Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
This could have been avoided by not letting the cops into the house.

"No officer, no one here dialed 9-1-1. Everything is fine. Have a nice day."

Nope. The 911 call came in. The person who answered the door was on parole. That whole residence is subject to search at any time without a warrant. That's a basic condition of parole.

I agree it could have been avoided. They could have come in, looked around, made sure no one was being injured, tried to figure out WHO called, and then left.

This was just bad all around.

Ed

We know that just from the first few minutes of the video.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 05/03/13.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a cop, but a my co-worker is a former one. He said that since she went to shut the door that in itself was enough as you ahve to maintain visual contact of your partner at all times. If that's true than ok, but still a little over the top for me.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
What do you mean by the visual contact? I understand in general from several levels, but she was attempting to close the door behind him. The visual contact would have never been lost.

And I agree with you that this was way over reacting by the trooper.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I don't agree with things but I do wonder why the video was edited and the background noise drowned out alot Could she have spit on or at him?

The newer smartphones, particularly the iPhones clip a LOT of audio. I have to deal with this everyday. It doesn't come as any surprise at all to me and I don't believe it has been edited at all.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hudge
I'm not a cop, but a my co-worker is a former one. He said that since she went to shut the door that in itself was enough as you ahve to maintain visual contact of your partner at all times. If that's true than ok, but still a little over the top for me.

Ok, so let me get this straight:

If a cop is walking out of your house, and you go to close the door behind him, he can throw you to the ground and charge you will assult because closing the door could cause him to loose visual contact with you????

Your friend IS KIDDING, right???

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
gitem_12, PM inbound

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
The more that comes out, the worse it looks for the troopers in my opinion. Am I the only one surprised that the second trooper was a male? I thought it was a bit of a dyke female.

Its the blue and yellow stripe down the leg.... the uniform screams dyke. laugh

She didnt touch him. Or spit on him... Read the GD link. She moved to close the door, as anyone does when someone is leaving their house. Trooper turns his back on her then over reacts...

Still GirlFriend gonna get payed!

Lesson here: NEVER LET THE POLICE IN YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT A WARRANT.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Coach_W

Did you miss the part about a parolee living there? They don't need a warrant.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If she's on parole probably don't have any rights.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Coach_W

Did you miss the part about a parolee living there? They don't need a warrant.

I guess I did miss that... I should have read the GD link closer laugh... Still a rule to live by for us non felons wink

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
IC B3

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Aren't we all?

We're only free because of the kind and gracious forebearance of the ruling authorities, don't you know...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Probably a good time to revisit this. A bit long, but it is a fascinating video.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Oh yeah...I was thinking of my house!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hoyt

What I understand from what I've read, is that the girl arrested was not on parole, but her boyfriend's mother. The mother is an owner (maybe renter) and is the one that let the cops in.

It's still not clear who is the owner of the pot plant nor who made the 9-1-1 call.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The dark haired chick said she made the call. You can see her near the end of the vid.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hoyt

What I understand from what I've read, is that the girl arrested was not on parole, but her boyfriend's mother. The mother is an owner (maybe renter) and is the one that let the cops in.

It's still not clear who is the owner of the pot plant nor who made the 9-1-1 call.

From what is on the video, the pot and bong are in the room where the girl and her boyfriend live, not in the main part of the house. It was the boyfriend's Mom who let the Troopers in and she was the one on probation or parole.

Ed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
After watching the Video, I would guess the Girl will get richer , the cop demoted or lose his job and the Tax Payer will foot the bill for more Police Stupidity and Abuse. When are the cops going to learn, everything they used to get away with is now on video and they can't just deny it like in the past?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
Maybe I missed something but I don't see anything wrong with the arrest. She was home free and the officer was leaving when it looked like she made a move on him.
If she did indeed make contact, however slight, I think it will go as a good arrest.

There you go. I saw that attempted assault right away. Besides, she was ugly, a loudmouth and a druggie. Lucky for her they didn't taze her mouthy azz.

Just glad the Trooper got home safe. That's the only thing that's important here.

Oh yeah, did I mention that she was ugly? The skank deserved what she got and more.

note to Webmaster - please add a sarcasm button.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Where would these situations be without iPhones and youtube?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Where would these situations be without iPhones and youtube?

Keep in mind, these cops KNEW they were being taped and still assulted and kidnapped her. Imagine what they would of done otherwise.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,963
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.