Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
The Department of Justice is amending Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regulations to remove the cross reference to the regulatory United States Munitions List (USML) of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) that appears at 27 CFR 447.21; to clarify that the Attorney General exercises delegated authority pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and Executive Order 13637 to designate defense articles and defense services as part of the statutory USML for purposes of permanent import controls, regardless of whether the Secretary of State controls such defense articles or defense services for purposes of export and temporary import; and to clarify that defense articles and defense services controlled pursuant to the Attorney General's delegated AECA authority are part of the statutory USML (along with those that are controlled for export and temporary import by the Secretary of State), but that the list of defense articles and defense services controlled by the Attorney General is labeled the USMIL to distinguish it from the list of defense articles and defense services in the ITAR that are controlled by the Secretary of State.

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...vices-us-munitions-import-list-2011r-20p

Last edited by GlockinBob; 04/24/13. Reason: fixed link

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not good.

BTW, Linkee no workee.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's my understanding, that if it's printed in the federal register, it has the force of law.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
There's no telling what Holder might put on the list of banned imports. Could be a prolonged dry spell for powders, parts and who knows what else.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Presidential action to block firearm and accessory imports was one of the known dangers from the beginning as to what Obama could actually do under existing law.

The fact it will have no impact on crime rates won't matter to the left, they'll just crow about how he's keeping military stuff off of "the streets".

Worst case, though.. any future president can undo it with the stroke of a pen.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What about the chance of those companies setting up shop in the US

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
P
residential action to block firearm and accessory imports was one of the known dangers from the beginning as to what Obama could actually do under existing law.

benelli-berretta-browning-franchi?

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 222Sako, 70 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,322
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.