-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 229 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 228 229
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is never not phunny to watch the ineffectual heel nipping and the resulting gratuitous backhands on these forums. I am still waiting on someone, anyone, to talk to bullets and ballistics. I do not get off on the other stuff although the near nekkid pics and the outdoor pics are great.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I think he just gives'em the "DEATH GLARE" and they float to the surface.

Laffin'

[Linked Image]

Or there is the other way he does it... and why he carries a rifle with him..

sees a fish in the water, and then shoots at it...

the concussion in the water knocks the fish out, as Schtick grabs it as it floats down stream...

Pretty crafty, ain't he?

So that brings us back on topic?

Which rifle and bullet weight do you prefer for fishing?
the 25/06 or the 243?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For shooting feesh at close range I would go .25/06 since the bullets are not actually hitting the fish and concussion is the only resource needed, I would say go for the most case capacity everytime. For fish shooting maybe headstamps are more important than bullets.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

Another Chapter of Schtick's "Midnight Toilet Fantasies"...

FwapFwapFwap........FwapFGwapFwap....

whistle

have fun Stumpy.....

So, Seafire, I've gotta ask. Is this what you call "taking a stand?"

Seems like you've captured the "high ground" for sure.

Good morning Smokey....

Naw, a picture is worth a thousand words... so I just post a picture that states a thousand words of how Schmuck's posts strike me...

The misconception too many of you folks have is that you think I am in competition with the little Twerp.... I'm not here to be in competition with anyone...

We all have standards of a set of manners to show respect to fellow forum members.... but there are a very few folks on here that don't have clue one of manners...

I deal with folks the way they reflect their actions toward me, and toward others..

yet there are folks around here who think it is perfectly all right for someone to be an ass, and then get all offended when the same guy is treated with as little respect as he hands out to others.... and then have all sorts of excuses over him doing so...

Folks don't like me giving him crap back, then maybe they should just put my posts on ignore.... but instead they feel the need to come back and read them, and then make another comment about it... so they are contributing to what they are complaining about...

no one seems to expect Schtick to back down, but then complain about every one else not backing down that Schtick slings crap at...

until Schtick is held to the same standards as everyone else, then this will continue.

If I called you a clueless dumbphuck, I am sure you wouldn't take it very well... yet what makes it perfectly alright for Schtick to use those terms to everyone else?

Difference is I am showing you respect, by not calling you things like that...

Schtick prefers to be a Butthead, he gets it right back..

besides he is a cartoon anyway.

Enjoy your day!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seafire: Take the time to read the post below, you don't seem to be comprehending:

If I called you a clueless dumbphuck, I am sure you wouldn't take it very well... yet what makes it perfectly alright for Schtick to use those terms to everyone else?

I never said it was alright for Boxer to use any terms, in fact, I haven't commented on anything Boxer does. Do you understand that?

Folks don't like me giving him crap back, then maybe they should just put my posts on ignore....

Two points here: First, it's blatant hypocrisy for you to tell people to ignore what you write if they don't like it, while at the same time showing that you're not capable of ignoring what Boxer writes and bitching about it. Once again, take your own advice.

Second, I don't care if you give Boxer crap, never said I did. It does have entertainment value on a slow day. But Boxer ain't the one claiming to be "Taking a Stand" and bemoaning the effects of discourteous discourse on society and all that high-minded stuff like that, you are.

My point being, you can't bitch and whine about Boxer insulting people on the one hand, and then turn around and do the same thing he is on the other, without being a hypocrite.

Boxer ain't staking a claim to saving society, you are.

Boxer does what he does, he ain't gonna change, and at least he doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

It's funny as hell though, watching you guys bitch and moan about getting smoke in your eyes as you're throwing another sopping wet log on the fire.

Somebody much smarter than me once said the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Smokey, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

I don't take that as a reason to make a big argument out of this...

you've stated your points.. and I have stated mine..

we both have a different perspective on it..

once again, have a good day sir...

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
laugh

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seafire: Take the time to read the post below, you don't seem to be comprehending:

I never said it was alright for Boxer to use any terms, in fact, I haven't commented on anything Boxer does. Do you understand that?

Folks don't like me giving him crap back, then maybe they should just put my posts on ignore....

Two points here: First, it's blatant hypocrisy for you to tell people to ignore what you write if they don't like it, while at the same time showing that you're not capable of ignoring what Boxer writes and bitching about it. Once again, take your own advice.

Second, I don't care if you give Boxer crap, never said I did. It does have entertainment value on a slow day. But Boxer ain't the one claiming to be "Taking a Stand" and bemoaning the effects of discourteous discourse on society and all that high-minded stuff like that, you are.

My point being, you can't bitch and whine about Boxer insulting people on the one hand, and then turn around and do the same thing he is on the other, without being a hypocrite.

Boxer does what he does, he ain't gonna change, and at least he doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

It's funny as hell though, watching you guys bitch and moan about getting smoke in your eyes as you're throwing another sopping wet log on the fire.

Somebody much smarter than me once said the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

This is a VERY nice way of saying you are looking silly on this thread....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems apropos for your never ending infatuation:

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

Originally Posted by 406_SBC
Seems apropos for your never ending infatuation:
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

As somebody once said.......Don't take away his Pretend....

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by moosemike
" It'd be intellesting if Shefire gathered the percentages of how often she talked about cock and Whined. Let alone Whined for cock.

Porcupines do that,with regularity.
"

another Chapter of Stumpy's "Alaskan Homo Fantasies"....

amazing how often he and his groupies raise that sort of subject...

so Schtick, why don't you draw the connection between your homo fantasies, and the 243 vs 25/06.... that ought to be entertaining... your midnight posts are a lot more entertaining than watching Conan...

I pity Boxers mother. It must be hard on her knowing she raised such an angry little man. He's a Class A keyboard commando. He'll say everything to you from the safety of the internet that his perverse twisted brain can dream up. Of course he's a paper tiger who relies solely on the safety of anonymity and hides behind his computer screen and the one post per day his mom allows.

Really??????? He wouldn't be very hard to find if someone really wanted to find him and confront him. I am pretty sure you are the only person on the "fire" that doesn't know where Boxer lives. So either your to stupid to find him or you lack the balls, either way it makes you the Class A keyboard commando.

This chit never gets old and always makes me laugh.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

and other threads.....

P.S. kinda painful to watch, yet awesome in a certain sick way... grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EddyBo
For shooting feesh at close range I would go .25/06 since the bullets are not actually hitting the fish and concussion is the only resource needed, I would say go for the most case capacity everytime. For fish shooting maybe headstamps are more important than bullets.

What else are you gonna do with .257 bullets? grin

Only thing that could outfish a .25-06 would be a .270.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bam futher mucker!

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EddyBo
grin

What else are you gonna do with .257 bullets? grin

Only thing that could outfish a .25-06 would be a .270.....

so what is going to cause a larger area of concussion in the water to knock out a fish....

a 270 with a 130 grain SP at 3100 fps

or

a 243 with a 60 grain HP at 4000 fps?

any physicist out there to weigh in on the subject?

inquiring minds are dying to know.... whistle

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
Bam futher mucker!

[Linked Image]

That's funny.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The topic was attempted to be righted on page 86 some six pages ago where the OP was addressed. However, it was buried by more mindless nit picking banter.

SO, back on target. If for fishing one would think that maybe a 45-70 with a wide meplat hard cast would deliver quite a concussion. Given the two choices I would go with a throttled up 25-06 running a 75 gr hollow point as fast as I could safely push it. To address the OP my vote would be run a .243. Any initial muzzle energy advantage by the 25-06 will be lost down the road to the .243 and it's "higher quality" fodder with it's superior B.C. I owned both and unfortunately the 25-06, like all 25's, has suffered from lack of attention and imagination when it comes to bullet design and development. I have always thought the 25-06 and 257 Roy deserved a heavier, sleeker bullet. Perhaps something around 130-135 grains in a long tapering boat tail design propelled by a hefty charge of RL 25 or the like. There just isn't enough interest to do the .25's any justice especially with the 6mm and 6.5mm classes already with a strong foot hold in the bench rest community. Sad for sure.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm on page 10.......?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to say it gets better, but - nah, ain't gonna happen.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Late to the party, but cant help but think how funny some people are..

Page 46 of 229 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.