Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Being of limited means, that will put an extreme hardship on me, not to mention thousands of other retirees. Talk about an infringement.

I have long thought that if an unemployed, or retired person living below the federal poverty level brought a suit claiming that charging a fee to own a firearm, prevented him from 2A protections that such a case would be a slam dunk.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noKnees

Being of limited means, that will put an extreme hardship on me, not to mention thousands of other retirees. Talk about an infringement.

I have long thought that if an unemployed, or retired person living below the federal poverty level brought a suit claiming that charging a fee to own a firearm, prevented him from 2A protections that such a case would be a slam dunk.

It seems to work as an argument against voter ID

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
CT and NY aren't the only ones getting screwed. Here in the Demokcatik Republik of Maryland, our legislature just passed a bill equally as draconian. All we need is for our governor, who is a$$hole buddies with all the other players in this nationwide scheme, to sign it into law. It contains the 'usual' ban on assault weapons, hi-cap magazines, etc, but what is equally disturbing is now we'll need to be fingerprinted in order to buy a handgun as well as obtain a handgun license (involving umpteen hours of class and no small amount of fees- total cost in the neighborhood of $300). The red tape will be staggering, not to mention the indignity of being fingerprinted- and guess what- it is all discretionary at the whim of the Stats Polizei, and there isn't even a system in place to administer it, with no plans to set one up quickly. It's retroactive to current handgun owners, no one is 'grandfathered' in.

We staged the largest demonstrations in the state's history protesting the proposed bill, on the steps of the General Assembly building, and flooded the legislature with letters of protest, and filled the visitor's gallery with pro-gun folks who patiently waited long into the night for their chance to publicly decry the bill in assembly. The anti's made a pitifully small showing. It was as if no one spoke out- the legislators voted as if they didn't hear one word said by their constituents.

The urban population of central Maryland where 'gun violence' is a daily occurrence crammed this measure down the throats of the largely rural rest of the state. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

I think that instead of jumping through the bureaucratic hoops needed to keep my pistols, I'll just bag them up along with all my pistol ammo, and go up to a dark street corner in Baltimore and give it all away to the first gang banger I see, free of charge. (After first guaranteeing that he will dutifully take them down to Gestapo- I mean State Police- headquarters and register them, and be fingerprinted, and...)

That last paragraph is exactly the way I feel about it. The only thing the red tape and hoops do is make it hard and expensive for all law abiding citizens to buy a gun, however if you are a wack job and want a gun to rob and murder then just stop in the back alley and buy it out of a car trunk. No red tape and twice as fast. He** you can justify the extra black market cost, your saving $300 in fees. wink

One thing is for certain the government can ban, restrict, register, or what every they want, but those who want a gun will get one. If its a assault rifle or a muzzle loader they will be sold, illegal or legal.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
"The End Is Near" signs use to be a something most people found humorous. But when you really stop and think about what's going on in our country and the absolute "nut case" minority group that is perpetuating all this nonsense, you come to the conclusion that yes, transformation has already taken place and the "end of something is definitely near". I've heard all my life that it's never too late to right a wrong, but time is surely running out. Looks like in the near future all we'll have left is to stand and fight. Remember the Alamo!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hope Colt has an exit strategy

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Colts (or any firearm manufacturers) exit strategy to my understanding is and always was
(The Exit): A circular void at the end of a cylindrical object of varied length
(The Strategy): When required or requested a body would exit through the above
(The Reason): For the requester�s need or requirement

These legal constrictive pains are a curs
We went through this 20 odd years ago and they are still chipping away and the owners are still battling back we win a few legal battles

It was in the late 1990�s that as a UN signatory Country the Govt signed the agreement to disarm the private populous by 2004, we still own but have many more regulations
The only thing that saved us was the introduction of one of the best Firearms Licensing systems in the world in which the law abiding firearms owners had a say

It�s hard work but you have to get presenting the arguments to maintain your rights

One in the hand is better than two in the bush

Graham
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Old quotes, old quotes, where do they get us? Should we bother to ever listen to the voices of our past? Isoroku Yamamoto was a learned man. He was a graduate of the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy and an Alumnus of the U.S. Naval War College and Harvard University. He is credited with 2 WWII quotes about Americans. "I fear all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." and "You cannot invade the mainland United states. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Unfortunately we have paved over almost every blade of grass and the only resolve left is get back to the game. Don't worry about the fingerprinting, it won't be long before we are all chipped, just like my Burnese Mountain Dogs. It will be under the guise of protection and security. If we know where you are, we can protect you. I breathe the same air as LBK. From my cold dead hands will you pry my guns! The only problem is, I work, and don't carry my guns. When I get home and my wife is crying that they came and invaded my home and took all of my guns, I'll have nothing to pry from my hands. Taxes are worse now than when we went to war with the British, and there will never be a revolt, because too many are the recipients of those taxes, and they vote. Another old quote, "United we stand, Divided we fall." We have been divided, Lauren doesn't get it. Take one at a time. First the plastic, high cap. Then 10 rounds, then 5 rounds, then single shot. Well, if it only shoots one bullet, it's really not much use , so you don't need it either, gone. With folks like Lauren we are divided from within. But society in general has divided us more. We must be "Tolerant" of every thing and every one. Multiculturalism is the nice feel good term for tribalism. Every tribe is right and must be respected. That's why we can't win a war in the Middle East. There are tribes that have hated each other for a thousand years, and we are told to tolerate both sides.

This long diatribe comes back to Irosoku Yamamoto. If he attended Harvard now, and was planning war on us, he would say, "forget Hawaii, start in California an hour after the super bowl, and walk across the country. The ones that can get off the couch are so fat and lazy they couldn't hide behind a house much less a blade of grass, and they will gladly hand over their guns for a hot dog and beer. They have no resolve, they have no beliefs, they will do whatever you want as long as you keep them fat and warm." I hope it's not so, but that's the path I see us on, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Old quotes, old quotes, where do they get us? Should we bother to ever listen to the voices of our past? Isoroku Yamamoto was a learned man. He was a graduate of the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy and an Alumnus of the U.S. Naval War College and Harvard University. He is credited with 2 WWII quotes about Americans. "I fear all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." and "You cannot invade the mainland United states. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Unfortunately we have paved over almost every blade of grass and the only resolve left is get back to the game. Don't worry about the fingerprinting, it won't be long before we are all chipped, just like my Burnese Mountain Dogs. It will be under the guise of protection and security. If we know where you are, we can protect you. I breathe the same air as LBK. From my cold dead hands will you pry my guns! The only problem is, I work, and don't carry my guns. When I get home and my wife is crying that they came and invaded my home and took all of my guns, I'll have nothing to pry from my hands. Taxes are worse now than when we went to war with the British, and there will never be a revolt, because too many are the recipients of those taxes, and they vote. Another old quote, "United we stand, Divided we fall." We have been divided, Lauren doesn't get it. Take one at a time. First the plastic, high cap. Then 10 rounds, then 5 rounds, then single shot. Well, if it only shoots one bullet, it's really not much use , so you don't need it either, gone. With folks like Lauren we are divided from within. But society in general has divided us more. We must be "Tolerant" of every thing and every one. Multiculturalism is the nice feel good term for tribalism. Every tribe is right and must be respected. That's why we can't win a war in the Middle East. There are tribes that have hated each other for a thousand years, and we are told to tolerate both sides.

This long diatribe comes back to Irosoku Yamamoto. If he attended Harvard now, and was planning war on us, he would say, "forget Hawaii, start in California an hour after the super bowl, and walk across the country. The ones that can get off the couch are so fat and lazy they couldn't hide behind a house much less a blade of grass, and they will gladly hand over their guns for a hot dog and beer. They have no resolve, they have no beliefs, they will do whatever you want as long as you keep them fat and warm." I hope it's not so, but that's the path I see us on, Joe.

Amen.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

VERY well said. My wife and I have had some very long, very serious conversations about where she will be when/IF they ever come. Ans I'm SERIOUSLY doubting that will happen in MY lifetime. However, NOTHING I own will be TAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not that I'm out to call folks names out of mean heartedness, but I've got to take it to Lauren some more. Lauren made note of the fact that , by law, we have to wear seat belts, and compared that to gun control. That is one of the most assanine statements I have ever heard. If you are comparing "Apples to Oranges" at least you're comparing two fruits. What you are doing is comparing "Apples to Starfish". You have no "RIGHT" to drive a car. Upon reaching the age your state allows you to drive, you are granted the "privilege" to operate a motor vehicle. There by, you must obey the laws set forth to operate said vehicle, or pay the fines. No where in the constitution does it say you have a "RIGHT" to drive. But, right there, second on the list, is your "RIGHT" to keep and bear arms.

That's one of the problems now a days. Most people don't have a clue what's a right and what's a law. Most kids today think "Animals" have rights, they don't, only people have rights. In a humane society we have the "Obligation" to treat animals humanely. We have the ability to enact and enforce laws on those who do not treat them humanely. Thanks, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're shoveling sh*it against the tide. We just can't down the other guy because the gun that he likes isn't your choice. When I left the Navy in 1965 I SWORE I never wanted to see another M-1 or a 45 auto. I had had enough. To this day I don't own anything that resembles a military rifle. BY CHOICE. I LOVE going to the machine gun shoots in northern NH but I wouldn't own one on a bet. There are many that love black and matte as much as we love walnut and blue. That doesn't make them a bad person. You just can't convince some people. Some because they are ignorant and some because they just don't WANT to be convinced. Ignorance can't be fixed by education. The other??????????? Well, you just can't fix stupid. Don't beat yourself up. It's just not worth it. I try to have faith that we as Americans will come up with a way to cure the current problems with a solution that doesn't punish those that have never caused a problem with their firearm of choice.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
LBK I couldn't agree with you more. This law has little effect on the firearms I own by choice but I strongly object on principle. We cannot give up any our our rights lest we lose all. I can buy ammo with my pistol permit but I won't. I can stop in Kittery. Might even get up to NH now that I'm well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Joe, You come here any damn time you want. We have extra beds and if you see something you want we'll make sure you go home with it. You are one of the GREAT ones. I am really happy to hear from you. I know you're a bigger man than most in Connecitcut and your dumb ass politicians will never get the best of you. The Governor of your state should absolutely be ashamed of himself for shielding his political future behind the dead bodies of children slain by an insane person. Good luck, Joe.

Joe. Have I missed something? Have you been sick. Somerville was a shocker. I don't need you to be having problems as well.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Been sick with what started as a head cold and settled in the lungs. With my breathing problems it took four weeks to get over it. Not getting any younger. Watch out for King Malloy. He has eyes on higher office. It will take a Federal court to overturn this law. The voters in this state will reelect these bums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Joe, you know my email addy and I think you have my phone number. Decision time is here. They just may have awakened a sleeping giant. I hope they don't use me to make their example. They may very well be in for the surprise of their life.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
lauren ,you are an idiot.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Lauren think about this. I have relatives that live in New Orleans and they were very happy they had black rifles with thirty round magazines. Civil order had broken down and they had to defend themselves and their property. One day soon, when the Skinny Kenyan's voters can't get their Obama phones, food stamps, SS disability or WIC stuff any more you're going to wish you had a black rifle with a 30 round mag. You may even wish for a mini gun. That's what the second amendment is about.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
An update.

The Connecticutt Citizens Defense league and the NRA are working to file suit against the CT law.

Here is a link to the CCDL anouncement. On the bottom there is a link where you can make a paypal donation if your so inclined.

CCDL Litigation Update
Posted on April 10, 2013

Dear Connecticut Citizens Defense League Members:

Since last night�s meeting, CCDL has joined forces with the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen, the NRA and other gun owner and sportsmen groups that are working together in Connecticut to fund a significant Second Amendment legal challenge to Connecticut�s new firearms law.

Our legal team is assembled, and it includes preeminent Second Amendment and Constitutional lawyers with national reputations, significant trial as well as U.S. Supreme Court experience, and many U.S. Supreme Court victories under their belts.

We want you to know that our legal team is moving swiftly and that it understands the urgency of seeking legal vindication of our rights. That said, it would be unwise to rush to court without fully understanding the law and crafting the strongest legal challenge possible. This takes time, which is the reason why we are not rushing to court to file the lawsuit this week.

Please be aware that other lawsuits may be filed before ours in the coming days by individuals and groups who have gone in a different direction. These lawsuits are not part of our legal effort and, in some cases despite best intentions, may actually be harmful to members� interests by creating unfavorable legal precedents.

We are calling on all members to contribute financially to the legal challenge that we are mounting.
Checks should be directed to CCDL at P.O. Box 642, Groton, Connecticut 06340.
You can also visit our webpage http://www.ccdl.us and donate through our Paypal link.
We will be back in touch with you soon to let you know of other ways in which you can be helpful.

Thank you for your contributions!

CCDL, Inc.
Carry On!

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,817
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.