Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrnBear

SITKA...
Before you start accusing me of being a druggie, you might take the time to read the thread.
I accused Phillip of being a liar and he just admitted to it.
I don't live in Hooper Bay so I'm not to familiar with magic mushrooms. I'm not sure why you commented, or why you picked mushrooms to talk about? Are you familiar with them?

Tough to know whether you are on something or off something you should be on... Either way your powers of rational thought are impaired.

Your self-image is skewed pretty severely if you think anyone cares what you think, especially when you display such goofy logic.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope the Dipshit isn't flying over our homestead as well!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by waterrat
I hope the Dipshit isn't flying over our homestead as well!!

+1 How is this guy passing his medical?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He certainly wouldn't pass a mental exam!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr Brown bear, since you continue to call me a liar, it would be nice to at least know who you are and where you are from, just so we all know you are not just some coward who likes to stir up trouble anonymously, and is not brave enough to do it in person.
Then you might be kind enough to show us exactly where I personally lied ?
If it was someone else who did the lying then I suggest you contact them.
If you can't at least do those three simple tasks then it is obvious who is lying.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nikiski.

Maybe you fellers could meet up.

I'll buy tickets. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I noticed a change of addy.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
BrnBear,

Usually this kind of Campfire schidt happens on New Year's Eve.
Long winter in your world?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He's just up the road from me John. We call them "north roaders".

It's sunny today though, thanks! wink

Winter is projected to return through Mon or Tues, so buckle up! smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
ironbender,

Yeah, winter is due to return to Montana this weekend too!

We have quite a few of his type here too, in fact more and more in recent years. They apparently think a move to rural Montana will leave the social problems they had elsewhere in the rearview.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahh,,,,Nikiski,, that explains it!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow! I haven't been called so many nasty words since junior high school! I'm impressed. Some of you need to read the entire thread before making a comment.
My original comment was "His outfitter has a blatant lie on his site. I would never hunt with a liar."
The lie is "One of the few guides who lives year-round in the Alaskan bush." That my friends is a lie, unless you consider Wien Lake or Circle Hot Springs as "Bush". Phil has admitted that's where he lives in the winter. He considers that as "bush." I don't.
Phillip says whatever his outfitter/agent/salesman says, is not his problem, and he is no responsible for it. I disagree.
This little hurrah is not personal. I've never met Phillip, and I don't remember ever discussing his abilities as a guide.
Phillip:
Of course I won't give my real name on the net. I'm not trying to sell bear hunts so why would I do that? I get enough crap without encouraging it. I may look stupid, but I'm not.
I won't even get into the "homestead" topic.
Except for, When did you homestead your place down there in Becharof, Phillip? You claim you have two more. One at Wien Lake and one at Circle Springs. Are you just using the word "homestead" as a term to describe a place you live? Thanks.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
TJ-

Give it a rest man.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
BrnBear,

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

First, a booking agent is NOT an outfitter. An outfitter is the owner/operator of a hunting business. He buys and maintains the equipment (including tents, lodges, etc.), hires help, and often (like Phil) does some of the guiding.

A booking agent contracts with various outfitters to help sell (book) their hunts. He has nothing to do with buying and maintaining equipment, hiring help, or guiding.

Phil and his wife did live on the Becharoff homestead year-round for a long time. They don't anymore, but just because some booking agent might still believe they do, or failed to change his information because he's too busy or forgetful, doesn't make Phil a liar.

You admit to never meeting Phil, yet claim to know all sorts of things about him and the hunting business. Thus you have publicly demonstrated what a friend of mine calls "aggressive ignorance," a public variation of stupidity.

Your follow-up posts just continue to prove your stupidity. No wonder you don't want anybody here to know your real name.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BrnBear,

I do wish that you would tell us who you are, and if you are a commercial pilot, I'd love to know who you fly for. My work has me chartering fixed/rotary wing aircraft all over the state, and I'd rather not unknowingly hop in a plane with you, as you obviously have "issues". Not sure what what axe you're grinding, or what petty jealousies you hold, and I don't really care. I'd just like to stay out of your aircraft!

You may not think so, but you sound nuttier than squirrell schidt!

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If smeone claims to have been doing something for 45 years and has failed to grasp the basics in said time frame he is either a liar or an idiot...

Or as some say he does not have 45 years of experience, but rather, one year of expeience forty-five times.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BrnBear: You sound like one of those "long-timers" - (long being a relative term put to use to better one's own position or standing when they have little else on which to "be better" than others.) Alright, enough opinions. Let's state some facts.

You are an envious idiot. With that you know that I am an honest person. Therefore I am qualified to make the observation that Phil is a good and decent person, not someone given to deceit, dishonesty, or envy. How do I know this when, like you, I have never met him face to face? It's actually pretty easy. You 'get it' by paying attention. I first learned about Phil through some of his articles in Wolfe publications quite a few years ago. The stuff that people write can give you a good clue about them. Another way to get to know people is through an interactive site like this one. Lots of eyes mean you're going to get called out if you post ridiculous stuff. Have you been paying attention? I think you have to look pretty hard even to find stuff that Phil has posted which embellishes the facts - and I would assume you would know if he did, since you claim to know so much about him.

Lets go back to the very first sentence you posted in this thread as that will probably point you in the right direction:

Do some research on this site about Phillip before you book with him.

And before you make nit-picking suggestions about a person's spelling or grammar, try to clean up your own a bit more:

There is a couple guides...

That would be "are"...

... when your in town ...

That would be "you're"

Dang! I hate to go off topic but this is a good one.
That's a good one Phillip! Running in the Special Olympics, means your retarded!

Did you learn reading comprehension from the MSN?? Quite the way you have with allusions!!!!

My original comment was "His outfitter has a blatant lie on his site. I would never hunt with a liar."
The lie is "One of the few guides who lives year-round in the Alaskan bush." That my friends is a lie, unless you consider Wien Lake or Circle Hot Springs as "Bush". Phil has admitted that's where he lives in the winter. He considers that as "bush." I don't.

Seriously?? Seriously dude, you are getting hung up on "cabin fever" minutia. Clearly there is an apparent envy driven agenda here, or you could use, as another poster suggested, more of something or less of something else.

I may look stupid, but I'm not.

You most certainly do. But with the latter, we can all see through that lie. (Who's the liar now?) Alright, perhaps you're not ignorant anyway.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
If smeone claims to have been doing something for 45 years and has failed to grasp the basics in said time frame he is either a liar or an idiot...

Or as some say he does not have 45 years of experience, but rather, one year of expeience forty-five times.

+1. Well said...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wow! I haven't been called so many nasty words since junior high school! I'm impressed. Some of you need to read the entire thread before making a comment.
Phillip says whatever his outfitter/agent/salesman says, is not his problem, and he is no responsible for it. I disagree.
This little hurrah is not personal. I've never met Phillip, and I don't remember ever discussing his abilities as a guide.
Phillip:
Of course I won't give my real name on the net. I'm not trying to sell bear hunts so why would I do that? I get enough crap without encouraging it. I may look stupid, but I'm not.
I won't even get into the "homestead" topic.
Except for, When did you homestead your place down there in Becharof, Phillip? You claim you have two more. One at Wien Lake and one at Circle Springs. Are you just using the word "homestead" as a term to describe a place you live? Thanks.

Wien lake isn't the "bush"? OK then, carry on..

Somebody needs to put the Coo Coo back in the clock!

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
BrnBear, Wow enough bad AK guides to find fault with, most Alaskan,s know who they are.

Phil is not one of them, he has a great reputation and it is well earned. Kurt

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.