Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 229 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 228 229
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seafire: I have no dog in this hunt, or rather, no passenger in this train wreck. It is entertaining to read every now and again.

I've got an observation for you though: when you start counting up other guys' posts to see what percentages they post on which subjects, everything you've said about not giving a sh** goes right out the window.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
jeez, Smoke. He's going to celebrate your response and accuse you of being a groupie.....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
no hogs here though..question..for eating what is the best time of year to kill some hogs for smoking and chops??? Or are they pretty good all year?? Liked that .300 H & H, and the old .222 is one of my favorite gobbler guns..but this year will probably use my old .22-250 as we are heading to Montana after the turkey hunt..Keep up the hunts and photos...

Sir,

What's the old saying,
I suffer from a sexually transmitted disease that is ultimately fatal, it's called life........

Well,
I tell folks I also am afflicted with SDD (Shooting Deficit Disorder). It seems to be incurable. Going to the range once a week only mitigates the symptoms. Killing stuff helps immensely but as you know, like a junkie, one always needs another fix.

As to keep hunting. I've put in my request with the man upstairs to let me die in the deer stand. I've told my bud's, that when they find me they have strict orders to roll me out and let the hogs recycle me. Lord knows that would be good karma, considering how many of them I've killed and eaten.
So not much chance I'l stop hunting.............

Hogs,

The oldtimers used to say no to shoot hogs until after the first frost. I've never subscribed to that. I kill them all year long. Biggest problem is that when its 115 degrees out they are nowhere to be seen during daylight hours. May catch them 30 minutes before or after it's too dark to see without the aid of a light or night vision. I will either skin them out or just take the backstraps (loins) and hindquarters. I take two 200 quart ice chests and have the meat on ice within two hours of the time I shot the animal. I usually let even pork wet age for 4 to six days.

222 Rem.

The 222 Rem. is one of my favorite small calibers and one of my true luv's. I've had several but my current favorite is this circa 1954 Sako Riihimaki. It is a sweet shooter and balances perfectly.

[Linked Image]
100 yds. Pearland Shooting Club, off the bench.

When shooting groups during load development 3 or 5 shot groups is the norm. However, for hunting, I'm most interested in the POI, first shot out of a cold barrel.
Like I said. I luv this little Sako.

[Linked Image]

Two Twenty Two and 45 gr. TSX's = Turkey

300 H&H

I can't count the number of 308's I've owned.
303 Savage, 30-06, 300 Win 300 Rum. This is the first 30 cal. H&H I've owned. Now that Nosler is coming out with the 190 gr. long range accubonds I think I'll develop a load for that.
I like shooting stuff with MV's about 2,800 fps. in order to limit meat damage (most of the critters I shoot are 200 lbs. and under.)
I'm loading the 300 H&H with 180's @ 2,900 fps. or so. I use it when I'm going to poke something around 200 yds. or so.
[Linked Image]

Gook luck on your hunt. I'd love to go back to Montana again. Maybe so in the future. Post pix of your hunt/trip. I for one would love to see them.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
geedubya,
Good to see you back safe from the lease. As always good to hear the stories of the hunt.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Seafire

and I invite any forum member to show where Schtick has had ONE piece of information that would help another forum member when a question has been asked...

Im sorry Seafire, but thats the most incorrect statement of the century.

PS- Also found out today A514 (T1) plate doesnt like .375 RUMs...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by archie_james_c; 04/15/13.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Send it on Tanner. I will get a number from you when it gets here so I can make sure I get it just the way you want it. I will try and turn it around in about two days.
Right on, looking forward to it. I don't need it in any hurry, still got exactly 1 month left of schoolin'....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Seafire: I have no dog in this hunt, or rather, no passenger in this train wreck. It is entertaining to read every now and again.

I've got an observation for you though: when you start counting up other guys' posts to see what percentages they post on which subjects, everything you've said about not giving a sh** goes right out the window.

Good point!!

Except when you get some guy from nowhere, who seems to follow each of your posts, on ONE subject over Two Threads..
and its all negative....

internet experience shows it is normally done by a person, who uses multiple aliases....

hell, any one of us can be an internet secret agent for the same reasons...but most of us are upstanding and don't..

back to a point, what constructive thing has Schmuck done this entire last week on this thread, but call people names..
and show pics acting like his is superior to everyone else here...

only thing that amazes me, is the people who put up with him insulting fellow forum members, yet few say anything.. guess it is this disease in our society that people are too damned lazy to get involved...in anything...

society has turned into a bunch of pusssies..

no one will say anything to Schtick and his antics it seems, but they sure can toss in their 2 cents of those, that think he should STFU..

I'm here to share.. not to make friends, or get devastated when someone doesn't like what I have to say...

Schtick on the other end, is much like a garbage can... he doesn't care what gets tossed in or at him.. has the manners of a garbage can, and probably stinks to high heaven anyway...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Seafire,

If someone gets under your skin, tell them where to get off, or just ignore them.

Do you need validation?

There are members here whose post/replies I just skip over. No need to name them, argue with them, respond to them, or call them out.

I came over from the old "Shooters" forum. A lot of good people have left since I've been here. I'm not telling you to leave, but you'll have to choose for yourself how to sort the fire out.

ya read me wrong... Super Cub's post above fits the situation...

I wait a week, and primed a pump...

I am sure Schtick is preparing his one a day post right now as we speak.. in response to it... but will probably include all of his ... stuff you wish you almost had... places you almost wished you had been..... thinks you almost had... your [bleep] line... heavily sprinkled with Dumphuck this and his ability to add "attude" to the end of almost any word under the planet..

for being so clever as some people think he is... he sure isn't very creative.. same crap over and over...

but there is one big difference between Schtick and I...

one of us knows how to spell... the other doesn't have a friggin clue'attude.....

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
MM i see you disagree with his delivery? Can you ever say he gave incorrect information? I know he hurts some feelers, but I would rather get my feelings hurt and get correct info than spend a bunch of money on bad info and have someone coddle me. Just my opinion there, some peoples feelers are more important to them.

There is a huge gap between coddling and common courtesy.

The fact that Boxer has some good advice is only great insofar as he offers it as such. He doesn't. He is offputting, discourteous, rude, and crude, to name just a few of his less than admirable tendencies.

So no, it isn't about "feelers" or "coddling" and your implication that people who think that such immature babling should be put up with because he has experience doesn't say much about your ability to think critically yourself. These things can be separated, and there is a reason he is allowed only one post per day, so on some level Rick agrees.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by kutenay
Best advice I can offer, poor old loser that I apparently am, is to do as I do and just ignore him while enjoying the vast majority of others here, who are genuinely good guys.

Ignore him!? ..... Man, I come here to play with him. He's kinda like the little lap dog who won't stop chasing the ball. Thinks he's bigger than he really is.

Laffin'

[Linked Image]

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ball toss. Watch'im go!

Laffin'

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
MM i see you disagree with his delivery? Can you ever say he gave incorrect information? I know he hurts some feelers, but I would rather get my feelings hurt and get correct info than spend a bunch of money on bad info and have someone coddle me. Just my opinion there, some peoples feelers are more important to them.

There is a huge gap between coddling and common courtesy.

The fact that Boxer has some good advice is only great insofar as he offers it as such. He doesn't. He is offputting, discourteous, rude, and crude, to name just a few of his less than admirable tendencies.

So no, it isn't about "feelers" or "coddling" and your implication that people who think that such immature babling should be put up with because he has experience doesn't say much about your ability to think critically yourself. These things can be separated, and there is a reason he is allowed only one post per day, so on some level Rick agrees.

If you don't want to listen to him put him on ignore. Those who think it is hilarious can continue to watch. Problem solved. Every poster has negative and positive impact on a forum. You think the bad outweighs the good with him. I take note of your opinion, even if mine is different. No reason for me to hate JeffO or Seafire WSM or GW because Boxer is on their case. I try not to ruffle feathers I try to be considerate. I have no problem debating points without calling names. Others have different reactions to disagreements. Should everyone who calls you a name because he thinks your full of bull be banned?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Should everyone who calls you a name because he thinks your full of bull be banned?

Again, this is not an accurate assessment of the situation. This isn't a guy who once said you're dumb because you like the 243 Win over the 25-06. That happens all the time here and there. This guy calls anyone and everyone a [bleep] idiot among other things, and does so in each and every post he puts up.

I read his posts and chuckle at some of his antics. But that doesn't mean everyone should have to put up w/ his thread-pirating rudeness. As I said previously, it is obvious that Rick agrees on some level as he has the guy limited to 1 post/day.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
only thing that amazes me, is the people who put up with him insulting fellow forum members, yet few say anything.. guess it is this disease in our society that people are too damned lazy to get involved...in anything...

Wow. Seriously? "Society" has turned into a bunch of pusssies?

Because some guys you don't know and will never meet refuse to join you in "saying something" to another guy on the internet that you're in a pissing contest with?

Listen to yourself, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I think you're right about society turning into a bunch of pussies though. But not because people refuse to get involved with things that matter.

It's because people focus too much time and energy on things that don't matter.

At all.

Excuse me now, I need to go or I'll be late for the next Kardashians Twitter feed.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
EFW

I can see your your point I just do not share it. It is just the innernet. Being that he is not following people from thread to thread stalking anyone and most of the folks joined this topic to egg him on I am not too concerned. We all act different in real life, I am probably more aggressive in real life than on the net. I just find it hard to get worked up too much about this stuff. I do not mind a good argument on a topic but beyond that all the personal vitriol some have for others online is beyond me. Maybe it is because I have probably met over 100 shooters from this site and others. I have yet to meet one where my opinion of them did not improve upon the meeting. I just recently had a cook out at my home for about 30 forum guys from my state. A lot of hatchets were buried at that cook out. I am finding it harder and harder to even dislike any intelligent poster.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Won't disagree with anything you say there. I hosted a get together a couple of years ago and found the same thing to be true as you.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this one and certainly wish you well.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Wow. Seriously? "Society" has turned into a bunch of pusssies?

Because some guys you don't know and will never meet refuse to join you in "saying something" to another guy on the internet that you're in a pissing contest with?

Listen to yourself, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I think you're right about society turning into a bunch of pussies though. But not because people refuse to get involved with things that matter.

It's because people focus too much time and energy on things that don't matter.

At all.

Excuse me now, I need to go or I'll be late for the next Kardashians Twitter feed.......

where am I in a pissing contest with Schtick? Ya gotta be kidding.... I am guilty at the worst, of expecting him to show fellow forum members a certain amount of respect that each of us should show to others... I don't have a shortman's complex from hell and go out of my way to try and prove otherwise...

Imagine this forum, or any forum, if everyone was talking to each other, in the exact wording he uses toward almost anyone!

what do you think would happen to some guy who started calling people dumbphucks to their face? That would be okay to you?

I can put up with Schtick with no problem.. because I don't take his antics seriously.... he's a dumbassed bum... those that get me are the ones who give him a free pass...

Lord knows people sure like to give me schitt for giving him Schitt... but once again, it is perfectly fine for him to hand it out to everyone he damn well pleases...

if my posts bother you, then don't read the damn things...

you can spend your time more wisely waiting for those Kardashian Twitter feeds... I mean I am not going to knock a man, for where he chooses to put his priorities.....

I will just extend the courtesy and not call you a dumbphuck, and then highlight what a loser you must be... like Schtick would be doing....

( by the way, I don't think you are a loser, so don't misconstrue that is what you think I am saying... I'm just making a point... )

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can put up with Schtick with no problem.. because I don't take his antics seriously....

Sure you don't. You just think "Society has turned into a bunch of pusssies" because you can't get people to "say something to him."

Let me ask you a question about that. Do you think if I "say something to him" it'll have an effect? Think he'll change his ways? How did that work out for you?

if my posts bother you, then don't read the damn things...

Seriously? Don't you think this is just a little ironic, given what we're talking about here?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Does Boxer prefer the Canon G12 for a point and shoot?

Because I can't remember what he wrote, don't want to wade through the thread, and I can only find a G1 on the sites I looked at.

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Does Boxer prefer the Canon G12 for a point and shoot?

Because I can't remember what he wrote, don't want to wade through the thread, and I can only find a G1 on the sites I looked at.

Thanks,
Travis

That's the one he endorsed........G-12.......Here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../Search/true/Re_243_vs_25_06#Post7632639

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 39 of 229 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 50 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,663
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.