Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,108 of 1,842 1 2 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's a cool rifle Bill. I had one for a couple of years when I dislocated my shoulder, I bought if for the recoil or lack there of.

I killed a couple of deer with it. The best load I could find was Winchester 117gr RN bullets. I could cover 3 holes with a nickel at 100. 1 deer dropped on the spot.

The second one, a very large Iron Range doe, in 2007 I think, (151# dressed, I remember because I posted it on this thread I think). I shot her in the ribs at about 40 yards, and she stood there like nothing happened. I thought I missed. She turned 180* and I shot just behind the shoulder on the right side. Then I could see her "jump" a bit at the shot and she ran right at me, passing by me at about 5 yards. It was all too fast to shoot again...which turned out pretty good, because she stiffend up just past me and tipped over.

I got down and checked her out and there were 4 holes in her behind the shoulder. 1 in and 1 out on each side. I was surprised by her reaction simply because the shot placement was nearly perfect, not ruining any meat and both shot were all lung. She was a big deer but ate just fine.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Has anybody here ever gotten a patent? My cousin and I are working on an idea. I cannot divulge the idea quite yet, but when our patent attorney gives us the nod I will. If anyone has any advice, I am all ears....or I guess eyes!

Meanwhile, I am researching yachts and private planes cuz we plan on getting filthy rich.... whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Too late BM. The Hula Hoop has already been invented. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Too late BM. The Hula Hoop has already been invented. laugh

Ouch! smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seriously it has? Oh doggone it. Well, i have an idea for this hard candy with a stick in it. Hmmmm....what could I name it????

I just dropped $500 at the patent attorneys office. It is pretty real right now. eek

As soon as I can tell you, I will. But at this point, I am under a gag order from the attorney. Nobody can know without signing a non-disclosure agreement. He said not even my dad!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Patents are expensive.In 2005 I developed the LT-2 sight adjuster for Mosin rifles.After finding out how much patents cost I decided to masnufacture and market without one which I did for 6 years.Sold them all over the world.Finally I decided to give the thing to a young friend to market.
Point is that you have to have a product that is going to bring in enough money to warrant the high cost of a patent.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stan, I have wore a bald spot in my already hair-deficient head trying to figure out if there is enough need for this product. It came down to this....if you dont try you will never know. Someone will come out with this I am confident. Might as well be us. I think there will be a lot of people that want this. The patent attorney liked the idea...of course he is getting paid to like it! eek

I cant wait to tell you folks. Could be in as little as 3-4 weeks.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I went as far as patent search and initiated listing... it got too expensive and I said the heck with it.

There's really nothing you can do to fully protect your stuff. China doesn't give a chit about patents. mad

That being said, they do have their place and I wish you luck with your idea.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If it helps get rid of snow, I'll be one of your first customers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know ! I know ! Its a camolodged Butt Out Tool so your buddies won't see ya use it and laugh at ya. !?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mule1
I know ! I know ! Its a camolodged Butt Out Tool so your buddies won't see ya use it and laugh at ya. !?

grin

I borrowed a Food Saver from a friend and used it this morning to package up my venison that wasn't wrapped. I had 2 packages of sausage in 10# sticks, that I broke down into approximately 1# packages, put the brats, smoked polish, and hot polish into 1# packages.

There are a ton of things I can find uses for one of these. I'm considering getting one. Do any of you folks use one? Do you like it? I liked it immediately, as soon as the first package of polish was sealed up. For those of you that use one, do you freeze the meat or keep it in the frige? I have it in the beer frige now but can put some in the freezer if I have to.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
They work well Tom, but there are a few tricks. Whatever you seal should be as dry as possible otherwise blood, water etc. can mess up the sealing process.

Berries should be frozen first.

Bags are expensive. Even if you buy the bulk rolls and make your own, there still pricy.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 03/24/13.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill,

It had a setting for "dry" or "moist" if you bagged something with marinade or a sauce. I didn't try that though so I'm not sure how well it would work.

I bought a couple packages of bags to replace the one's I used and an extra roll. They were $10/package.

I'm pretty sure you can reuse/reseal them if you open it. There is only one way to find out. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have and used a vacuum sealer a bit, they are really nice. I would say to get the commercial one from cabelas they are a little pricey but last WAY longer than the cheaper food saver brand. also buy bulk bags from a butcher supply store or something similar, they are cheaper.

BM- someone already made a beer launching fridge, I looked it up. great idea though! maybe they haven't patented it yet? good thinking wink

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Negatory on the Butt Out tool Ron, try again! Supposed to have a call this week with the attorney.

So about 8 years ago, Dad bought a vacuum sealer and brought it up to Canada on our fishing trip. He sat there for about 2 hours trying to get that to work and the rest of us were literally in tears we were laughing so hard. At the end, cousin Shane sucked out all the air from a ziplock and it was way better than anything the sealer had produced. That was it, as soon as he did that, we had 5 guys in stitches...falling out of the cabin we were laughing so hard the neighboring cabin guys who we had never met came over. Pretty soon they were laughing too! What a cool memory.

Ironically, Dad just bought another one. Round 2 this year! grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm no Ron ! I'm Sam ! :-)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My apologies Sam I am Mule1! I had just read something he wrote and had him on my (pea) brain. Sometimes, the only things that keep me on the right side of the fence at the zoo is my upright posture and opposable thumbs!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lol hey you can call me whatever you want I'll answer to anything.

I been trying to come up with a another guess but I need a clue does it have something to do with hunting or fishing ?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes, hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by mule1

grin

I borrowed a Food Saver from a friend and used it this morning to package up my venison that wasn't wrapped. I had 2 packages of sausage in 10# sticks, that I broke down into approximately 1# packages, put the brats, smoked polish, and hot polish into 1# packages.

There are a ton of things I can find uses for one of these. I'm considering getting one. Do any of you folks use one? Do you like it? I liked it immediately, as soon as the first package of polish was sealed up. For those of you that use one, do you freeze the meat or keep it in the frige? I have it in the beer frige now but can put some in the freezer if I have to.

We got the "nice" one from Costco a few years ago. It makes the venison processing much better, and is very useful for saving other foods during the year. I would put it's utility value right up there with the commercial Cabela's grinder.

I freeze, then thaw it out when I want to use it.

Page 1,108 of 1,842 1 2 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.