Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 229 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 228 229
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee',

That's [bleep] hilarious schit! You and poor/dumb Shrapnel could have Golf Cart Races and a Goggle Tourney at the same [bleep] time,along with a Gate Opening Competition! Laffin'! Everyone's idea of "Outdoors" is different and I appreciate the humor of your cluelessness.

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! I knew it was gonna be funny...but [bleep]!

Bless your heart.

kute',

You've a rapier wit.

Classic!

'Native,

Shefire's really doing "well".

According to her Imagination.(grin)

Shefire,

Nothing in regards to you,will ever be "new". You are going to set on your glazed [bleep],wear out yet another couch and Whine longer,louder and more often...as you practice making more excuses as to why you are such an incredibly cluelessnes Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphuck.

Your fascination with Monkey Azz,undoubtedly extrapolates nicely to your "ability" to pull wool and I reckon noone wishes to slight you them "satisfactions". Laffin'!

As per always,I enjoy your Imagination,nearly as much as you do and get a kick outta how "real" your Pretend is to you.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...how to next fuel your Imagination,so you can practice your Pretend?!!? Decisions,decisions. I got it,beings you are a prick looker of repute and bid the Ebay ZipLoc through the roof.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to the next installment of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

Here's to you doing the best you can,with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with.

Laffin'!

Wyo',

You are a mean bastard...but I dig your humor!

'Photog,

Curiously enough,gain a leetle elevation and a lowly 243Win will literally getcha' to a mile.

'Course that'll mindphuck The Do Nothing Gang and someone will haveta take pity and 'splain it...though I'd make 'em wonder(aloud).

Laffin'!

Laguna,

Tasco sells alotta scopes.

Such constants sail over alotta pointy heads,because Joe Average is an amazingly clueless dumbphuck and unable to note any differences...as this Thread so very poignantly illuminates.

Yet the astute glean the obvious and from a mile away. Pun be intended.

Hint.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kutenay
Some nice iron and glass there, bud, I am impressed by some of your Whitetails, too! smile

I guess in that country, one does not need synthetic handles on his thundersticks, whereas, here in BC and in AK, they are one of the most useful changes in rifle technology since I started hunting in 1964.

What I like to do, with my antiquated P-64/70 Fwts. is to hang a Micky Edge on one, keep the alloy action parts and am SLOWLY becoming a user of Talley UL rings. This, cuts all of the useless weight of that design and gives a rifle about 7.25-7.5 all in.

I find that this is about "ideal" for packing all day on my backpack and handles well for shooting at whatever game I can manage to find here in BC.

I would love to hunt those big, nasty-looking porkers, someday, how are they to eat?

Kutenay,

FWIW, we've been experiencing drought conditions for the last 4 years or so where I've been hunting. The landowner at one of my leases indicated that he had had something like 3.5 inches of rain in 18 months between 2010 and 2012. Hasn't improved much since. Consequently our major problem is rocks dust, cactus, cats claw and every thing else that kicks, pricks, scratches, bites, claws, gnaws and abrades. Mildew and corrosion, not so much. Stay away from acrylic finishes such as those found on Browning's and you're good to go when it comes time to refinish.

As to the whitetails. Texas has very little public land. So we have annual trespass leases. My leases are what I call "working man's leases. I pay about $1,700 per year for the rights to hunt year round. I can take the county limit on deer, hogs, quail, turkey and dove. No bag limit on fox, coyote, squirrels. Also non-indigenous game such as aoudad sheep, axis, sika, fallow deer and hogs can be taken year round with no limit. There are no crops grown around where we are. There is some supplemental feeding of corn. Lots of deer, but not like what they have (or what you pay) in south Texas. I consider myself a "short range meat hunter". I don't much concern myself with trophies. IIRC I've never scored a buck. Ate a bunch though.

As to how do the big boars taste?. In Texas hogs are like vermin in some respects. Some landowners will tell you to hit the road if they find out you've seen hogs and not shot them. The larger boars, if I can smell them 15' away when I'm walking up, I may take the backstraps, but usually don't bother skinning them out. I like the ones between 30 lbs and say 150 lbs. the best, either sex. I snare, trap and shoot 30 to 50 a year. My daughter makes some of the best Cilantro lime pulled pork you ever tasted. Take an onion roll, some cole-slaw and pile on the pork cooked for 10 to 12 hours in a crock pot. It's good enough to make you want to slap yo' daddy down.
Finally, I read you on the light rifles. I did a DIY elk hunt between 8,500 and 10,000 ft. elevation in Colorado, one in Montana at 7500 ft. plus. Each time I carried my Rem. Sendero 338 RUM. I learned my lesson. My bear in New Mexico at 7,000 ft. was taken with the Merkel k1 at 6.5 lbs with scope.

As a coda:
When it comes to killing, I�ve nothing against synthetic stocked rifles��..

[Linked Image]
240 Weatherby Accumark

[Linked Image]
Remington Sendero, 338 RUM

[Linked Image]
Nosler Custom Sporter, 325 WSM

[Linked Image]
Remington model 7 Predator, 17 fireball

[Linked Image]
Remington 700 Sendero, 7 STW

[Linked Image]
Sako 75 Varmint, 260 Remington

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN3993.jpg[/img]
Remington 700 LVSF, 221 Fireball

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN3937.jpg[/img]
Kimber Montana, 325 WSM

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/01/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya gotta love a guy who can use so many made up words to say absolutely nothing....

Schmuck, if intelligence was liquid, you couldn't overflow a thimble...

ya gotta be the most entertaining midget I know of... but I do have to ask, why does the brand name on your chain saw seem to say Mattel? or maybe it could have just been how out of focus your camera was... all of those high dollar rigs you always brag about..

also hope you notice the efforts that guy from Texass is going to trying to get your attention and impress you.. standing up for your honor and all... he is trying so hard to impress you!.....

sweet dreams and have a great day tomorrow there Smurfette.. working all day on tomorrow's ONE Daily POST...making up words to try and hide the fact you can't spell worth Schitt anyway.. at least your groupies are fooled...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see the point in this thread at all...

But then I own a 260 laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I don't see the point in this thread at all...

But then I own a 260 laugh

Dan,

Point?

Nah!, stream of consciousness.

What�s the old saying that opinions are like noses, everyone has one and most of them smell���..

Although I prefer the 25-06 to the 243, the same holds true for the 260 over the 25-06.

[Linked Image]

Where I hunt, the typical shot is 200 yds. and under, with most being where there is heavy cover within a few feet of where the critter is standing when shot. Unless it�s a spine or CNS shot, most stuff is not DRT. If a blood trail can�t be found within 10� of the point of impact, many times, (especially at dark-thirty) your quarry can�t be found. If that is the case, that means no meat. If the temps don�t spoil the meat, coyotes, hogs, and other vermin will have it consumed by the next day. So a heavier bullet at moderate velocity gives more �whop� and usually complete penetration and blood to follow should it be necessary. On hogs I try to place a bullet two inches below the ear, on a line between the ear and shoulder. If done correctly, it severs the spine, they drop and paddle and no tracking. But being as they are constantly moving and almost never still, sometimes between when my brain sez� pull and my finger obeys, they move. That�when the additional grainage comes in handy.

I like the 6.5�s. I load the 130 gr. Nosler Accubonds in the 260 Rem and 6.5 x 284.
I�m load testing the 6.5 Leopard (6.5 WSM) with 140�s. The Hornady SST's shoot fine but are more frangible than I like. The Sierra Sptizers have promise. Got some Accubonds on the way in I want to try.

I do like the 260's.

[Linked Image]
Sako 75 Varmint, & Kimber Montana, 260 Rem.

The Sako Varmint w/ set trigger is a shooter.......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I figure if I want a little more �oomph� well there is the 6.5 x 284
[Linked Image]

And if I need to reach out a lil� further, well there is the 6.5 WSM
[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
GWB, Nice rifles you have there. I am a big fan of the 6.5's although right now I do not own any. My younger brother has a .260 and I have killed deer with it with the 129 grain Hday sp. Bang Flop. One of my best shooting buddy's and friend I work on guns with has always been a fan of the 6.5x55's. He has numerous Swedes he has built stocks for, re-barreled and built target rifles out of. He has just recently with my help convincing him to get a .260 and then he got a 6.5-.284. Once I get some of my other projects finished up I see a .260 or 6.5x55 in my future. I still have dies for both from previous rifles I had owned.

Don't get me wrong the .243 and 25-06 are capable deer rifles especially with today's bullets. Neither are for me as my main deer rifle though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by Fotis
I had a 243 and a 25-06. Sold them both and settled on this.

6mm-284 Mickey stock
Shilen super match SS 1:8
All duracoated.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is that one of those Lowes kolbart shop tables? I have 4 kinda like that in my reloading room. They are very good for the money IMO.

Yes sir it is!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What kind of bullet and gun do you run?
Originally Posted by Seafire
ya gotta love a guy who can use so many made up words to say absolutely nothing....

Schmuck, if intelligence was liquid, you couldn't overflow a thimble...

ya gotta be the most entertaining midget I know of... but I do have to ask, why does the brand name on your chain saw seem to say Mattel? or maybe it could have just been how out of focus your camera was... all of those high dollar rigs you always brag about..

also hope you notice the efforts that guy from Texass is going to trying to get your attention and impress you.. standing up for your honor and all... he is trying so hard to impress you!.....

sweet dreams and have a great day tomorrow there Smurfette.. working all day on tomorrow's ONE Daily POST...making up words to try and hide the fact you can't spell worth Schitt anyway.. at least your groupies are fooled...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
Gee',

That's [bleep] hilarious schit! You and poor/dumb Shrapnel could have Golf Cart Races and a Goggle Tourney at the same [bleep] time,along with a Gate Opening Competition! Laffin'! Everyone's idea of "Outdoors" is different and I appreciate the humor of your cluelessness.

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! I knew it was gonna be funny...but [bleep]!

Bless your heart.

Thank you sir. I will take the association with Shrapnel as a compliment of the highest order. I�ve never met the man but from what I�ve seen he as an appreciation of Sako�s as do I.

Everybody's got to be somewhere. Lots worse places than one where you are "making meat"
[Linked Image]

My home away from home:
As I mentioned before, we lease a 1,700 acre pasture out of a 50,000 acre low fenced ranch about 18 miles north of Uvalde, Tx. We are some six miles off the highway. No power or water. I purchased this camper for $100. It came with a refrigerator and a/c. Have to use a generator to power them, but rarely use it as I don't care for all that noise. I bring in my own water and ice. Use lanterns for illumination, Coleman stove and charcoal grill for cooking. Works for me.

Small on the outside,
[Linked Image]

but big on the inside.
[Linked Image]

Oh yeah, Stick,
I hunted for this picture for about 10 minutes before I found it. It was no where near a feeder nor behind a fence, or either side of a gate, (the picture that is).

I call it keeping a sharp eye peeled?

[Linked Image]

To some degree, your are right, a lot of what I do might not actually be called hunting as much as observing. I�ll have a gun, and a camera.

A few I�ve taken over the last several years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/group%20pix/small%20game/IMG_8042.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSC04840.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMGP0183.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5928.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5021.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC02133.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC04846.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03072.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC_0085.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKduck
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Both are small for deer.

Consider .277"!

The 243 is good for pests and target shooting however.

The 25-06 never caught on.

[img]http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/thumbnails2/1/041

0/03/1_a30469144ba1aea4f24fa251ecf52e81.jpg[/img]

Wow
I'll second that wow

No Sh*t!!!!
That has to be one of the most incredible comments I have ever seen, I have both, and go all the way to 375 H&H, so all I can say someone is real short on experience when it comes to the 243 and 25/06.
Have watched a 400 yard shot on a mountain goat, one shot, one dead goat, mule deer also, the 25/06 for me has slain more than a few deer and mountain goat.
Hard to believe that comment and others like it.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

Oh I've zero doubt,that "hard chargers" like poor/dumb Shrapnel,are the fixtures that you use to set your "expectations" and the barometer you measure your "results" with. Laffin'!

Driving around in a Golf Cart,opening gates and gunning the name tags offa the Critters at the Pettin' Zoo,ain't my idea of a good time. No matter how "cool" the goggles are. Do you two take turns,lifting tails and inserting quarters,so the Critters are a leetle more spry?!? Laffin'!

Please keep roughin' it,in the Wildest expanses of your Imagination.

Wow +P+.

Shefire,

Luckily for you...Whining costs as much as Imagination or Pretend,so you've got that going for you. Laffin'!

Always a treat to be regaled with all the things you've almost done,with all the wares you've almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Ain't it a right proper Dichotomy,that despite the incredible magnitude of your Imagination and Pretend,the one thing you cain't conjure up is Results?!!?

Here's to the perpetual hilarity of you,trying to tell yourself you are "satisfied" being you. Laffin'! Good luck on your quest,to make Dumbphucktitude fashionable and lower standards sooooooo far...it'd take a flashlight to see into the entrance of the void.

'Tis a shame,you haven't the faculties to process just how incredibly "well" you are doing. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

WSM,

You's a leetle tight lipped on the particulars and where's the pics. Undoubtedly you've slammed some bomber Bucks. Give or [bleep] take. Laffin'!

Your version of "experience",is [bleep] hilarious!

Parts',

Ask her about CRF.

Laffin'!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Sorry Boxer I came to this forum to share and learn. Not to entertain a loser like yourself. It is ashame that someone who supposedly lives the dream is so bitter and miserable he has to look for ways to make others look inferior. No photo I post would interest a pro like yourself. My rifles don't have kiddy stickers on them and my photos are taken with an iphone unlike the fine cameras your film crew has for you. I also live in an area where a trophy buck here would not be worthy in your great neighborhood.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
This is true, at any given time in the Kansas wilderness Id think Boxer has 3-7 cameras "on him". Hes a regular [bleep] Kim Kardashian, only a lot uglier.

This is gonna be the next .223AI thread.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You wish.

If it wasn't for Seabiscuit, we'd be picking on Canooks, since Jeff Blo went off and hid. The Biscuit likes the abuse. She'll take any attention she can get. And dick.

We will keep hogging your oil though, thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thats fine Slave, we'll keep bringing you foreigners up here to exploit you for your cheap labour.

GFY Little Mexico

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know some I'd like to send your way......... grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nothing worse than a mouthy Canadian..

grin

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
GFY, eh. Crazy Americans and your fractional inches and Gallons.

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You speak english?

or

va te faire foutre!

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
"va te faire foutre"

Is that like an 80%'er?

Page 16 of 229 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,417
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.