Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Pulled the stock off my Ruger M77 tang safety. Lost the safety button in my reloading/hobby room. I know...I know: I'm too stupid to live. I even recall that possibility being mentioned in a post I read on maintaining M77s. But I had it set aside with the connecting rod and then must have knocked it somewhere. I damn near emptied that room looking for it with a flashlight. No luck. Numrich's are out of stock. Anybody have one to sell or know where I can get one pronto? I'd really like to get my 'new' 7x57 to the range, but it's not going anywhere until I get another button. Thanks.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Pulled the stock off my Ruger M77 tang safety. Lost the safety button in my reloading/hobby room. I know...I know: I'm too stupid to live. I even recall that possibility being mentioned in a post I read on maintaining M77s. But I had it set aside with the connecting rod and then must have knocked it somewhere. I damn near emptied that room looking for it with a flashlight. No luck. Numrich's are out of stock. Anybody have one to sell or know where I can get one pronto? I'd really like to get my 'new' 7x57 to the range, but it's not going anywhere until I get another button. Thanks.

Ouch, I know how you feel. I almost lost mine the other day too....I took the action out of the stock to refinish the stock and dropped the dang safety button on the floor and accidentally kicked it under the damn cupboard and had to get a magnet to fish it out. Those dang things will stick in the tread of your shoes too grin...Don't ask me how I know that...Now I just zip tie the rod and lever to the action so they don't fall off while I'm working on them!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
The zip tie is a great idea. In the future, I'll definitely use it.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I knew I could count on The 'fire!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mrchongo

.... I have done that same thing.... LOL

I called ruger up and they gave me to moyers (link above). I had it in no time.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by twintips16; 03/27/13.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try using a magnet to find that part.

Glenn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jack First
Rapid City, SD

www.jackfirstgun.com

Their catalog isn't on-line, so you have to call Becky, Nancy, or Nora for help. 605-343-9544.

I know this because I have needed tang safety Ruger 77 parts that neither Ruger, nor GPC, were able to supply.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.