Hop To
Page 38 of 229 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 228 229
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Larry...you got to stop!! Nerf Ping Pong Ball BC's is the funnest I've heard. Stop it!! "Laffin"

Tell him he's hilarious. He loves that almost as much as if you told him he's awesome.

Boxer/Big Stick is who he is. And this is what it is...an internet forum. I try not to let my ego get the best of me, and I try to check myself when my skin wears a little thin.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
Gee',

Your "best" is funnier than [bleep],even for a sorry [bleep] Texan! That is some hilariously funny schit and nice job to include the fences. Laffin'!

Really must be sumptin',to have a whopping 50,000 acres to Golf Cart around on. Hell....that's about 1000x the area of The Milford. Laffin'.

The KS schit is hilarious too. Not much funnier than a 300 H&H,in any wrapper.

Back at ya�
�In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of ev'ry glove that layed him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame�
Mrs. Robinson, Simon and Garfunkel

Here�s to you B/BS/L.
and
Here is a story and pix for entertainment��..

Went to my hill country hunting lease last Thursday. (AKA my �Texas Hill Country Petting Zoo)

[Linked Image]
Hill country view and a hoglet I got to pet at 180 yds. with my 300 H&H and 180 gr. TSX�s

[Linked Image]
Remington 700 KS, 300 H&H and cactus.

It�s spring turkey season here and its always open season on hogs. I hadn�t been there since late February, so I was ready to hunt. Got out Thursday afternoon. Took a couple calls and my Foxpro FX3 caller. Carried my Sako Riihimaki in 222 Remington . I�ve loaded it with 45gr. Barnes TSX�s. Good for both turkey and hoglets should I see any. We only have three water sources on the particular pasture I hunt. Turkey and dove usually hit this in the evening before they go to roost. Got to the water trough at the�Y� and sure enough about 200 yds. south of me, a line of hens was heading down one trail and a line of toms was heading down another. I jumped off my four wheeler, got my rifle and fx3 caller. I tried calling for a few minutes. The toms would gobble but didn�t stop. So what the heck, they won�t come to me , I�ll go to them. I keep the caller playing �excited hen yelps and start stalking them. Followed about 300 yds. through juniper and brush. The toms had stopped in a clearing just before the serious woods start and were strutting. I was inside a copse of juniper so they did not see me but could here the hen yelping on the caller. I braced on a low lying juniper branch and nailed one. They started moving and I nailed a second. Then they took off flying. Not bad, one hour in and and already had the opportunity to �pet two at the zoo�. I forecast chicken fried turkey fingers and jerky in the near future���..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As I mentioned earlier, I also got to reach out and pet two hill country hoglets while at the �zoo�

[Linked Image]

Got this one at the �canopy� early Friday morning @ 180 yds.

Got this one at the �Cliffs� late Saturday evening. I was surprised to get him. I had missed the best javelina I�ve ever seen in my hunting career about an hour earlier. I scrambled down the rock face and looked for blood until it was getting near dark thirty. I climbed back up to my perch and was getting ready to pack up when I spied this eating size boar. Nailed him @ 168 yds.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0376_zpsbf4412f2.jpg[/img]

Life is good at the "Zoo".

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/IMG_0285_zps7db7148d.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8094.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Larry...you got to stop!! Nerf Ping Pong Ball BC's is the funnest I've heard. Stop it!! "Laffin"

Tell him he's hilarious. He loves that almost as much as if you told him he's awesome.

Boxer has the least class and dignity of any poster I've ever seen on The 'Fire. On any sensible talk forum he'd long have been permanently banned. If his kind wasn't offset here by standup guys like Mule Deer and BobinNH I think I'd leave the 'Fire altogether. The real shame is he seems to have a fan club.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GeeW glad the targets were cooperative especially the piggies. smile
You got a big smoker? Nothing like smoked pig. I built one for doing whole pigs 20 years ago. I have smoked pigs for weddings, huge parties etc. I had people convinced that wild pig is better than domestic.
They are a pain to kill on a deadline. I never missed not getting one for a party but it was close a few times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MM i see you disagree with his delivery? Can you ever say he gave incorrect information? I know he hurts some feelers, but I would rather get my feelings hurt and get correct info than spend a bunch of money on bad info and have someone coddle me. Just my opinion there, some peoples feelers are more important to them.

IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I just wish he would learn bluritude. I'm getting tired of trying to teach him.

Looks like a good time gee'.

Last edited by SLM; 04/15/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM

I have a natural aptitude for taking blurry photos. Yall are going to get me onto this photography wagon. I really suck at it and hate sucking at anything. I think I need a better camera. I have enough frequent flyer miles to get any camera from deltas skymiles wares. Anyone know if they have anything wort a darn?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The technical term for his fan club is "Groupies"....

and they even have a Schtick Emergency Response Team, where they will stand up for their Guru's "honor" ( if you can call it that)
since he is only allowed to post once a day...

and they justify all of his shenanigans, with how helpful he can be, and tell ya you're a fool if you can't read between all the insults to get Schtick's 'wisdom'...

well, with their complaining, I have stayed off this thread for a week...not posting, just reading..

and I invite any forum member to show where Schtick has had ONE piece of information that would help another forum member when a question has been asked...

all I have seen is him telling everyone what dumbassses they are... and then standing on his stump and pictorially trying to brag how much better he is than everyone else on the planet....

screw him and the stump he road in on...

and guys like to tell me how much of an idiot I look like, pointing out how much an idiot there hero is...

Scthick and his groupies, sure can dish it out.. but heaven forbid someone throw it right back at him... kinda reminds you of what democrats and liberals pull...

I can rattle the squirts cage and then 5 of his groupies will come on and flame me, but then tell me how I am the fish on the line, instead of them...and Schmuck...

guess it is a manly circle jerk sort of love affair.. that's about all I can figure out...

now watch them each show up and throw their 2 cents on this post here...

and I gotta highlight "TX Native".. he's had 54 posts in the last year...11 are in the classifieds...15 of his posts (over 25 %) have been targeting a post I made toward Schtick... yet he claims not to be a Schtick groupie...

it isn't another person, It is just clearly Schtick with a back up alias...

but hey, it is these idiots that make rattling his cage so much fun...who is stupider? a dumbasss or the people that follow him and hold onto every word he says and makes excuses for him over and over??

now I'll take a break and watch for his Emergency Response Team to spring into action.. per usual... I'll check back in, in a couple of hours and see what fish we have in the net...

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by SLM

I have a natural aptitude for taking blurry photos. Yall are going to get me onto this photography wagon. I really suck at it and hate sucking at anything. I think I need a better camera. I have enough frequent flyer miles to get any camera from deltas skymiles wares. Anyone know if they have anything wort a darn?

I have worked on bluritude for a couple years now. I picked it up really fast.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
geedubya, nice photos of some beautiful country..Tx. is a hunters paradise...used to hunt there quite a bit before I retired, but haven't made it down in years..maybe this winter or next spring..Nice shooting on those gobblers..we are due to head out next week for turkey hunting..but SNOW is keeping us out of the hills right now...no hogs here though..question..for eating what is the best time of year to kill some hogs for smoking and chops??? Or are they pretty good all year?? Liked that .300 H & H, and the old .222 is one of my favorite gobbler guns..but this year will probably use my old .22-250 as we are heading to Montana after the turkey hunt..Keep up the hunts and photos...

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could get this one for basically free. Any good?
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=204836569&c=10280

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, I agree on his behaviour and have no interest in reading his diatribes, but, the banning can become more of a problem than the person(s) who are banned, as witness what one guy in particular has done to wreck AR. There are a couple of other sites I can think of where the zealous and highly subjective egotism of largely illiterate "moderators" has ruined a once useful site and so, all in all, I much prefer Rick's approach to this entire question.

Best advice I can offer, poor old loser that I apparently am, is to do as I do and just ignore him while enjoying the vast majority of others here, who are genuinely good guys.

I have found, on the "Fire", that sometimes guys, me included, will get irate and a good brawl erupts and then, some time later, we are friends again and helping each other with finding gun parts, advice on BC hunting and all sorts of stuff....it is, after all, only the internet,it ain't like having your old lady find out what you REALLY paid for that pristine P-64 .338WM......... wink

[/quote] Boxer has the least class and dignity of any poster I've ever seen on The 'Fire. On any sensible talk forum he'd long have been permanently banned. If his kind wasn't offset here by standup guys like Mule Deer and BobinNH I think I'd leave the 'Fire altogether. The real shame is he seems to have a fan club.[/quote] From Moosemike

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I could get this one for basically free. Any good?
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=204836569&c=10280

If your asking me, your asking the wrong guy... I have a little point and shoot that I'm trying to figure out grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

and they even have a Schtick Emergency Response Team, where they will stand up for their Guru's "honor" ( if you can call it that)

and they justify all of his shenanigans, with how helpful he can be, and tell ya you're a fool if you can't read between all the insults to get Schtick's 'wisdom'...

well, with their complaining, I have stayed off this thread for a week...not posting, just reading..

and I invite any forum member to show where Schtick has had ONE piece of information that would help another forum member when a question has been asked...

all I have seen is him telling everyone what dumbassses they are... and then standing on his stump and pictorially trying to brag how much better he is than everyone else on the planet....

and guys like to tell me how much of an idiot I look like, pointing out how much an idiot there hero is...

Scthick and his groupies, sure can dish it out.. but heaven forbid someone throw it right back at him... kinda reminds you of what democrats and liberals pull...

I can rattle the squirts cage and then 5 of his groupies will come on and flame me, but then tell me how I am the fish on the line, instead of them...and Schmuck...

guess it is a manly circle jerk sort of love affair.. that's about all I can figure out...

and I gotta highlight "TX Native".. he's had 54 posts in the last year...11 are in the classifieds...15 of his posts (over 25 %) have been targeting a post I made toward Schtick... yet he claims not to be a Schtick groupie...

but hey, it is these idiots that make rattling his cage so much fun...who is stupider? a dumbasss or the people that follow him and hold onto every word he says and makes excuses for him over and over??

now I'll take a break and watch for his Emergency Response Team to spring into action.. per usual... I'll check back in, in a couple of hours and see what fish we have in the net...

You have read basically the following statements from me.
1. Stick is correct on the 25/06 v. .243.
2. Stick takes great photos.
3. People are silly for getting worked up on the internet by abrasive personalities, even myself when it happens.
4. Correct information even if abrasive is better than incorrect BS given in a friendly manner.

You disagree with any of those statements?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Turkey season is fast approaching here in PA. No rifles in my part of the state so you better be able to call them close. They get call shy fast because so many people like to start working them a month before season. I stopped hunting them about 8-10 years ago because there was so many folks in the woods you were tripping over them. Have half a mind to give it a try this year though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

You have read basically the following statements from me.
1. Stick is correct on the 25/06 v. .243.
2. Stick takes great photos.
3. People are silly for getting worked up on the internet by abrasive personalities, even myself when it happens.
4. Correct information even if abrasive is better than incorrect BS given in a friendly manner.

You disagree with any of those statements?
God Bless you Eddy.

I'm sending you a box of metal on Friday.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
WSM, tried hunting your area for spring gobblers while visiting my step daughter..crazy..I much prefer the west or Tx..we also used to hunt W. Va. it was fun, but the influx of people from the big cities buying up land ruined the turkey and deer hunting in just a few years..It had some of the finest deer hunting I ever saw..No woppers but many, many whitetails..and lots of gobblers and small game..nothing now..Sad how the greed of land developers can ruin a state in a few years..

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Seafire,

If someone gets under your skin, tell them where to get off, or just ignore them.

Do you need validation?

There are members here whose post/replies I just skip over. No need to name them, argue with them, respond to them, or call them out.

I came over from the old "Shooters" forum. A lot of good people have left since I've been here. I'm not telling you to leave, but you'll have to choose for yourself how to sort the fire out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Send it on Tanner. I will get a number from you when it gets here so I can make sure I get it just the way you want it. I will try and turn it around in about two days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kutenay
Best advice I can offer, poor old loser that I apparently am, is to do as I do and just ignore him while enjoying the vast majority of others here, who are genuinely good guys.

Ignore him!? ..... Man, I come here to play with him. He's kinda like the little lap dog who won't stop chasing the ball. Thinks he's bigger than he really is.

Laffin'

Page 38 of 229 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 21, 51 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.