Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 229 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 228 229
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SLM
Seafire, do you ever sit back and read your stuff and think WTF?

yes on the first and yes on the second... NO on the third...

do I want to change my mind? NOPE...

There are great guys on this forum, decent guys and then AHoles...

My responses to each reflect my respect or lack of it for them and their 2 cents..

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

Spot on.

I figure, he's done alot of schit to alot of rifles.
He doesn't dispense info on schit he don't know about. Hint.
He's already made the mistakes that I'm going make trying to get to where he's already been.
So my plan is to listen...
Then I take all the free info he and others give out and I got a short cut to the top.

If I talked out my ass about rifles or gear, or told him he was wrong and he ain't, it's not gonna be purty. Some can't seem to understand that. Over and over and over again. It's wonderful.

Works for me. I appreciate it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well Slavely... we all can't rise to be the "model citizen" you have aspired to be... some of us actually go thru life without being legends in our own minds...

My apologies for not living up to your 'expectations'...
( like I actually give a F... but don't tell anyone... I'd hate to hurt your little manfeelings..)
actually I am touched that you think I really give a good [bleep] about what you think on about any subject...

have a great afternoon there Peaches..

That'll be 3 Hail Mary's and 6 Our Father's to clear you up again.
Now drop and give me 20.

Push-ups you sick bastard.

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by SLM
Seafire, do you ever sit back and read your stuff and think WTF?

yes on the first and yes on the second... NO on the third...

do I want to change my mind? NOPE...

There are great guys on this forum, decent guys and then AHoles...

My responses to each reflect my respect or lack of it for them and their 2 cents..

One further point here, I will flatly state that John, aka "Seafire" whom I knew on AR, a fine forum ruined by a fanatic, racist, bigot, Wall St. banker and total scrawny little blowhard azzhole moderator, and also here on the "Fire" is one of the finest men I have met on ANY forum and I am proud to call him my friend.

I don't usually read most of these kind of threads but, while you guys can all do as you wish, I would suggest that this one has gone it's course and maybe everyone should take a step back and cool down a bit, eh?

Whatever, no more comments from me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seafire, when I read your posts, I says to myself, "WTF?".

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kutenay

I don't usually read most of these kind of threads but, while you guys can all do as you wish, I would suggest that this one has gone it's course and maybe everyone should take a step back and cool down a bit, eh?

So, where did you end up?

243 or 25-06? grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by dubePA
Been acquainted with Schticky since the Shooters days. He's furnished some chuckles along the way, but most of the entertainment came from those whose manginas he's bruised over the years.

Having spent most of my life working in agriculture, manufacturing plants and in construction, such crude commentaries are how working men generally speak amongst themselves. Makes a hard day go a bit easier, so I'm used to it.

Not sure how those who work in office environments converse, because I have little personal experience in that milieu?

Apparently it's a more sophisticated and congenial environment? One where "rough" talk isn't appreciated and where puzzies and egos are more easily-bruised?

Just a guess? smirk

I disagree, I went to school for mine maintenance and grew up in a coal mining town. I have worked construction 30 years in an industrial environment. We talk crap but are never as arrogant as Boxer is. Only true arseholes act like him and are usually thought of as trash! Not that I can not take it but he has trashed me on this thread because I thought a simple joke was funny and gave a simple statement of what caliber I would chose. One that many would be in full agreement was a fine caliber for the original posters needs. He comes on here and posts pictures of him at work like hey here I am the big tree feller you guys are not [bleep] compared to me. This is a thread about the 243 vrs the 25-06 what does pictures of him and a chainsaw have to do with it! Should I post photos of myself when I was an active firefighter fighting fires to make myself look special? He works hard for a living and has a dangerous job! Big [bleep] deal, to use one of his favorite words. I was just the night shift electrical general foreman on the crew who built the largest Coke Battery in the US. That and $1.80 will get me a cup of coffee at the local diner!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
That and $1.80 will get me a cup of coffee at the local diner!

Wow, I thought "the east" was supposed to be an outrageous on the cost of living.
That's a deal.

P.S. he uses a trot line. Seems to work.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many of you have never been in an infantry platoon.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dubePA
Been acquainted with Schticky since the Shooters days. He's furnished some chuckles along the way, but most of the entertainment came from those whose manginas he's bruised over the years.

Having spent most of my life working in agriculture, manufacturing plants and in construction, such crude commentaries are how working men generally speak amongst themselves. Makes a hard day go a bit easier, so I'm used to it.

Not sure how those who work in office environments converse, because I have little personal experience in that milieu?

Apparently it's a more sophisticated and congenial environment? One where "rough" talk isn't appreciated and where puzzies and egos are more easily-bruised?

Just a guess? smirk

I disagree, I went to school for mine maintenance and grew up in a coal mining town. I have worked construction 30 years in an industrial environment. We talk crap but are never as arrogant as Boxer is. Only true arseholes act like him and are usually thought of as trash! Not that I can not take it but he has trashed me on this thread because I thought a simple joke was funny and gave a simple statement of what caliber I would chose. One that many would be in full agreement was a fine caliber for the original posters needs. He comes on here and posts pictures of him at work like hey here I am the big tree feller you guys are not [bleep] compared to me. This is a thread about the 243 vrs the 25-06 what does pictures of him and a chainsaw have to do with it! Should I post photos of myself when I was an active firefighter fighting fires to make myself look special? He works hard for a living and has a dangerous job! Big [bleep] deal, to use one of his favorite words. I was just the night shift electrical general foreman on the crew who built the largest Coke Battery in the US. That and $1.80 will get me a cup of coffee at the local diner!

You really need to go back and read his first exchange to you right before you came out swinging. Wish I could quote it up for you and maybe interpret for you. You actually attacked him first.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That sums it up

you boys give Schtick way too much credit... just 'because he helps folks'

well so do a lot of other guys on the forum, and do it with out being an ASSS about it.. and they are here to share info and be a part of something... not using it as a platform to compensate for having a short man's complex...

heck even a couple of courses in psychology at a local community college, or attend a few AA Meetings and Scthick isn't that hard to figure out..

but anyone who cares to be impressed by him... please knock yourself out..

Even a few guys that have good words to say about Schtick.. I have a thousands times more respect for them and their contributions to this forum then Schmuck...

Nope, but then again I've met him, I ain't met you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can say the F word whenever I want at work. Very manly.....laughing

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wageslave

243 or 25-06? grin

Sold my P-64 Fwt.-.243, and a Dumoulin so reamed as well, have never had a .25-06 and now have custom 7-08 (1), 7x57 (4), 280Rem (4 and one more Brno 21 action to build another and .270 P-64 Fwts (3) and .308s (2) and I ain't buying NO MORE rifles for a long time, unless I can find a pre-war German "clamshell" sxs on 9.3x74R with claws and scope. AND, some kind soul lends me the $$$ to buy it! wink

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by wageslave

243 or 25-06? grin

LOL

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[bleep] you [bleep].

grin

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It's the [bleep] Canadian..

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Boxer

WSM',

I've killed with all of them chamberings cited,amongst a host of others within the ilk,that ain't mentioned.

If ALL things are equal in differing diameters,to the tune of like projectile integrity and BC's,one can reliably take it to the [bleep] Bank,that the larger bore size is gonna squirt like weight projectiles at increased speeds over it's skinnier cousin. However...things is FAR from "equal" in differing diameters and therein lies the dilemma . Hint. For a 25 to Trump a 6mm,you gotta shovel MUCH more coal into the boiler room and the 25-06 to 243 comparison...ain't enough disparity in CC's to do that. That FACT,seems to trouble pointy-headed Windowlickers in their tinfoil hats,more than a little.(grin)

Boolits matter more than headstamps,but it's funnier than [bleep] to grant them who take exception,the opportunity to showcase their [bleep] stupidity and offer a "Treatise" upon same.

Had a 17HMR,22LR,SAAMI Hornet,223AI,22-250AI,243,6-284,7-08 and 280 in my crummy today and the winds were beyond "sporty". Schit ain't the same and it really do AMAZE me,how [bleep] few can grasp such simplistic FACTS...but obviously,they only shoot their mouths and Imaginations.

Reality ain't for everyone.

All that because I liked how someone put something in a funny way. Wow Guess I might as well say what I feel about the subject. If I did not have a rifle and was buying one just for deer/lopes as was stated I would buy a rifle chambered in .260 or 6.5x55 High BC and SD bullets, light recoil and muzzle blast and all the gun you will ever need for even those pesky quartering shots.

Eddybro:
After this post is when he Started on me. Where do I attack him here? He attacks me the page before this post. This was my second post on this subject.

Last edited by WSM_Shooter; 04/04/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM

You're too kind, sweetheart...

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by SLM

You're too kind, sweetheart...

Dammit, there's two of them. grin

Page 22 of 229 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Anaconda, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.