Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MartyC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Howz the new pup John? I conversed with Eileen online and she assured me that she would ONLY retrieve for a gentle woman's hand.
MC

marty
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
HA!

We did some spring training on planted chukars a week ago. Lena will definitely retrieve for me too!

She's going to be a great little bird dog, since she's smart, enthusiastic and bird-crazy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
What breed is Lena?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Labrador retriever.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
You can see here on www.facebook.com/DeepCreekPress. She's a year and a half old and weighs 62 pounds.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She has a bit of a varmity eye. laugh

I love that in a bird dog. They usually have an extra bit of "go" in them. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You've got a beauty of a little lab. Just about perfect in size and birdiness makes her even better. Congratulations!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
She's a beautiful little girl.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
We're feeling pretty good about her. She has an above-average nose for a Lab, and definitely loves to hunt!

She was a started dog (and very well) when we got her a couple months ago, so now we're just refining the training. She hadn't had any whistle training, so have been doing some of that, and now that we know she's REALLY birdy, will be reining her in a little. She'll be good to go when upland season opens in September.

This is the first started dog we've ever gotten, and it's kind of nice. We didn't mind training puppies, but one we got (from a friend) was a real cull. Another was a GREAT hunter, and the best pure retriever I've ever had, but he was supposed to weight 65-70 pounds and instead ended up at 95 pounds or pure muscle. As a result he was a great waterfowl dog, but too big to hunt upland birds during early autumn.

John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK...this begs the question, if the lab is Eileens new dog...whose dog is the Shih Tzu??? whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
You can see here on www.facebook.com/DeepCreekPress. She's a year and a half old and weighs 62 pounds.

Jeesh, sorry I looked. I'm trying to loose weight (I've got 5 deer and 2 pigs in the freezer). All those recipes look awesome.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
She's mostly mine. Sits on my lap while I write in the morning, and when we have a table at a gun show.

Turns out she's totally intrigued with bullets. When we take her inside Sportsman's Warehouse she sniffs out the lower shelf of bullets like there's a box full of dog biscuits SOMEWHERE in there....

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I saw the FB post today and that's a good looking dog!

I almost posted "I'll take it. Please PM payment info", but I wasn't sure if Eileen would appreciate the 24hour Free Classifieds humor. I'm on the hunt for another 4-legged hunting partner...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
AlabamaEd,

MOST of Eileen's recipes aren't fattening. Once in a while one sneaks in there though. Hoppin' John is pretty high-carb, but since we only make it once a year, what the heck....

John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lena looks like she'll be a lot of fun! Didn't know I could view FB without being signed up.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since you own a lab you can now be an honorary member of the MN club. In order to be considered a true hunter / member you have to own at least one smile

I too have a pooch named Lena. ( how could I not living here). Still waiting for the ole. My Lena is a retired German shorthair. She was the best pheasant dog I have had. Shot a lot of birds over her. My lab is 61 lbs. British lab. Not to shabby in her own way.

I like the smaller labs. Easier to throw over the woven wire fences!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK...this begs the question, whose dog Shih Tzu??? whistle

Who did what?

I should work for the press! This creative/ selective reporting could be fun

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep! Plus, when they get older, it's easier to lift 'em into the pickup--especially when their owner is older himself.

I've had Labs since I was 20, and before that mostly hunted with mentors who had 'em. My first was a black dog who weighed around 68 pounds lean and mean, and could hunt hard all day long. As a result Labs are a hard habit to break. Considered other breeds (and have hunted over a bunch) but Labs are hard habit to break, especially for an all-around bird hunter.

This Lena, by the way, was already named when we got her, of course--but her name isn't the Scandanavian Lena. Instead all of her brood had jazz-based AKC names. Her full name is actually Lena Horne.

John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I suppose one day if Lena Horne meets Count Basie you'll be posting in the Classifieds.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 18,564 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,848
Posts18,537,393
Members74,050
Most Online20,344

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.