Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm telling you right now that's an illegal search. I would never have answered the door. When they kicked it in, I'd have totally complied. Then sued the chit out of Boston. And I'm a cop.

This has gotten out of control. I can't believe those people on the second video saying they were frightened but they thought the cops were doing the right thing.

I don't care who or what you're looking for. I'm an American. You cannot just come into my house without probable cause.

Last edited by pira114; 04/23/13.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Exigent circumstances perhaps?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GuyM

Exigent circumstances combined with probable cause. I don't think random checking upon a possibility will meet that criteria.

I did hear a blip on the news, unsure if accurate or not that they were able to ping the suspects phone which gave a general location. I'm not sure if this ping is related to the home search.

Could be more to the story that we are unaware of.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GuyM
The EC standard is an excuse to the charge of trespass, and applies to anyone, regardless of whether they're a cop, but is not a universal warrant to enter any home in an entire city. The standards are very strict, such as someone was imminently at risk of death if you didn't enter that particular property or residence, e.g., you saw someone drowning in the pond on the property, or someone is screaming for help inside the home or apartment. A general state of emergency doesn't cut it. The emergency must involve that particular residence.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Thanks again, Watch, for staying on top of this. Yes, it appears that they just assumed the power to suspend the Fourth Amendment protections in this locked down city, i.e., impose tyranny. It appeared to have been standard practice to storm homes with guns drawn and to order residents to leave while a search was performed without asking permission in any reasonable manner. They want us conditioned for our rights to be considered suspended at the will of the police, which is indistinguishable from not recognizing those rights, period. Redcoats doing this sort of thing in colonial cities was why the Founders insisted on the Fourth Amendment to start with. It's d�j� vu all over again.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pira114
I'm telling you right now that's an illegal search. I would never have answered the door. When they kicked it in, I'd have totally complied. Then sued the chit out of Boston. And I'm a cop.

This has gotten out of control. I can't believe those people on the second video saying they were frightened but they thought the cops were doing the right thing.

I don't care who or what you're looking for. I'm an American. You cannot just come into my house without probable cause.
I'm afraid that what we're seein' is the just a few instances of what's coming up across the country - if the Emperor gets his way re: gun control.. It appears they're not even hiding it much any more..

"Warrants, schmarrants - we don't NEED no stinkin' warrants.."

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by pira114

I'm afraid that what we're seein' is the just a few instances of what's coming up across the country - if the Emperor gets his way re: gun control.. It appears they're not even hiding it much any more..

"Warrants, schmarrants - we don't NEED no stinkin' warrants.."

I anticipate the popularity of signs on front doors reading "No Warrant Equals No Entry!"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It seems that was the only house targeted on that block. Maybe somebody "SWATed" them. As in, call in a bogus sighting to [bleep] with them, knowing the force that shows up from the usually anonymous "tip" will have to take it seriously, as they did.

It is becoming more common & seems to be an effective way to put folks in a hellava bind, at least temporarily, unless the innocent victim resists for a more permanent bind.. The bogus tipsters should be hunted like the vermin they are & handled by the victims.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oulufinn
It seems that was the only house targeted on that block. Maybe somebody "SWATed" them. As in, call in a bogus sighting to [bleep] with them, knowing the force that shows up from the usually anonymous "tip" will have to take it seriously, as they did.

It is becoming more common & seems to be an effective way to put folks in a hellava bind, at least temporarily, unless the innocent victim resists for a more permanent bind.. The bogus tipsters should be hunted like the vermin they are & handled by the victims.

It's also a handy way to make a popular youtube video...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So let me get this straight, the police were coming into people's homes whether they wanted them to come in or not and without a warrant?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So let me get this straight, the police were coming into people's homes whether they wanted them to come in or not and without a warrant?

Despite the inference, I have seen posts about doors being kicked in, but have seen no video of such.

Have seen people being led out of houses with their hands up, but have not seen or heard any exchanges to know for sure what exactly went on.

Regardless of what went on in preface to the house clearing, when there are that many armed officers around, the safest thing for the people is to have their arms up - same reason we keep our hands in plain sight during a traffic stop.

I AM NOT CONDONING a warrant-less search, but the same video has been posted ad nauseum and no one appears to have all the facts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So there is no evidence of a violation of the Bill Of Rights...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only inferred...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I watched everything the news had to offer on this story, as I was home sick. To sum it up, it was as if I were watching news from another planet. There was a core element of LE's that were getting the job done in a professional manner, who ultimately completed the task. In the meanwhile, every other LEO, from the AG to the ASPCA, were running around in a stupor in what could best be described as a huge clusterphuck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Only inferred...

So as I expected, tinfoilery rantings. Now if evidence to the contratry is produced, I'll gladly eat the crow..

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There was a core element of LE's that were getting the job done in a professional manner, who ultimately completed the task.

I noticed in the oft posted video of the green house, that there is an officer in the lower right hand corner, often out of view, but when shown, each and every time someone (including residents) crosses his view, he lowered his weapon till they passed.

Good training and good awareness for a jack booted thug.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's the covert NRA member. Ssshhh, don't blow his cover...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I watched everything the news had to offer on this story, as I was home sick. To sum it up, it was as if I were watching news from another planet. There was a core element of LE's that were getting the job done in a professional manner, who ultimately completed the task. In the meanwhile, every other LEO, from the AG to the ASPCA, were running around in a stupor in what could best be described as a huge clusterphuck.

I wish you had felt up to posting this comment earlier, Cap'n.

"Is the 'Boston response' a template for law enforcement actions in future terrorist activity in large American cities?"

To my mind, THIS question is what motivated the criticisms posted here by the majority of us.

I think you answered it in a reassuring- and professional- manner.

I doubt we have need for concern here in "Flyover Country".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (3333vl, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.