Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Forgive my ignorance,but what eactly is the nature of this panic? Are the panic buyers afraid that .22 ammo will never again be available? Are they concerned that when it comes back it'll be 5x the usual price? Those are really the only two concerns I can see that would cause otherwise reasonable people to act this way.

Not being able to shoot as much as I wanted would suck,but it's hardly the end of the world. If I had a brick of .22 on hand,it could be made to last a long,long time if I only used it when I actually needed to. If I was supposed to pay exorbitant prices for .22 ammo,plus stand in line for 3 hours to do so, I think I'd just spend a bit less time plinking and some more time fishing or something. How badly do people want to shoot holes in tin cans? Hope it doesn't work it's way up here,but I'm sure we will see an impact at some point. Hopefully sanity returns,and soon.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Capitalism at work?

A few people have most of the money, and most of the people do not seem to find it strange.

A few people are buying all the ammo they can secure, and most of the people are going without, or paying double retail or some such. We all seem to find that strange.

There seems to be an abundance of 5.56 available, as long as you are willing to pay 85 cents, or shoot South African corrosive and such.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's not an ammo shortage, it's a super-abundance of dumbazzes. End of story.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I have great disagreement with the claim "stores are receiving the same amount as always"

I stop in often at a large well known source of retail reloading components,

The clerks and even the Manager will tell you they have had stuff on back order for months, even a year....

This is what I am experiencing in Sioux City, Ia.

It is not that as soon as ammo hits Wally World, people are buying it. It is that my 2 local Walmarts have not seen a 525-pack Federal .22LR bulk pack since Christmas.

WTF??

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Spot on. Gotta remember that line.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jnyork

Spot on. Gotta remember that line.

Feel free to use it any time. d:^)

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Naaaaaa....I think there are way too many gun owners and thus, high demand for ammo.

How about we take away all the guns and then the ammo shotage is eliminated.

Simple! crazy

I know. GFM! :-)

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
lemmings.

Gunner

Armed lemmings.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NH K9
I heard some dude named Travis and another, larger, dude with an epic beard were driving store-to-store and buying it off the dock. From Montana to Maine, back-and-forth!

That's my story.........

George

Negative! I only buy what I know I need.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Forgive my ignorance,but what eactly is the nature of this panic? Are the panic buyers afraid that .22 ammo will never again be available? Are they concerned that when it comes back it'll be 5x the usual price? Those are really the only two concerns I can see that would cause otherwise reasonable people to act this way.

Not being able to shoot as much as I wanted would suck,but it's hardly the end of the world. If I had a brick of .22 on hand,it could be made to last a long,long time if I only used it when I actually needed to. If I was supposed to pay exorbitant prices for .22 ammo,plus stand in line for 3 hours to do so, I think I'd just spend a bit less time plinking and some more time fishing or something. How badly do people want to shoot holes in tin cans? Hope it doesn't work it's way up here,but I'm sure we will see an impact at some point. Hopefully sanity returns,and soon.

Originally? I figured everybody was fearing some bizarre Executive Order or state bans on the amounts of ammo you could buy at one time.

Now? Dickheads.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by FlaRick

Total BS. I've been in plenty of Walmarts and various sporting good stores and haven't seen one of these famous ammo lines yet. All I see are empty ammo shelves.

And, if you think that a reporter knows how to count a crowd ...

I live in the middle of nowhere and people have been driving 120 miles one way to buy whatever they can.

Travis

Humm, I always thought of Havre as the 'Heart of the Hi-Line', not the middle of nowhere... wink

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
For every gun customer we get we see 3-4 looking for ammo. Brian had to go to a 2 box limit to keep it on the shelves for more than a day. He also holds back 2 boxes per gun for sale so he can provide a new buyer with some when they buy a gun.

Just good sales practice to keep as many people happy as he can.
My little local shop does the same thing. I have no problem with that. He also is selective about who he sells ammo to. He gives preference to his established customers. Having bought multiple guns in there, I'm a welcomed customer, and while I don't get a truckload at a time, if I go, and the owner's there, he always has a box of .22 for me. Yesterday, I stopped out there and he had taken a very rare day off to hunt turkey-no ammo for me, as his helper didn't know me. 'Sure he had some, but I wasn't known to him, so no ammo for me. His business, his rules. I'll catch the owner next weekend and get some.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If a brick of .22 would last you a long, long time, you don't have a hunting family that wants and needs to practice their shooting and scope skills. And we still hunt small game.

BTW Ammo prices have never gone down. Prices are as low now as you will ever seen them.

Insanity was electing this undocumented alien to office.

stumpy

Last edited by stumpy; 04/29/13.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN

Humm, I always thought of Havre as the 'Heart of the Hi-Line', not the middle of nowhere... wink

Well, not the middle of nowhere by Montana standards... grin

Travis

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick

Total BS. I've been in plenty of Walmarts and various sporting good stores and haven't seen one of these famous ammo lines yet. All I see are empty ammo shelves.

And, if you think that a reporter knows how to count a crowd ...

Then you need to get out more. I was in one to buy some damn turkey ammo. The line was 150+ deep by the time the store opened. I was about the only one that didn't have the 10 boxes of allowed ammo in the check-out line. The .22lr and .223 ammo was gone in less than 10 minutes and there was A LOT of it.

The store passed out coffee and doughnuts to those of us in line and a $10 gift card to the first 100 in line. They ran out of gift cards but it paid for over half the cost of the ammo I did buy.

So I call BS to your "government is buying it up" crap. After listening to the BS being floated around in the line, I'll not wait in one again. Most of them needed to get out more...a lot more.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Yep.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I have great disagreement with the claim "stores are receiving the same amount as always"

I stop in often at a large well known source of retail reloading components,

The clerks and even the Manager will tell you they have had stuff on back order for months, even a year....

This is what I am experiencing in Sioux City, Ia.

It is not that as soon as ammo hits Wally World, people are buying it. It is that my 2 local Walmarts have not seen a 525-pack Federal .22LR bulk pack since Christmas.

WTF??

Find a new walmart. Fleet Farm had it yesterday at 1130am and it was gone before the pallet was emptied to the shelf.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
are the gun ranges empty right now?

I know I don't want to shoot up any ammo because I wouldn't have the patience to put up with that stand in line horseshit just to buy a brick of .22's.

Its not like I was buying Remington or Winchester ammo at post Obama prices anyways.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
are the gun ranges empty right now?

I know I don't want to shoot up any ammo because I wouldn't have the patience to put up with that stand in line horseshit just to buy a brick of .22's.

Its not like I was buying Remington or Winchester ammo at post Obama prices anyways.

Our range is as busy as ever.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
friend took a CCW this weekend and the cop giving the class was selling 9mm $20 for 50 rounds. I'm not sure if he had a limit or not. Also had a gun shop guy there to sell guns - thats a pretty good gig if you can find it - selling guns to people taking the CCW class.

The guy was $20 over Buds on most of his guns he had in stock. I'm gonna track him down this weekend.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.