Hop To
Page 63 of 229 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I like Texas. Been there, know folks from there, recently got a job offer there. Very tempting.

I've only been to tx once for hunting but it was fun. Year round critters to shoot wouldn't suck.

Texas, for the most part does not have the majestic views one gets in the western states, Canada and Alaska. Nothing like the Smokies, Appalachians or Addirondacks. Some elk in far west Texas, but for the most part, no bear, elk or Moose.
Do have antelope and prarie dogs up around the panhandle/Amarillo area.

The gulf coast is hot and humid. We do have good wing shooting of ducks and geese and fishing opportunities afforded by the Gulf of Mexico and offshore. Alligators a plenty, snipe, squirrel and nutria.

I think I've heard it said that the area near Kerrville Texas has the 3rd healthiest climate in the US. Low humidity and temperate winters. Summer can get pretty hot. Two years ago I 'bout got heat stroke working of an afternoon when it was 116 degrees F.

If one was to settle in the hill country he could have quick access to numerous species of deer, goats, sheep. Fishing in rivers and streams. Wing-shooting of dove and quail. We're over-run with Rio Grande turkey.

Varmints the like of starling, turtles, ring tail cats, crows, squirrel, badgers, coons, possum, fox (mostly greys), coyote.

Hogs and varmints can be baited, snared, trapped, 24/7/365, typically by any means (no dynamite).

If'n your a bike rider, the "three twisted sisters" or out to the Big Bend area can be a mighty fine ride.

Then there's the music scene in Austin, New Braunsfels and to a
degree, Houston.

No state income Tax
friendly people (for the most part)

Course from some folk's view, there are some downsides..........

Guess you heard the one about the Texan that was in a bar drinking. Found himself sitting with a Mexican on one side and a fellow of mid-eastern extraction on the other.
After sever shots of tequila, the Mexican jumps up, throws his shot glass in the air, draw his machete and shatters the glass as it was falling. He shouts "viva Mexico" and says, "we have so many shot glasses in Mexico, we don't have to drink out of the same one twice".
A couple more shots and the Iranian jumps up and throws his shot glass in the air, pulls an AK-47 and clips the glass as it's falling. He sez "Allah Akbar, we have so much sand in Iran we can make all the glasses we want and don't have to drink out of them twice". Well the Texan is nursing his Jim Beam and after a few minutues he pushes his chair back, calmly get's up, hitches up his two gun rig, pushes his Stetson back on his head, smiles, pulls his six-shooters and shoot both the Mexican and Iranian between the eyes. He's heard to say as he strolls out of the bar, "We got so fcukin' many Messkins and ragheads in Texas, we dont have to drink with them twice.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/27/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Nice porkers there GW and Kaleb. smile

[Linked Image]

yeah,

but yours have better "toofers"

Best

GWB

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe
Is this the thread where you just stop by to insult people youve never met in person?

If so...Deflave...GFY!

Oh...wait, I Have met Deflave in person....

All the more reason...GFY! laugh

This is the thread where we ask Boxer questions.

GFY!

Travis

Like hypothetically questions such as:

"Boxer, how did you become some a moronicdumphuck? Where you born that way or went and got a degree in Moronicdumpuckitude at your local community college? Why are your groupies in your man harem, even bigger moronicdumphucks than you are, and all seem to have homofantasies they love to slide in on their posts? When are you going to admit that "TX Naive" is just an alias handle you also use? "

For questions to Schtick on stuff like that?

I'm all ears!

(on the flip side here Schmuck, I am PMCOTC for the rest of the weekend and going to an annual scouting event...so you'll have to wait until Sunday for me to be able to read the AK gibberish response I am sure you are already meticulously crafting at this very moment... complete with pics to impress yourself thinking how impressed your man harem will be... have fun crafting your riveting response... and try and use some new material instead of the same old recycled cut and paste insults... your posts are getting to be like reading the same newspaper every day, with the same old headlines as last week...try to IMAGINE something new for a change.... ya short moronicdumphuck backwoods midget)

Slavely and TexASS Naive will be along shortly to add their witty insults to this post... Slavely is the smarter of the two, so at least his will have some new material... but old TexASS Naive, will do the same old " you aren't gonna rock Stick back on his heals, with your whiny 12 yr old vagina.... whatever".. who said I had any intention of trying to rock Schmuck back on his heals? besides you should be happy.... you know he loves the attention and lives to post his one post a day on this thread...and spends hours on crafting it all together...

Actually Schtick... I do give a rat's ass about every word you say...so here I am offering you the rat's ass each of your posts deserve... grin

[Linked Image]

As they say in Rome : bonum habere vobis fatuis volutpat.!!!!! whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

Yessir,
draw an imaginary line, between the ear and shoulder and place your bullet two inches below the ear at that line.

At 150 to 200 yds. on a target that's constantly moving taken with the lag time between when your brain sez "squeeze" and your finger actually does, the sear drops, the firing pin slams the primer, the bullet exits the muzzle and the bullet stikes, things ain't always perfect.
But when a plan comes together..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

they are DRT.

and with a quick flick of a blade and the head comes right off. No twisting, no sawing no muss, no fuss.

[Linked Image]

course from time to time they move six or eight inches,

[Linked Image]

then one usually ends up tracking,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8185.jpg[/img]

usually, at night, on hands and knees through as Johnny Horton put it "through the briars and the brambles where a rabbit couldn't go".
So much fun crawling on your hands and knees with a flashlight in one hand and a pistol in the other thinkin', I'm miles from nowhere, nobody knows where I am, after almost 50 years of doing this, one day my number is going to come up. Good reason to wear a headlight. That way you can hold a knife in the other hand.

Then I start thinkin' about

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0638-1_zpsf4c3f73b.jpg[/img]

sittin' around with my buds having a toddy and lying like a rug about how big that hoglet was that I shot an hour ago. In my old age that's beginning to seem like the better part of valor.

Conseqently I try to make sure those piggies are DRT.

Best,

GWB

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn GDub...

you handle more 'pork' than a Chicago Democrat....

guess the guys selling store bought meat must hate your existence!

must really confuse Schtick, when someone says they are going home and 'pork the wife'....

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

Yessir,
draw an imaginary line, between the ear and shoulder and place your bullet two inches below the ear at that line.

At 150 to 200 yds. on a target that's constantly moving taken with the lag time between when your brain sez "squeeze" and your finger actually does, the sear drops, the firing pin slams the primer, the bullet exits the muzzle and the bullet stikes, things ain't always perfect.
But when a plan comes together..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

they are DRT.

and with a quick flick of a blade and the head comes right off. No twisting, no sawing no muss, no fuss.

[Linked Image]

course from time to time they move six or eight inches,

[Linked Image]

then one usually ends up tracking,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8185.jpg[/img]

usually, at night, on hands and knees through as Johnny Horton put it "through the briars and the brambles where a rabbit couldn't go".
So much fun crawling on your hands and knees with a flashlight in one hand and a pistol in the other thinkin', I'm miles from nowhere, nobody knows where I am, after almost 50 years of doing this, one day my number is going to come up. Good reason to wear a headlight. That way you can hold a knife in the other hand.

Then I start thinkin' about

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0638-1_zpsf4c3f73b.jpg[/img]

sittin' around with my buds having a toddy and lying like a rug about how big that hoglet was that I shot an hour ago. In my old age that's beginning to seem like the better part of valor.

Conseqently I try to make sure those piggies are DRT.

Best,

GWB
Geedub,really do like the color on the first hog,is that a common color or rare?

Also looks like you have life figured out,except for the chasing of wounded hogs,at night,on hands and knees.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, we like rainbow colored peegs, eh?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B "DRT" D

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GWB....I'm looking at the rifle and prayin' to God you don't wear the purty off'n that shootin' pigs. Not that there's anything wrong with a Euro-classic whackin' pigs.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B "DRT" D
Yes smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

B "DRT" D

You da' man BD.

Shorts to the ear. Mighty fine.

Anyway, as to wearing off the purdy.

That�s what they make Tru-Oil for, especially if you subscribe to Boxer's methouud of barrel break-in. LOL

I�ve an Eberlestock Gunrunner pack I carry rifles in. Slide it in, wrap a sweat-rag around the exposed portion of the stock and secure it w/ a bungee. Good to go.

What�s the old saying, don�t tell my mom I work in the oil fields, she thinks I�m a piano player in a whore-house.
I may not have much class, and the Hill Country Hoglets, may not get much respect either, but don�t mean the firearms they get killed with can�t have class.

[Linked Image]

My latest pig-whacker. Merkel K1, stalking rifle, 9.3 x 74R, 1.8 x 5.5 Ziess Conquest.

[Linked Image]

286 Gr. partitions @ +/- 2,250 fps ought to make an impression.

I took it with me when I went several weeks ago, sat out one morning and two evenings, got skunked. Well it won�t be but a couple weeks and I�ll try again with the 9.3 x74. It�s past time to bloody that rifle.

Best

GWB

PS: I say I'm just one rifle away from being satisfied. Maybe if I'd ever stop buying them, I could afford to go on a quality hunt. But then I'd probably have to hire a guide. Then it wouldn't be DIY but DAHS (do as he sez). That's hard for an un-reconstructed sixties iconoclastic,used to be long-haired but now bald, Texas red-neck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
9point3x74rimmed......gonna over penetrate. laugh

'Nuther purty one it is. Seems to shoot tolerably well.

I gotta make an admission. The ear shot is not my favorite. Try as I might it's beyond my ability to make the dam things pose just right, so given the near proximity there are three ways I shoot 'em. BTE (HAR....behind the ear), BTE (HAAAARH...between the eyes) and TTN (Haaarh...thru the neck). Pair that's restin' in the bed of the truck took it betwixt the eyes. Momma fell over dead, the young'n got all indignant and started huffin' and puffin' 'till I served up fair and balanced. I love a happy ending.

There's things to consider when, where and what you shoot with. My motto: "Shoot 'em where they live."

B "BTE" D

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And don't worry 'bout me tellin' your Momma where you work. I used to be a helicopter pilot and truly understand your situation.

Years back I got chastised by my CO for not writing Mom from the Zone. Red Cross had been in touch and all that.

So I sez to the ol' man, 'Geez Major, sir, I done wore out all the "Dear Mom, it's hot and humid." chitt. I didn't figure it was a good idea to tell her that two of my stick buddies got flamed yesterday and I killed 174 of Uncle Ho's chillin' with devastating and withering minigun fire. And napalm and other chitt.' He sez back, "You're my boy, keep up the good work!".

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love horses....... cause they make the best coyote bait.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

I'm all ears!

Do they use yours for handles?

You've seen alotta dick in your day.
Miles and miles of pecker has come your way. (Carrington)

P.S. didn't want you to be disappointed. You seem to crave abuse AND dick.

Have fun on the BWT.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wageslave

Yea if you kill the horse the yotes will come, but the way these little jack donkeys my neighbor has gets on them yotes I doubt they are very bait on the hoof.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wageslave

Yep I bet they would after they was dead.

We just enjoy riding them. Have a pretty good time doing it. Horse riding pics might be like fishing....very fun to do but pics of it do no justice?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sammo,

Dancin' Boots is held in the highest esteem,here along The Milford.

One never knows where the Dance will take 'em.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Other than you just KNOW...it ain't gonna be Indoors.(grin)

As to Horses,it'd be nice to have Bill Gates' checkbook,as I'd launch a Lippizaner Stallion outta a catapult every morning,after my morning pizz and would stitch same with a tracer spittin' M1A,as it flew into the brick wall.

I'd give copies of the videos away to the needy.(grin)

David_',

It had [bleep] well better be a 7 Whizzum Montucky of Movie Fame.(grin)

The spares better be too.

[Linked Image]

Ain't a 6-284 overbore?!!?

Kaleb,

I weren't poking fun...but gotta admit that your version of "good",ain't.

Appreciate the "hard charging" pursuits,aboard the Pavement Pony Parade.

Laffin'!

Gee',

PLEASE tell me that you are the "Taxidermist"!??!

Holy [bleep] dog schit...could it be THAT [bleep] funny?!!!?

Laffin'!

We oughtta trade rifles for a few weeks.

Re-laffin'!

'Cub,

Of COURSE it's the same. You are gonna ride the couch,roll another hour meter on your [bleep] and valiantly attempt to be the first Do Nothing [bleep] to Whine herself happy.

It sure as [bleep] ain't like you are gonna get off your [bleep],open the front door and go outside.

As per always...groovin' on your pics and the fascinating Tutorial of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Bless your heart.

Shefire,

Oh my...you are gonna go on the BWT you've been waiting and saving for all [bleep] year! I'm sure it is going to be a grandiose "hard charging" Adventure,ripe with Outdoors opportunity. Laffin'!

I dare you to take pics and Post same.

Wow +P++!

Eddy,

Stick a road flare in a Horse's azz,chamber a round,kick back and gun the Critters headed for the BBQ.

Old Injun' Trick.(grin)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boxer

As to Horses,it'd be nice to have Bill Gates' checkbook,as I'd launch a Lippizaner Stallion outta a catapult every morning,after my morning pizz and would stitch same with a tracer spittin' M1A,as it flew into the brick wall.

This made me cry I was laughing so hard.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That's cool you don't like horses...no biggie. I ain't much on logging. Nothing against it though. I like fishing and love eating fish but would much rather grill a burger and ride horses. No love lost and still appreciate info reguarding bullets and what not. Ill just keep suffering being me and wish you all the best....grin

....I don't savy hard charging? I simply posted pics of us at play granted not great quality pics. Can promise I wasn't trying to impress you with horses no more than you was trying to impress me with pics of guns knives and fish laying in a creek. Ill give credit where its due and the pics you take of said items in the creek are very nice quality. You have nice cameras and take good pics.

Now as far as the insults go(I think insults?).....you can do better than pavement parade and calling my stock sway back. If only because its obvious from the pics that's not the case. I will help you though. My truck is old and has a cracked windshield. I've not been working out as I did and my belly is growing. I'm not very good looking. I don't make a lot of money.

On the other hand. I run fast twist tubes and shoot high bc bullets. I kill stuff and just ate some of a critter I killed. I use Ingram 30v blades at times along with Vicky's. I stay outside and have a blast. My wife and friends do same. Said wife has big titts and we're both young.......so I guess I'm pretty awesome....grin.

Last edited by Kaleb; 04/27/13.

Page 63 of 229 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (22kHornet, 160user, 12344mag, 2UP, 35, 18 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.