Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I own a small business. I am the enemy according to the current regime. I am hated and despised by Democrats yet people like me create the jobs and pay the way for others.

If you have never gambled everything you have worked your entire life to save in order to start a business that may never succeed you have no idea how incredibly hard it is to start, grow, and manage a business and what a gamble it is that may never pay off.

We are rapidly approaching the point where it won't make sense for anyone to take the risk. I think Atlas is about to shrug.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody is.......really. My wife is getting out of the family business in the next few months after being in it for 20+ years. It's just BS now and she's had enough.

No reason to even try any more.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The corporations have taken over ownership of the gov't. Recent changes to patent law (first to file) have tilted things even more in favour of large corps. All of the regulation increasingly favours large corps. It is increasingly difficult to start a successful small business.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColKlink
I own a small business. I am the enemy according to the current regime. I am hated and despised by Democrats yet people like me create the jobs and pay the way for others.

If you have never gambled everything you have worked your entire life to save in order to start a business that may never succeed you have no idea how incredibly hard it is to start, grow, and manage a business and what a gamble it is that may never pay off.

We are rapidly approaching the point where it won't make sense for anyone to take the risk. I think Atlas is about to shrug.

Could not agree more. Had I not been running my business for 10 years I would not start one now.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4xbear

Could not agree more. Had I not been running my business for 10 years I would not start one now.

Completely agree. It has become almost impossible to succeed. It's sad, if government would get out of the way the American economy would be a monster.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looking at a second business in addition to my landscape contracting and am up against nothing abnormal governmentally, yet. Will be a food product, sort of, so it may get hairy. What specifically are you upset about? Believe me, I share the same disdain for the gobt that you do just wondering what you are seeing I may need to be aware of.

LOL
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have pretty much lost mine after 9 years.
6 months at 4 hours a week and being taken off of the government available unemployment list. I had to go back to work for a lab and even that is very slow.

You have brought up a good point. The only Small business that could even survive is in ammo manufacturing and gun manufacturing but you better have a very large backer with lots of money if you want to get past the red tape , insurance and regulations

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one reason for me

I had/have to

I sure as F wouldn't hire me.

sooooo if you're gonna be the biggest loser, you'd best have a biz license : )

but I can promise you my new biz is gonna be short on employees and matching FICA and work comp and bennies etc. and loooonngg on gov't help

I can't lick em so I'm gonna join em, as long as they pay me to do so.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All the regs certainly make it tougher.

Retired cat herder.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For years my brother, an entrepreneur, has tried to get me into his various businesses. He has been very wealthy and very broke over the years. I have stayed with my rather large Dutch based company since graduating university in 1985 and it has all been good and I will retire pretty well set in three or four years. I do admire those that go at it on their own. A lot of courage and, generally, a very supporting spouse.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why Would Anyone Start a Business in the United States Today?

Well, it is better than starting one in Zimbabwe.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The government doesn't have much to do with it. You don't have to beat the government, you have to beat the competition.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Why Would Anyone Start a Business in the United States Today?

Well, it is better than starting one in Zimbabwe.

But....but.....but.... Okay, I got nothing! Cannot dispute ^this^! LOL!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JOG
The government doesn't have much to do with it. You don't have to beat the government, you have to beat the competition.

You obviouly don't own/run your own business.

Or else, you allow someone else to do all the paperwork....or are about to be audited.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by snubbie
You obviouly don't own/run your own business.

You obviously don't have a [bleep] clue what I do.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dayom

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Try staying off the internet, might help.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GlockinBob
The corporations have taken over ownership of the gov't. Recent changes to patent law (first to file) have tilted things even more in favour of large corps. All of the regulation increasingly favours large corps. It is increasingly difficult to start a successful small business.

Its not pro-corp, its anti-business period. Obama is anti-capitalist.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It may be a chitty time for starting a new biz, but I'm seriously considering it due to conditions at my current job.

I recently received notice that I passed my final hurdle with the State and now have all the licensing my trade requires me to have to start go into business for myself. Will I, or won't I? Time will tell. If I do, it'll just be me and possibly my wife-no other employees.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I would. Lots of money to be made.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 3,427 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,469
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.