Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I've got no problem with the uniforms.

It's function over form. Those uniforms exist because they are supremely functional. They are loose fitting to allow mobility which is needed in these kind of scenario's. They have lots of pockets to carry things you need. They have strong belt loops to support a gun belt.

They are chosen because they are the best functional clothing for that kind of work.

BS The uniforms are designed to evoke fear in the populations they patrol, which is perfecting appropriate for a conquering occupation force, but not for public servants.

Couldn't be they are designed for form and function, and used because they provide the best access to the tools that may be needed. Also couldn't be that it is your own paranoia that provides the fear.

Of all people you should understand being prepared, for god sakes you have a pistol vacuum sealed in your shower, and I'm betting you didn't put it there to protect yourself from the scary police.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bea175
when i was in high school if we got a new gun or the teacher got one we would take it to school and past it around the class for all the boys to look at.

and kids would be picked up by the police if they skipped class....

should be that way today and the prison population would drop

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColKlink
I'm sure that Japanese Americans just decided that they would all go huddle together in concentration camps for the fun of it....

Dr. Roger McGrath at Cal State Northridge has published extensively on that and found there were more than a few sympathizers amongst the Japs in those camps, lives were saved by interring them. Same thing needs to be done with the Muzzies.

The end justifies the means, right Robespierre?

What's a reign of terror amongst countrymen?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would be willing to bet that wouldn't have happened 50 years ago .

You want to bet that police didn't arrest people for frivolous reasons 50 years ago?

I'd submit that it happened MORE 50 years ago, than today.

I don't believe you were an observer 50 years ago.

I was........ and for several years prior to that.

We are talking about a cop arresting a kid for wearing a tee shirt his teacher didn't like.

Hell NO, it would not have happened back then.

I was there. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when i was in high school if we got a new gun or the teacher got one we would take it to school and past it around the class for all the boys to look at.

and kids would be picked up by the police if they skipped class....

should be that way today and the prison population would drop

yeah, who needs parents anyways?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure that Japanese Americans just decided that they would all go huddle together in concentration camps for the fun of it....

Dr. Roger McGrath at Cal State Northridge has published extensively on that and found there were more than a few sympathizers amongst the Japs in those camps, lives were saved by interring them. Same thing needs to be done with the Muzzies.

What do you suggest doing with an un-assimilated minority during time of war with their home country?

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
me to , the only thing in my school was that girl dresses had to be below the knees and boys had to have their shirt tails tuck in their pants

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I would be willing to bet that wouldn't have happened 50 years ago .

You want to bet that police didn't arrest people for frivolous reasons 50 years ago?

I'd submit that it happened MORE 50 years ago, than today.

I don't believe you were an observer 50 years ago.

I was........ and for several years prior to that.

We are talking about a cop arresting a kid for wearing a tee shirt his teacher didn't like.

Hell NO, it would not have happened back then.

I was there. grin

One doesn't have to have been alive 50 years ago to know that police abuse was rampant back then. That's been clearly recorded in history.

We have guys on this forum that were cops that long ago, that have testified to the same.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What do you suggest doing with an un-assimilated minority during time of war with their home country?

Arrest the criminals.

You do realize that the most decorated unit of our entire military history was one that was entirely made up of Japanese Americans who fought in WWII, right?

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The bottom line here is that todays law enforcement fears and hates the general population as a group. Sure, they like their friends and relatives but if they don't know you on a very personal level, you are the enemy. The population is starting to hate and fear the police for good reason. One feeds off the others fears. In times of a crisis as shown during the LA riots and Katrina, the police run for the hills. If they don't have overwhelming odds, they run away. We're supposed to respect this? I think not.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

that's why the manufacturers made them...

Why black, then?? A color associated in the minds of Americans with WWII era tyrannies.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
the police in the 50 and 60's might have been called if you wore a tee putting down the bible , but i even dough that would have justified a call

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
The bottom line here is that todays law enforcement fears and hates the general population as a group.
Categorically untrue.
The population is starting to hate and fear the police for good reason. One feeds off the others fears.

The spreading fear of paranoid weirdo's is not a good reason.
In times of a crisis as shown during the LA riots and Katrina, the police run for the hills. If they don't have overwhelming odds, they run away.

You mean, like the one's that ran into the towers or towards the bombs?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why black, then?? A color associated in the minds of Americans with WWII era tyrannies.

The manufactures made them because they saw a need for a more functional product. So, they made it, and it sells.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You do realize that the most decorated unit of our entire military history was one that was entirely made up of Japanese Americans who fought in WWII, right?

I'm well aware of that but it's also a fact that many Japanese-Americans were sent to Japan to be educated and indoctrinated and were disloyal, their allegiance being to the Empire of Japan. The same case I'm sure could be made for patriotic Muslims fighting in our armed forces but it doesn't change the fact that the larger Muslim population presents a threat.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The manufactures made them because they saw a need for a more functional product. So, they made it, and it sells.

Why black? We know why. Because it instills fear in the public at large. The manufacturers make what the police departments ask for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm well aware of that but it's also a fact that many Japanese-Americans were sent to Japan to be educated and indoctrinated and were disloyal, their allegiance being to the Empire of Japan. The same case I'm sure could be made for patriotic Muslims fighting in our armed forces but it doesn't change the fact that the larger Muslim population presents a threat.

The difference is one is an ideology, and the other is a race.

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Give me a break TRH, most Americans couldn't tell you what the WWII era tyrants uniforms looked like outside of a swastika. Once again you are projecting your paranoia on to the rest of the American people.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The bottom line here is that todays law enforcement fears and hates the general population as a group.
Categorically untrue.
The population is starting to hate and fear the police for good reason. One feeds off the others fears.

The spreading fear of paranoid weirdo's is not a good reason.
In times of a crisis as shown during the LA riots and Katrina, the police run for the hills. If they don't have overwhelming odds, they run away.

You mean, like the one's that ran into the towers or towards the bombs?
Are you serious? Easy to be a tough guy when no one is shooting back, isn't it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why black? We know why. Because it instills fear in the public at large. The manufacturers make what the police departments ask for.

Black isn't because it makes anyone scared. If that was the case, then the black suit worn by church goers wouldn't be so popular...

The color is functional because it's subdued and allows a bit of cover.

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.