Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have sent an e-mail to both of my Senators, Sen. Saxby Chambliss and Sen. Johnny Isakson, asking them to explain to me why they voted in favor of S-649. I specifically requested a reply. I can't wait to see what it is.

Harry

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep, vote every one of the bastids out of office that voted for the bill.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These folks did not vote for the Gun Legislation bill. They voted to start the debate on the bill.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I can't believe that two Republicans from Tennessee voted for it!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by heavywalker
They do that every day, what is different here is that it is about guns. I still think they are all idiots, and many of them should be ran out of town on a rail for other things they have done. Hell I think we should replace the entire lot of them regardless, but the ones that vote for this in its final form are the ones to be leery of.

Do you think it is a good or bad thing to make the Dems put their careers on the line and vote for the bill?
I'd prefer the bill die an early death, I don't care about the politics behind it, I care about my constitutional rights.

You and I both, but I am not going to start panicking about a procedural vote on something, I am all for NO new gun control, not giving an inch etc... but the sky isn't falling just yet.

Are we really saying that because of these senators procedural vote on this, regardless of their final vote on the bill that they are anti gun and need to be removed, their many other shortcomings excluded.

IC B2

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is bullshitt.

In 2010 15,000 felons tried to buy a weapon and were turned down.Eric Holder the New Black Panther racist pig,filed charges against 44 of these law breakers.

Enforce the laws in existence and stop trying to convince the public that crime is a result of fewer laws.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
BREAKING: Senate Gun Control Bill Moves to the Floor

Posted on April 11, 2013 by Dan Zimmerman
TTAG

Harry Reid�s gun control bill has been voted through to the Senate floor for debate and amendment. �Senate Heads Off Filibuster on Gun Bill� trumpets usatoday.com. Shockingly, that isn�t really the whole story. As Jennifer Rubin at WaPo reported, there was never much chance of a filibuster at this point in the process. WTF? What happened to Rand Paul and his 13 buddies? Easy there, big fella. The Republicans let the bill move to the floor because they�d like nothing better than to get the five red state Dems (Baucus, Begich, Hagan, Landrieu and Pryor) whose terms are up in 2014 on record when it comes time to vote for amendments like DiFi�s assault weapons ban and the Manchin/Toomey background check compromise. Pour yourself a cold frosty and pop some corn. Now it gets interesting.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RISJR
BREAKING: Senate Gun Control Bill Moves to the Floor

Posted on April 11, 2013 by Dan Zimmerman
TTAG

Harry Reid�s gun control bill has been voted through to the Senate floor for debate and amendment. �Senate Heads Off Filibuster on Gun Bill� trumpets usatoday.com. Shockingly, that isn�t really the whole story. As Jennifer Rubin at WaPo reported, there was never much chance of a filibuster at this point in the process. WTF? What happened to Rand Paul and his 13 buddies? Easy there, big fella. The Republicans let the bill move to the floor because they�d like nothing better than to get the five red state Dems (Baucus, Begich, Hagan, Landrieu and Pryor) whose terms are up in 2014 on record when it comes time to vote for amendments like DiFi�s assault weapons ban and the Manchin/Toomey background check compromise. Pour yourself a cold frosty and pop some corn. Now it gets interesting.

You mean the sky isn't falling because of a procedural vote, geez who knew?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ford8n
It hit me as soon as hit Submit. I find here lately that I have quite a few Dumbazz moments. smile

That is why you can edit and delete your posts.

[Linked Image from ]
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
RISJR is exactly correct. Need the Real threats exposed before 2014. If the REAL threats are not exposed, repubs or dems, then we could face a world of hurt.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Punk-ass coburns got to go, and that pricks a Republican too. mad mad mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got to vote them out.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
F'kin A. mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Dems have one issue voters. All the Gays, Enviro wackos, Abortionist, PETA and every other screwy group all vote liberal. Gun rights needs to be a stand alone issue also. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Glad to see no Florida on the list.
Surprised to see Ayotte tho, she's supposed to be Tea Party

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

TMC NEWS
TMCNET eNEWSLETTER SIGNUP
SUBMIT
[April 11, 2013]

Dr. Coburn's Statement on Manchin-Toomey Proposal
digg

Apr 11, 2013 (Congressional Documents and Publications/ContentWorks via COMTEX) -- (WASHINGTON, D.C.) - U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) released the following statement today regarding a proposal by Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) to expand background checks for gun purchases: "The Manchin-Toomey proposal is a good faith but unworkable plan. The proposal will impose new taxes and unreasonable burdens on law-abiding citizens. The agreement also prioritizes collecting records over protecting citizens. As gun control special interest groups admit, the proposal expands the government's powers to record sales of firearms at the expense of expanding the scope of background checks. This is the wrong approach. Preventing sales to dangerous persons, not collecting receipts, will save lives.

"The proposal also unwisely expands the government's power to regulate and control the sales of firearms. A government takeover of gun shows will open more loopholes than it closes. Instead of paying a gun show tax, gun owners will simply handle those transactions elsewhere. The Manchin-Toomey proposal, unfortunately, trades a workable way to improve access the NICS database for a system that is not workable and will be extremely difficult to pass Congress and become law.

"I entered these talks because I believe the American people want a common sense policy that respects their Second Amendment rights and freedoms while giving them the tools they need to make sure they aren't transferring a firearm to someone who will be a threat to themselves or others. I intend to offer a substitute amendment based on many previously agreed to bipartisan reforms gun control advocates abandoned. For instance, I'll propose a consumer portal that would facilitate access to the NICS database at not just gun shows but for virtually all private sales. While the Manchin-Toomey proposal is flawed, I commend them for their effort and look forward to the full and open debate the American people deserve." Read this original document at: http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) � U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) released the following statement today regarding his vote to begin debate on S. 649:

�Today�s vote was an opportunity for senators to do what they were elected to do and begin debate on a critical issue in our country. Today�s vote was simply a vote to begin debate and not an endorsement of the current bill. I will not support ending debate and moving to final passage of any bill that compromises the Second Amendment rights or the privacy of law abiding citizens.

�I look forward to offering multiple amendments in the coming days, including an amendment to replace the unworkable Manchin-Toomey with a proposal that will protect Americans� Second Amendment rights while giving law abiding citizens the tools they need to make sure they aren�t transferring a firearm to someone who will be a threat to themselves or others. I also intend to offer or support amendments to protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans and Americans who have concealed carry permits, among other issues. Today�s vote enables me to offer those amendments, and help give the American people the debate they deserve.�

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Calm down. All they voted for was to debate the matter. Look at the big picture: if you have the winning argument on an issue, how does it look if you are even afraid to debate it? Got to think strategically. Sometimes you give on the small issues (such as whether to even have a debate) to you can win in the big game.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Our deadbeat Kirk has flopped to the other side since his stroke...

One of the new guys....
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The real danger here is that Speaker Bohner has stated that regular house order will not be followed. It roughly means that a majority will not be required to floor the gun control bill from the Senate. THIS THING COULD PASS THE HOUSE. Politcal cowardice and the need for self preservation may make these guys turn over.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.