Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Huh.. Looks like they may need a bunch of "Nerve Pills" & industrial strength tinfoil in da house. Crazy bastids. Statists should stop reading here. Nothing to see.. cool

Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army...

...The hearing itself was unusual, as questions about the department's ammunition purchases until recently had bubbled largely under the radar -- on blogs and in the occasional news article. But as the Department of Homeland Security found itself publicly defending the purchases, lawmakers gradually showed more interest in the issue.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...re-rounds-per-person-than/#ixzz2RZnChId1

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't you wonder why they need all this ammo to use inside the borders of this country ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Didn't you guys see all the ARs with hicap mags going after two mooselimbs in Boston? That takes lotsa ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chaffetz, who chairs one of the House oversight subcommittees holding the hearing Thursday, revealed that the department currently has more than 260 million rounds in stock. He said the department bought more than 103 million rounds in 2012 and used 116 million that same year -- among roughly 70,000 agents.
Comparing that with the small-arms purchases procured by the U.S. Army, he said the DHS is churning through between 1,300 and 1,600 rounds per officer, while the U.S. Army goes through roughly 350 rounds per soldier.

116 million divided by 70 thousand officers is 1657 rounds per officer per year.

1600 rounds per year ain't jack....
50 rounds per month to train + 50 rounds to qualify quarterly = 800 rounds
Add in a decent 3 day class during the year and you're over 1600
OR 100 rounds per month plus qualifications = 1400 + 1 day basic class = > 1600

Do they NEED all those bullets? That depends on your perspective.
Is 1600 per officer conspiracy worthy? Not hardly.

If I were to recommend a number to keep a department is good shooting condition, it'd be about 1600 rounds per year....I go through more department ammo than that per year, plus all that I buy myself.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The left are the ones that should be all over this.

We need less ammunition in America ... not more. grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Chaffetz, who chairs one of the House oversight subcommittees holding the hearing Thursday, revealed that the department currently has more than 260 million rounds in stock. He said the department bought more than 103 million rounds in 2012 and used 116 million that same year -- among roughly 70,000 agents.
Comparing that with the small-arms purchases procured by the U.S. Army, he said the DHS is churning through between 1,300 and 1,600 rounds per officer, while the U.S. Army goes through roughly 350 rounds per soldier.

116 million divided by 70 thousand officers is 1657 rounds per officer per year.

1600 rounds per year ain't jack....
50 rounds per month to train + 50 rounds to qualify quarterly = 800 rounds
Add in a decent 3 day class during the year and you're over 1600
OR 100 rounds per month plus qualifications = 1400 + 1 day basic class = > 1600

Do they NEED all those bullets? That depends on your perspective.
Is 1600 per officer conspiracy worthy? Not hardly.

If I were to recommend a number to keep a department is good shooting condition, it'd be about 1600 rounds per year....I go through more department ammo than that per year, plus all that I buy myself.

This. I never did feel the armed forces shot nearly enough...

Never mind the fact that the wife and I went through upwards of 20,000 rounds a year when we were practicing and competing....

BUT never get to the point where you are not keeping watch or ignoring the .gov.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep in mind, not all of those agents actually do any shooting. They have lots of lawyers and secretaries. I've seen estimates that only about 10% of Army personnel actually engaged in combat in WWII. I can't imagine that DHS would be more. In fact, I think it would be less.

So that same napkin math means each actual shooter has about 16,570 rounds.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember in 1979 we "fam-fired" 5 rounds thru rifle that year on the range and didn't fire 45's at all. Reason we were told was there wasn't enough ammo in stockpile if we had to go into Iran.

Dunno what this statement of mine really has to do with the thread simply remembering back then. We were a marine reserve rifle company and naturally we qualified every year at the range. Rifle and handgun. However I agree we never fired live ammo enough. Weapons plt were worse off than us. They hardly ever got to live fire mg's or mortars. Let alone anti-tank stuff.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Another joke We The People pay for

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Most agencies don't qualify monthly, Some if lucky qualify every 3 months?

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Plinker
Didn't you guys see all the ARs with hicap mags going after two mooselimbs in Boston? That takes lotsa ammo.

DHS responded to the Boston attack?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Secretaries aren't "agents". Accountants aren't "agents".

And Jeff made a good point I meant to bring up....If the 350 number is for actual Army shooters and not everybody, I'd say that's waaaay to little. And the solution for the inequity is more ammo for the Army.

My money is betting the Army figure is per soldier, not per actual combat troop.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

In the search in Watertown:

Over the course of the night, at least three officers were injured, but the gathered forces were estimated in the thousands. The law enforcement in Watertown included SWAT, FBI, National Guard, Homeland Security and ATF, according to various sources. Figures ultimately were estimated Friday at between 6,000 and 10,000. �I have never before seen this show of force,� said Josh Brogadir, a NECN anchor who was on the scene.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

Travis

Over the course of the night, at least three officers were injured, but the gathered forces were estimated in the thousands. The law enforcement in Watertown included SWAT, FBI, National Guard, Homeland Security and ATF, according to various sources. Figures ultimately were estimated Friday at between 6,000 and 10,000. �I have never before seen this show of force,� said Josh Brogadir, a NECN anchor who was on the scene.

That quote doesn't make any sense. What part of DHS was there? FEMA? Coast Guard? TSA? Customs?

That's akin to me stating the DOJ was there.

I'm not stating they were not there, I'm just asking if they were.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All Homeland Security has to do is detail to the committee how those rounds are used by it's agents and discussion will be over.

As said at the end of the article:

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who chairs the full Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said he suspects rounds are being stockpiled, and then either "disposed of," passed to non-federal agencies, or shot "indiscriminately."

If that is the case, he said, "then shame on you."

It's his job to make sure that the ammo isn't being sold out of the back of the warehouse or being flown over to Syria by other agencies.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Esox357
Most agencies don't qualify monthly, Some if lucky qualify every 3 months?

We have a 50 round qualification annually, along with mandatory 50 rounds of training per month.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking most here have no clue who "DHS" is.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by RWE

Travis

Over the course of the night, at least three officers were injured, but the gathered forces were estimated in the thousands. The law enforcement in Watertown included SWAT, FBI, National Guard, Homeland Security and ATF, according to various sources. Figures ultimately were estimated Friday at between 6,000 and 10,000. “I have never before seen this show of force,” said Josh Brogadir, a NECN anchor who was on the scene.

That quote doesn't make any sense. What part of DHS was there? FEMA? Coast Guard? TSA? Customs?

That's akin to me stating the DOJ was there.

I'm not stating they were not there, I'm just asking if they were.

Travis

Saw a few pictures with ICE agents running around.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There is no need for tinfoil, everything is all good and the way it should be.

South Bend Indiana, signatures forged to get Obama and Clinton on the ballot for president, those who did it in jail, Obama still in the white house

Pigford - Obama insisted on the payouts $4.4 billion in payouts, $130 million in lawyers fees for blacks, Hispanics, women, Native Americans who claimed discrimination. George Soros claimed BreitBart was making "stupid" conspiracy claims.

DHS buying 1000 cartridges per employee says there not storing while at the same time air traffic controllers are furloughed.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Travis,

I've seen no official reports on the DHS response, just sporadic pics identifying armed officers, some tactical, some standard, some plain cloths as DHS officers.

Web fu is spotty on getting anything substantial:

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,128
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.