Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So, you figger "that guy" is...owed?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

JAP Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hell, Arkansas even has disability license plates for motorcycles!

I'm thankful at my age I'm in good enough health and fit to work. I couldn't bear the thought of sitting around the house all day watching reality TV.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stush
Excellent point, and it echoes what I've observed. The ones truly in need, generally are the least likely to accept help.

It's called character.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I heard that program on the radio. The reason disability claims have skyrocketed is that SS disability is a federal program and pays more than welfare, which is a state program. When welfare laws were overhauled and more of the burden was put on the states to pay for it, states quickly figured out how to get people off their welfare rolls and the easiest way to do that was to get them on the federal disability rolls.

They even interviewed a consulting company that gets paid by 17 different states to identify people on the state welfare rolls and help them file disability claims and get on the federal SS disability rolls. The consulting company had a 70% success rate on the claims it helped file whereas the success rate for individuals is about half that.

They also interviewed parents with children who receive disability checks because they're "learning disabled." It was clear that some of the parents did not want their kids to progress beyond that diagnosis by doing better at school because that would mean the loss of the checks.

It's disgusting.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by aspade
It's easy to paint disability as druggie trash and a lot of them are.

But when the NY bankers that run the country ship half our factories to the third world and half the third world here to drive wages down, how much loyalty to that system do you expect a guy on the short end to have?

Yet that guy is expected to be too proud to cheat society. That never seems to go the other direction and expect society to be proud enough not to cheat him.
a Dimocrap liberal govt that forces company's to hire illiterate high school basketball players looking for a way to get hurt on the job and get recompense and a govt that taxes companies at the highest rate in the world to finance bums on welfare and disability causes companies to move overseas. That those companies have to compete against those in third world countries with one fourth the tax rate doesn't help.

Feel free to open and run your own company here, Spade. How many lawyers can you afford to hire to get through red tape and protect you from the local Dimocraps?

Last edited by eyeball; 03/25/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I am disabled and on disabitilty, I worked in the coal mines for 22 years and drove truck. I have copd, black lung and bad heart a long with other things. So everybody wasnt lazy that is on it. A person who has never is on SSI not disabitily.

GRAPEAPE
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No one said everyone is a leech.

They offered my dad disability in 1976 after a bad MI. He never could push a broom or lift a gallon of milk after that day without angina really bad.

He had COPD, CHF, hypertension among other things. Worked until 2001 when he retired. Some days were not great but he just didn't feel like sitting at home.

This day and time there are so many things that can be done at a desk, behind a computer, and if Dad could learn a computer, then anyone can.

I"m not saying this about you, simply that sometimes it ends up being do you want to work or not.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by grapeape
I am disabled and on disabitilty, I worked in the coal mines for 22 years and drove truck. I have copd, black lung and bad heart a long with other things. So everybody wasnt lazy that is on it. A person who has never is on SSI not disabitily.

He buddy glad to see you made it home safe. By the way thanks for the 270 bullets.

Bob

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Anytime hope you enjoy. It took me a lot longer to get home lots of rain, hope to see you next year.

GRAPEAPE
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
in my area i know bums who sit at the legion all day and drink their disability checks. they have it for bad backs, arthritis, bad shoulders, you name it. makes me sick when i walk into the legion for my monthly meeting and see these non-vet social members sitting there sucking down beers and smokes using SSI to pay for it. most are perfectly capable of working too.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

This day and time there are so many things that can be done at a desk, behind a computer, and if Dad could learn a computer, then anyone can.

I"m not saying this about you, simply that sometimes it ends up being do you want to work or not.

not always.....were i not signing my own paychecks it would be damn hard for me to find an employer willing to pay me for anything but part time work.....sure as hell woud be nearly impossible to hold down a typical 40 hour a week job....but because we have the papers and for the most part i can make my own schedule and work when i can instead of "9-5" i am supporting myself and not on disability....if we ever lose the papers i may very well be [bleep] in that regard....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is the last bit from npr..sayz a lot >""""But going on disability means you will not work, you will not get a raise, you will not get whatever meaning people get from work. Going on disability means, assuming you rely only on those disability payments, you will be poor for the rest of your life. That's the deal. And it's a deal 14 million Americans have signed up for.""""

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so many are on disability because they can sign up. Rules are SO loose, that damn near anyone can get disability.

Sam......

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,817
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.