Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 229 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 228 229
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I bought a TC Venture in .243 Winchester last week. Apparently it's a piece of [bleep] according to Boxer. Funny how the first five shots went into 1 1/4" with two different loads. Three bullets were Speer and two were Remington.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
1 1/4"???
Was that at 25yds?

Jk'ing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well well, Boxer The Clown took yet another mental-dump (all it's capable of, really). In it's normal state of delusion, it must have imagined I responded to it.

Talkn' 'bout it's favorite subject - it. Runnin' folks down, in whatever that 'tard-slang of it's is.

Don't ever wonder if you're respected, or thought of as in-the-know, you're not.

Don't ever wonder if you're menatally healthy, you're not.

Those big ol' clown shoes, and that goofy lookin' red nose (alcohol would be my guess), along with tootin' it's own horn are always amusing though.

Quick, answer your whistle - here boy.

Knowing that promoting .25-06 would have ol' Boxer The Clown slobberin', howlin', stompin' his feet and clappin' his hands in yet another tantrum is enough reason for me to tout the quarter bore(s).

.257 caliber; 75-grain to 120-grain, in varmint, target, or hunting bullets - as versatile as a caliber can be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couldnt have said it better. 2 thumbs up.

Swifty
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lately I've been building with high bc bullets in mind because I enjoy shooting longer distance for fun.....

That said I can't think of a single animal or hunting situation I've been in where a 25-06 wouldn't have worked. I do have a 280AI so I can fit in....lol

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Tom264
1 1/4"???
Was that at 25yds?

Nope, actually it was 100 Meters. It is my only group though I will surely do better with all five rounds the same loads I guess. Later, guys.

Jk'ing

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[Linked Image]

I'd recommend that if you really wanna be "Campfire Cool" then use whatever gun Schtick is using in this picture...

and don't let the real fact that he is posing by aiming his rifle, to cover up the fact that he was squatting to take a dump at the time....

and don't rib him about he forget to drop his drawers once again, and ended up crapping in his pants... Again...

hey look at it from Schtick's perspective.. if a bear can crap where he lives... why can't he?

( now I'll set back and watch the floor show.... Schtick's witty response about how I sit on the couch, and dream of all the things I've always wanted, and all the places I wish I had been and all the things I wish I'd have done....all in authentic AK backwoods gibberish, that no one understands except those raised in trailer parks...

oh and let's not forget all of his groupies that will rush to his rescue to defend his honor, to show their Jedi Devotion for their Short little AK version of Yoda...)

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Boxer:
Well it never takes long to find the guys who can not carry on an intelligent conversation. Let me guess, once you got out of high school no one cared you were the big jock on campus? Or maybe you were such a screw up even Dad and Mom didn't claim you in public? Or was it the shock that Mom and Dad were cousins that did it? You have developed such a language of your own it should come with it's own dictionary. It is such a good way to bash people while trying to not let your ignorance show because no one would believe you are really that illiterate. As a rule I try to avoid pissing matches but I think you actually want one here as it gives you more reason to finger your smarter head.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'smoker,

If you don't tell it any different,a 284Win will reliably think it's a 280...which ain't a bad thang. 2850fps is easily arranged,the cases are very typically robust and nice things reliably happen with all things based offa the parent.

I can like the 7-08AI,but on a 3" receiver it'd be 284Win or bust for me in 7mm.

Kaleb,

Topography and vegetation,has been knowed to skew things and nothin' is more favorable than Pasture Play. Why? It's tough to lose sight of the victim,any time during the equation and that by default...simply ups odds.

For conversation. This is the end of my driveway and a rock toss from my bedroom window(which'll horn the Window Lickers up).

A Critter taking a step after impact here,is a different scenario than one taking several steps in the pasture.

[Linked Image]

For conversation...all boolits "work" in the Pasture and that'd be the point.

Swifty,

Funnier than [bleep],that you learned long ago,to skirt ALL things the rifle and to just whine with your quivering lips instead.

You Do Nothing Dumb [bleep] are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

'Cub,

I enjoy your Imagination,nearly as much as you do,though for very different reasons.

I know,I know...the couch has got your [bleep],the cat has got your tongue and "all" your pics are at bigsqueeze's house. Still cain't know which is funnier,that dumb [bleep] pretending to be dead,or you pretending to be alive?!!?

You "hard chargers" and your vast "experience" and "knowledge" is only surpassed by your "results". Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend is free,otherwise you'd have nothing.

Laffin'!

'hookem,

Are you bitching or bragging. I know which you should be doing and don't think it ain't funnier than [bleep]...that you ain't. Here's to you doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with.

Really enjoyed the load "particulars".

The Texans would take you by default and think they had something. 'Course schit floats and that's "something".

Congratulations?!!?

Mako,

Groovin' on your heartfelt Whine,as you stomp your itty-bitty feet,hold your breath and point fingers trying to pin your incredible dumbphucktitude off,as being someone else's "fault".

Please take what ever amount of time you deem requisite,to conjura the 25-06's "ability" to "out versatile" a 243Win. Pics is always nice,though a leetle tough on your Imagination and Pretend. Don't be afeared of "particulars" and rest assured,I'll happily take the time to rub your nose in your own [bleep] stupidity. I know,I know...you ain't gonna mention a peep and ain't it a right proper dichotomy,that someone as [bleep] stupid as you,who thinks they ain't,knows better than to even "try". EPIC [bleep] humor!

Just how "loud" is your Imagination,when you shoot it?!?

Laffin'!

Shefire,

Fairly iconic ain't it,to bushel a 20,000bd ft+ stick,then whittle into a shooting bench and then watch Ma' Nature recover it?!? Doin' trumps Dreamin',but I'd not wish to slight you your Imagination or Prtetend.

You spend a whole buncha time "Outside",don'tcha'?!?

Laffin'!

WSM,

As a Rule,you like being in over your head.

Just a shame,that you haven't the faculties to comprehend just how [bleep] incredibly stupid you is.

You go girl!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You spend a whole buncha time "Outside",don'tcha'?!?

Schtick, ya got me!

I admit, down here in the lower 48, we have this stuff called indoor plumbing... and another little invention called TP...

so I have to admit both are probably foreign concepts to you, even from your days growing up over in the rural trailer park in Coos County...

but next time you are down this way, you really ought to try out an indoor flush toilet and that little white paper called TP... they even have sinks where you could wash your hands off afterwards, instead of just wiping them off on the front of your overalls... we know the little lady would really appreciate that one!

besides, rumor has it that some of your biggest fans/groupies spend a lot of time hanging around rooms in Truck Stops that are full of those indoor toilet things...

I am highly surprised they didn't tell you about them.. they probably just assumed you knew....

you have a good day up there in Deliverance AK.. all of us here in the lower 48 spend our imagination day wondering what antics you are going to be doing daily.... from the comfort of our couch and keyboard....

oh PS: the little woman PM'ed me and asked me to give you a little hint.... "take a bath will ya? Its almost April for God's Sake!!!" her words, not mine... sorry there little buddy! I told her you had trouble finding soap since Hoppies or Remington don't make soap.. and barrel spray foam just isn't quite as good on the body as it is on a rifle barrel.. for getting stuff clean... another reason I am sure you are an 'outdoors' kinda guy....

you have a great day there Gilligan! whistle

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire, that was an insult to Gilligan! ! We all know that he had more ingenuity, and a higher thought process than Slickey Stickey . laugh

Swifty
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks was just curious because I had more deer take a death run with the 22-250AI amax combo than the 6.5-284 and I know you like the 75 amax. I agree that it's no deal breaker for game to dash off 15-50 yards where I hunt. If I was in a spot with less visibility I'd likely line up more bone and keep a 75gr swift ready for that. Have yet to use it though as the amax works well. Wife did whack a couple with the 62tsx a few years back. Her shots always have seemed to land through the fonts and of course deer havnt moved.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Seafire, that was an insult to Gilligan! ! We all know that he had more ingenuity, and a higher thought process than Slickey Stickey . laugh

Not really, Schtick is a lot more hilarious than Gilligan ever thought of being...

I love Schtick.... no one gives you more laughs in less time that Schmuck does...

I love that pic where Yoda was trying to be more like Schtick...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep that is a good slickly pic, skin color is perfect. I wonder if he uses a timer to make sure he doesn't go over 86,400 seconds between his most informative posts. Maybe it gives him time to come up with some ingenious way of telling the same frontiersman deeds that were posted 4 or 5 years ago.
Problem is that his last response to me cost me buying the wife dinner . Bet her that he would call me a window licking, sit on couch [bleep], dumbphuckitude, and others which has been his normal response for over 4 years. Oh well guess even the Ayatollah Azzahola can actually pitch a curve ball once.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/28/13.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Boxer did you really carve that shooting bench out or did the toothless halfwit from Axe Men do it during their last filming? I would think someone of your self proclaimed skills would have carved out a seat and made it more usable. I thought about that while I was sitting in the comfort of a padded chair shooting of a concrete bench of course at the club. Not as wild as your front yard but I did have to chase the turkeys off the range so I could shoot. Was shooting a .243 just to stay on topic. Working on a load for woodchuck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

I'd recommend that if you really wanna be "Campfire Cool" then use whatever gun Schtick is using in this picture...

[Linked Image]

You're so right. And what an impressive photo. Ain't he the one though, shooting from a 4' tall stump. And still throwing his crap, the same stuff each time. I was thinking a tree did the world a favor and fell on him. Or the alcohol caught up with him. No such luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

I'd recommend that if you really wanna be "Campfire Cool" then use whatever gun Schtick is using in this picture..

You're so right. And what an impressive photo. Ain't he the one though, shooting from a 4' tall stump. And still throwing his crap, the same stuff each time. I was thinking a tree did the world a favor and fell on him. Or the alcohol caught up with him. No such luck.

That be a normal size stump with a midget atop of it. Kind of an optical illusion with perspective trickery given his vertical challenges.

Laffin' (at the short charger more commonly known as Sm�agol)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish I had a stump like that on my place. I would enclose it, bring a stool, and put up a corn feeder smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Eddy,

are you referring to the wood stump or the human one?

I mean, putting up an enclosure, give it a stool and put up a corn feeder, could apply to the human stump also...

so just thought I'd get a little more clarification... whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not have either...

but

If I had to get one

It would be a 243 cause you can put a 30-06 in a 243

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 12 of 229 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.