Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 229 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 228 229
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick

Stick got me to make monkey sounds and fondle a jug once. [Linked Image]

Now dats [bleep] hilarious

Gets me thinkin, maybe I need a G15(or 12)....tho guess I better learn to shoot this SX30IS first grin

Yep you should

Blue Angeles 1.75 miles, 3000 ft, 450 MPH, picture at full size is mucho better

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One of 3 junk antler piles

[Linked Image]

Buck, 190 lbs. field dressed

[img]http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/swifty56/DSCN0637copy_zps8e52e6c8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/swifty56/DSCN0638copy_zpsb29e3bce.jpg[/img]

Shot with this at 60 yrds. 41 Mag bought new in 73

[img]http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/swifty56/IMG_1246copy_zps3b912e9a.jpg[/img]

Now Sticklet GFY, and I don't mean that favorably. LMAO

Swifty
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Very nice pics; looks like you got your own piece of heaven there! Beautiful!

Sweet sidearm as well; I have a similar one of my own:

[Linked Image]

though it certainly doesn't have the amount of blood on it that yours does... YET smile !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Eddy,

Were a fair to middlin' day Thursday. Yesterday's weather was tougher,due yet another infamous Kansas Heat Wave. One of many reasons which makes Kansas such an honestly revealing Test Bed for all Riggin'.(grin)

Pre-daybreak '12 fill flash.

[Linked Image]

Getting on step.

[Linked Image]

Hookie Days never ain't not rewarding,in more than a coupla few ways.(grin)

Swifty,

Oh I prolly have a few Outdoors Duds and rest assured...that your insecurities in that regard,is as equally wellfounded as the incredibly long list of all the other things beyond your faculties and means. Laffin'!

KILLER pics...you really ROCK the Canon P&S! (1) of 'em was almost in focus even,which is simply sensational! Really enjoyed the mud puddles and am on Pins & Needles for you to quantify just how many acres you "get" to roam,in order to bask in "results" like that and all the inherent "satisfactions" associated with same?!!? You might wanna clarify,if you's bitching or bragging? Laffin'!

You sure are Stealthy. Laffin'!

G-11 shot,if only to corroborate just how [bleep] "incredible" your "best" is.

[Linked Image]

A few G-12 pokes from today,as I schlepped along the fence line,surrounding The Milford.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's to your Imagination and to just how badly you need it. As an aside,you'll always wanna start by [bleep] yourself,simply because you'll get more poozy in that approach. Laffin'!

Please keep quantifying your vast "experience",sharing your incredible "knowledge" and setting the bar with your uncanny "results"...because Sugar Titts,schit simply don't get ANY [bleep] funnier than THAT. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Jeff-O,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please and as per always...I'd be more than a WHOLE [bleep] bunch suplized,if I were the only one looking forward to the humor of your "knowledge","experience" and "results". Laffin'!

Your haste to schlep Dumbphucktitude to places it's never been before,is never not THE most reliable recipe for consummate oblivious hilarity. Cain't wait for yet another of your Vagina Monologue Tutorials,which touch upon all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

Getcha' some...it'll be a [bleep] riot! In fairness,500 more 105HPBT Hornie's hit the doorstep today,along with a new knife. I'd pay good money,to set back and watch you try to open either one. Laffin'!

Wow +P++.

'hick,

Ain't it an intellesting Dichotomy,I only make sense...to them who have same?!!?(grin)

I can only lead the dumb [bleep] to water,but it never don't not crack me up,to watch 'em stand lock-logged and refuse the refreshment.

Hell...they'll even go so far as to Imagine to have a Pretend Ignore.(grin)

WSM,

Please don't slight yourself...your "Life" is farrrrrr more [bleep] pathetic,than your 17 IQ points can correlate through your tinfoil hat. Laffin'.

Please feel free to get me knowed up on OEM 1-14" SAAMI 22-250 spouts and the particulars surrounding the "performance" of same,as it'd be all new to me. Laffin'. Knock 'er outta da Park,muse some load particulars,hang a pic of that Grizzly gun and perhaps denote how you correlate POA/POI...if only because it'll be funnier than [bleep]!

Cheer up,the Jolly Rogers have killed more schit than SmallPox,though I'm of course sandbaggin' more than a whole [bleep] more,than a [bleep] whole bunch.

Cracks me the [bleep] up,that you've zero inkling as to what an incredible Dumbphuck you are.

Congratulations?!!?

Wyo',

.366 BC's outta a shortened H&H necked to 30.,is admittedly hilarious schit! Appreciate your humor,in repeating that sorta humor.(grin)

I hear good things about the elder B&L's and just mighta gunned a 2.5-10x on a 378Wby,for more than a coupla few Moons...or so the rumors go.

You are a mean bastard,for baiting poor [bleep] stupid WSM in such a manner.(grin)

Eddy,

If you steal Jeff-O's Imagination...she'll have nothing left and that'd be mean.(grin)

Rick,

You enabler.(grin)

dube',

I'm with ya'.(grin)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/HeadGoo03.jpg[/img]

Seven in 7 ShamWow...and I prolly should upload the video again.

SLM,

I'm a slow learner,please take it easy on me or I will have to Imagine to Pretend having you on Ignore. Laffin'!

The Milford blew up today,given the Heat Wave.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0697.jpg[/img]

hopley,

If [bleep] STUPID is "cool" in your book,you's "right" about the Bob. Which action you gunning your's upon and which boolits is you liking best? Imagine what you must and Pretend the rest.

Hold the fluff and pass the good stuff.

Hint.

archie,

It's a blend of my favorite mainstay colors,though I was outta McFoam "white" and woulda had some in the fray,if I were not. Rolled alotta Yarnies today,as well as rattled a plethora of jigs(Mark's and mine)...but decided I wanted some Double-Beaded Flashabou Slider/Trailer pics,so focused in accordance. Couple/few puns be intended.

Pretty much hate Gammie's anymore,as I've suffered too many schit lots,that were both soft and duller than Church. But whistled a few hasty Presentations,slumming same,if only to perpetually [bleep] schit in the firsthand.(grin) Size #1 Gammie,15# Chameleon leader,10/10 egg loop snell and a Grapel/brassabou melding to the double barreled slider. Dances nicely with reflection,the few times th sun comes out here on The Milford. Could argue a leetle McFoam pink skirt in the fray,to hold teeth a CH longer,when the water is really smokin'...but this is straight up Tinsel Town in both colors. Nothin' special,35" and some change,though she had shoulders.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0683.jpg[/img]

Mark's schit has no peer and it'll make you HATE everything else.

BT/DT got all the T-shirts.(grin)

efw,

You forgot to "congratulate" her,for center-punching Tarsals and makin' sure that it has hung in accordance,so they'd "season" the works. Laffin'!

Now mebbe Jeff-O can wax eloquent on how to take care of Game in the sweltering sun,so this incredibly [bleep] hilarious showcase of clueless dumbphucks...climbs yet another rung.

My fingers is crossed in anticipation.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gravestone
Nice pics Boxer !!

Tell him he's awesome. He loves it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I never could get into Gammies, especially at their price-point. I pretty much use Ravens now exclusively. Gamakatsu, Mustad, etc never really wow'ed me with their strength. These Ravens are beefy, sharp and plentiful. I tend to use Seagar AbrazX Flouro for my leaders, and pre-tie them now after seeing how much easier life is using a Braid mainline/pre-snelled leader setup. The only thing i regret about ordering from Mark, is that I know I'm gonna order more laugh .

SuperCub- You still got that .270 WSM SPS old man??

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
SuperCub- You still got that .270 WSM SPS old man??

Some old coot in BC got it. wink

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Boxer you are one fun Troll I tell you. I normally do not feed trolls but I am making an exception with you. Decided to snap some pics today at the range with my sophisticated iphone for your enjoyment. You are always talking about golf carts so I thought I would grab a pic of our range cart. Maybe a pic of the range from behind the shooting bench so I can show my chronograph. Only a PACT but made in the USA at least! Then I figure a pic of that plain ole 1-14 twist 22-250 might be fun and last but not least a pic of the latest loads tested. Only 3 shot groups at each half grain interval. Like to do 5 but only had a partial box of these bullets. Now I know these dime sized groups are nothing compared to what the Jolly Rogers can do but I spent probably Thousands less on this rig. Hell I don't even get anal with my reloading. Makes you wonder what a man of my ability could do with REAL equipment don't it. You keep bragging about all your expensive toys. You earned the right as you are the one working for them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Great shooting WSM! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks Elkhunternm,
Conditions were great today. Usually the club is pretty windy but today just a slight breeze. Roughly 300 fps difference between starting load and max load. I know I pulled the last shot on the max loads group but I think I will do more testing on the 38.5 grain load as it's POI is the same as my 45 grain Sierra load.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I do most of my shooting early in the morning's BEFORE the wind picks up. Right now it's blowing at 25 mph. frown Also I just drive 3 miles to shoot,not at a range,but more like a gravel pit sort of.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
It is only 4 miles to the club for me I can't complain.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Cooper M 22 Phoenix .22-250 with a Leupold 3.5x-10x
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Numbers, numbers, numbers, Boxer wants to see numbers!
How about numbers for the .243 compared to the 25-06.
Lets use Taylor's Knockout Index to compare the two.
Noslers #6 Loading guide and the Nosler Partition for the bullet.
I will round down the highest velocity shown regardless of powder.

Load #1 .243 Winchester
100 grain Partition
3100 FPS
Energy 2133
Relative Momentum 44
TKO 10

Load #2 25-06
100 grain Partition
3300 FPS
Energy 2417
Relative Momentum 47
TKO 12

Load #3 25-06
120 grain Partition
3100 FPS
Energy 2560
Relative Momentum 53
TKO 13

As you can see by the numbers the heavier bullet of the 25-06 raises momentum and TKO. But wait! What about my choice the .260 Remington.

Load #4
140 grain Partition
2800 FPS
Energy 2436
Relative Momentum 56
TKO 14

So what does this mean? Not much on those deer and antelopes. Pick one you like and learn the drop tables and kill deer.
Mathematics don't kill critters. The only reason we have so many choices is because we are human and feel the need to have choices.

Last edited by WSM_Shooter; 04/14/13. Reason: Forgot a number
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
WSM, what powder are you shooting in the .22-250??? I have tried some of the 40 grain Nosler BTBT and Vmax, but usually shoot the 45's in my Hornet or old .222..Nice range...

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Nice rifle there. Couple guys from the club have Coopers. I should break down and buy something top end for once. I have friends that have McMillians, Christianson Arms, and a plethora of custom guns. Problem is if I ever do buy a top end gun it will probably be a flintlock. I have built several but my skills are far and away from that of the master builders I know.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
WyoCoyoteHunter,
I am using CFE223 in my 22-250 So far I am very happy with how well it is keeping copper fouling down.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Some more numbers for the OP's question on rifles. Point blank range for the above listed loads.

.243 with 100 grain Partition 293 yards.
25-06 with 100 grain Partition 306 yards.
25-06 with 120 grain Partition 295 yards.
.260 with 140 grain Partition 271 yards.

This is for a 6 inch kill zone.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
Nice rifle there. Couple guys from the club have Coopers. I should break down and buy something top end for once. I have friends that have McMillians, Christianson Arms, and a plethora of custom guns. Problem is if I ever do buy a top end gun it will probably be a flintlock. I have built several but my skills are far and away from that of the master builders I know.
Thanks WSM here is another rifle for you to look at.
[Linked Image]
Dakota M 76 7mm Dakota

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
Numbers, numbers, numbers, Boxer wants to see numbers!
How about numbers for the .243 compared to the 25-06.
Lets use Taylor's Knockout Index to compare the two.
Noslers #6 Loading guide and the Nosler Partition for the bullet.
I will round down the highest velocity shown regardless of powder.

Load #1 .243 Winchester
100 grain Partition
3100 FPS
Energy 2133
Relative Momentum 44
TKO 10

Load #2 25-06
100 grain Partition
3300 FPS
Energy 2417
Relative Momentum 47
TKO 12

Load #3 25-06
120 grain Partition
3100 FPS
Energy 2560
Relative Momentum 53
TKO 13

As you can see by the numbers the heavier bullet of the 25-06 raises momentum and TKO. But wait! What about my choice the .260 Remington.

Load #4
140 grain Partition
2800 FPS
Energy 2436
Relative Momentum 56
TKO 14

So what does this mean? Not much on those deer and antelopes. Pick one you like and learn the drop tables and kill deer.
Mathematics don't kill critters. The only reason we have so many choices is because we are human and feel the need to have choices.

I admit that I have lots to learn about this shootin' game so could you sorta explain just what those energy, relative momentum, and TKO do for us that like to shoot.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While your generating NUMBERS run us some with the 105 A-max and some 115 D-Tacs. Your last comparisons is like comparing being clubbed in the head with a baseball bat versus a claw hammer because I would not slum either for longrange.

Page 35 of 229 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.