Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 159 of 169 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 168 169
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Damn George...Chris must have stopped by and saw the humidor filled with the good stuff. I'm going to have to track down the thief!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am liking the idea of a Nilgai hunt if that is one of the options.

Besides piggies, what animal could we go after that almost 40 of us could decend upon and have a reasonable chance at success for all? I am intrigued and curious, for sure!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman

Besides piggies, what animal could we go after that almost 40 of us could decend upon and have a reasonable chance at success for all? I am intrigued and curious, for sure!

axis, blackbuck, fallow.....but thats all game farm aswell for the most part.....so long as the pricing is similar(within a few hundred) im good to go but no matter what im coming next year even if funds are to short to allow any hunting...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would be really surprised if we could go 40 for 40 on nilgai.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Game farm is quite allright so long as there are not 10 hunters per Acre like we had the first morning up on the hill and no stinkin EAR TAGS on the animals! That was a bit over the top even for game farm critters, IMO. Good eating, surely, and the company and such was awsome but just a tad more challenge to the hunt would be a good thing.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll bet if you announced a pig roast you'd have no shortage of RSVP's to help clean out the freezer!
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
grin the only bad part is, my freezer is now full blush

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by safariman

axis, blackbuck, fallow.....but thats all game farm aswell for the most part.....so long as the pricing is similar(within a few hundred) im good to go but no matter what im coming next year even if funds are to short to allow any hunting...
Tx provides free range opportunities for those species....here is a free ranging Axis deer from a previous Campfire hog hunt
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice Trophy!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i know lil bout the exotics in Texas, just know ive seen those species on price lists and while usually more than the hogs we took this year arent a huge step up in price which is why i mentioned them....

BTW [bleep] is now on my wifes chit list......while not his Les Baer, because of it i walked out of a local store with a Para single stack 1911 like this one for about $600

[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

Never hunted them, but I did note that there was a young bull at Wilderness.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

Never hunted them, but I did note that there was a young bull at Wilderness.

i saw it aswell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i know lil bout the exotics in Texas, just know ive seen those species on price lists and while usually more than the hogs we took this year arent a huge step up in price which is why i mentioned them....

BTW [bleep] is now on my wifes chit list......while not his Les Baer, because of it i walked out of a local store with a Para single stack 1911 like this one for about $600

[Linked Image]

Very nice lookin 1911 there! Seems to have the goodies that we all want on them these days. Is yours a 45ACP or 10mm? If I was shopping for a 1911 right now I would be looking hard at the RIA in 10mm. As a matter of fact I am considering getting one anyway as well as the RIA combo gun in 9mm and 22TCM. I looked a couple of them over at a recent gun show and came within a hair of snagging the 10mm version. For under $600 a NICE 1911 10mm with all the bells and whistles.

Congratulations on the new gat! Are you planning to step up and get the various CCW's now and carry? Going to run some beefy hunting loads in it? Hunt with it at next years outing? If I had known how close I waas going to be to a hog and how many there were I probably would have left the rifles at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
45ACP.....the guy at the store has tried to get me in a Rock Island but his supplier is always out.....this was in the store, Para makes good guns and it was maybe $40 than the RI's i had been looking at so i grabbed it....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

[Linked Image]

Congratulations on your new heater. I like the looks of that setup by Para.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its good fairly basic one, dont care for the flimsy fiber optic front sight but it will do for now....will likely spend alot of time in my truck....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

It's about the official 24HourCampfire Boar Gun.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who cares about reasonable success for 40 folks? I want to HUNT, not hang out in a petting zoo.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Amen Brother!!!!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
45ACP.....the guy at the store has tried to get me in a Rock Island but his supplier is always out.....this was in the store, Para makes good guns and it was maybe $40 than the RI's i had been looking at so i grabbed it....

Yes, Para makes darned good guns. And the 45ACP has been gettin it done for a VERY long time. Lots of loads out there that are more than Boar and Bear capable. No less a Bear Expert than Jim Hackewicz (with nearly 900 black bears to his credit) is going to use a Sig P-220 in 45ACP that I sold him on a Black Bear this year. IF I can get fairly close I want to try my 10mm on one. It seemed to make an impression on the hog I shot with it this year. Jims bear specific handload is a 200gr SWC at just over 1,000fps. There are hotter badder loads out there of course.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
We could go here

High Percentage Hunt

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 159 of 169 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, AscensionIndustries, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,219 guests, and 665 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,224
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.