Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 229 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 228 229
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I agree with you and just intend to continue to ignore him and his ravings.

You, on the other hand,I find to be a gentleman and one whom I hope continues to post here.

BTW, there are no ...lumber jacks... here in the western half of North America, they are "loggers" also known as "bush apes", a rather appropriate term in this context, as I think you would agree....... wink

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
I can be a hero also.

No.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by kutenay
I agree with you and just intend to continue to ignore him and his ravings.

You, on the other hand,I find to be a gentleman and one whom I hope continues to post here.

BTW, there are no ...lumber jacks... here in the western half of North America, they are "loggers" also known as "bush apes", a rather appropriate term in this context, as I think you would agree....... wink

I watched a season of Axe Men. I hate reality TV but I gave it a try. I tell you if logging is anything like that I don't know how they get workers comp insurance. I know all industry is different but I couldn't go a minute without seeing something that should be a safety violation. Down here we tease Ironworker's and Boilermaker's about being the lowest form of life but wow some of those loggers no way they were for real.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
BTW someone finally did PM me and tell me why what I posted was so terrible. Thanks for jumping my bones but leaving me out in the cold you ballless wonders!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You watched a whole season of Axe Men? Must be a right proper expert.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What you said was uncalled for, regardless of the info in the PM.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Tanner
You watched a whole season of Axe Men? Must be a right proper expert.

No as I said I don't believe logging is anything like the show. As with most reality TV does any one believe it other than people who think wrestling is real?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

Gee',

Keep rockin' the Golf Cart and totin' schit with the guts in it.

Hilarious!

Hey, Hey,

No problem with that.

[Linked Image]
golf cart deer

Considering the above taunt, a question for those who remain perusing this thread.

How many of ya'll field dress some/all of the game you take?

Do you think field dressing is a regional thing?

I hunt on private land, in a defined area. I do so at least once a month, and more than that during Turkey, Dove, and Deer seasons. I can take dove, quail, turkey, squirrels, rabbits, hogs, sheep, white-tail and exotic deer as edible game species.

I have a camp out of which I base my activities. When at that camp I almost never field dress game. We have a custom made skinning rack with lighting.

[Linked Image]

Due to the nature of the terrain and the time of day I take a lot of game, I find it much easier to bring the whole animal back , gut, skin, quarter, and/or de-bone and get the animal on ice. I usually have that done within two hours of the time I take the particular game animal.
This last weekend temps were in the 80�s. I took a hog one morning, and another Saturday night at dark-thirty. It�s not unusual from May through October for temps to range from the high 80�s to 110 plus. I never leave the hide on more than a couple hours. If it�s going to be in the 40�s or below I may let skinned game hang overnight, but most of the time its in the cooler within 30 minutes of the time the hide is removed.

[Linked Image]
pig ready for skinning

[Linked Image]
pig, skinned, ready to be opened up, entrails removed, quartered and put in the cooler.

[Linked Image]
five more waiting

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03129.jpg[/img]

although they can be excellent table fare, hogs are vermin in Texas. Rangy, smelly, tick and flea infested boars. Sometime I don�t bother opening them up. I just take the back-straps and hinds.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN3912.jpg[/img]
on a nice eating sized sow, I�ll do the whole thing.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/may2010onward/DSC02107.jpg[/img]

I�ll keep a sharp eye pealed, should you choose to respond. LOL

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/17/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
GWB,
I have always field dress deer before moving them. It is just the common way here plus why bring the guts home? However it is very common around here for folks to wait till they get home to clean turkey and small game as well as fish. I know some people though who actually carry bread bags and just peal the breasts out of birds and just bring meat home. I don't hunt small game or fish so I do neither. I also gave up butchering my own deer once I left home. Most of the time my deer are spoken for so I take it to the butcher shop and have it cut up the way the person wanting it likes. This year was the first year in quite some time I kept a whole deer for myself.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
GWB,
I have always field dress deer before moving them. It is just the common way here plus why bring the guts home? However it is very common around here for folks to wait till they get home to clean turkey and small game as well as fish. I know some people though who actually carry bread bags and just peal the breasts out of birds and just bring meat home. I don't hunt small game or fish so I do neither. I also gave up butchering my own deer once I left home. Most of the time my deer are spoken for so I take it to the butcher shop and have it cut up the way the person wanting it likes. This year was the first year in quite some time I kept a whole deer for myself.

Where is "here"?

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
PA.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
WSM' ,to me it doesn't matter what you knew or didn't know. Bringing up family, especially kids is chicken [bleep]...

Gee, I don't gut anything. We go gutless on everything.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by SLM
WSM' ,to me it doesn't matter what you knew or didn't know. Bringing up family, especially kids is chicken [bleep]...

And as for all the bringing up family talk. I did not bring up family I said "If I was" I never said anything about his family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You seem hell bent on discussing the very post you deleted.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
What are if any a advantage over one or the other im wanting to pick one up in the Tikka t3 hunter and the only caliber i can find is. 243 locally . This would be used for deer/antelope.

START OVER:

On antelope not a pinch of chit of difference. The 243 will be more available of course that is if you don't roll your own and it may be a regional thing but for the most part the 243 is more available. The 243 is used more as a bench round so you will be able to find more components that are match grade, ie bullets, higher quality brass etc. Moot point really if you load you own and have the equipment and know how to tinker with your components. From your general statement and choice of gun it seems your not running to far down the custom route so I'm just assuming you'll be doing minimal hand loading and most likely buying factory ammo so I would go .243 as there is just better commercial ammo out there for the .243v 25-06. Even if you get into loading your own the 6mm's have a ton to offer. the .25's don't have near the variety of good components and are sadly dated.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SLM

And as for all the bringing up family talk. I did not bring up family I said "If I was" I never said anything about his family.
Probably the most pansie excuse offered on this thread yet, and that's saying something......

Whatever you actually said, you brought up a topic you that you should never bring up, ever--no excuses.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Someone should salvage this thread with pitchers of nekid women folks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A lot of times I bone out my deer right where they lay and put all the meat in plastic bags, load them in my pack and leave a cleaned picked rack of bones behind. I roll the hide up with the head for sex identification but thats about it. As far as game birds and waterfowl I breast them out immediately or as soon as I can. Ducks especially, nothing will make a duck taste like chit quicker than leaving the guts in for any time at all.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
Someone should salvage this thread with pitchers of nekid women folks.
+10000

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My vote is .243, because I like it. But hey, it's America buy both. 86 pages, my, my. All for Big Stick, Boxer, Bushler....whomever he chooses to be next. Therapy is needed. My $.02

Napoleon Complex

A popular term for the inferiority complex that short men (under 5�9') in society are commonly assumed to possess, which causes them�at least per theory�to overcompensate by trying harder than men of average height (5�10') in life�s activities

Last edited by Stickbow; 04/17/13.
Page 43 of 229 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,412
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.