-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What you may not understand is that other cops who act so stupidly make it far more really dangerous for everyone else as the schitheads out there are always looking to push the envelope. It is NOT getting better and worse yet, it was very MUCH my experience that the "college boys and girls" that there is a penchant for hiring are much quicker on escalating the force levels. It has everything to do with when someone prerceives a real threat. Someone who has never had their asses kicked are more fearful in general and quicker on the trigger of force.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD
I sure am glad I am popping smoke in October.
Congratulations and best wishes to you, Allen. It was a pleasure to have met you and from the short time we spent together I could easily recognize you (and Ed) were truly one of the good guys. I, too, regret the direction law enforcement has taken in the last decade or two, but there is no doubt in my mind, you and many others on here did an honorable profession proud, and I thank you for that sincerely. But it's certainly not just law enforcement that has become something of concern, but the whole society, country, and in fact the whole world. I fear there is no going back to where we were, and am certain I don't like where we are. That may qualify as a dilemma. grin But one we all face and will have to deal with on our own terms. I'm sure we will. All the best to you, Officer.

If this thread lasts much longer, there will be somebody labeling them both as cop-haters and lumping them in with TRH on all future LEO threads. grin grin

FWIW....... I came thru WELCH,TX on my way home from Seminole yesterday. I saw reason to re-visit it in a couple weeks when the cattle are moved out.

Y'all are welcome. grin

What on earth were you doing in Seminole? Or Welch for that matter? That's just 10 miles downth road from me.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

FWIW....... I came thru WELCH,TX on my way home from Seminole yesterday. I saw reason to re-visit it in a couple weeks when the cattle are moved out.

Y'all are welcome. grin

There you go again, hijacking a perfectly good cop-hating thread with great news! grin

Time to dust off some gear. I told my lovely bride the other night that I needed to get out your way.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
yeah, the state of AK is going give her some money to support her drug habit. Bad call trooper.

They all go the same way....girl gets lawyer....lawyer fills paper work
years go by...state gives girl $$$$ .... girl pays lawyer $
cop sees that his career is over and gets a new job.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
It has everything to do with when someone prerceives a real threat. Someone who has never had their asses kicked are more fearful in general and quicker on the trigger of force.

Amen, Brother! We have a society where it's not OK to get into a fist fight, so academy recruits have NO idea what it's like to hit someone or get hit. They got their education about fights the same place they got their firearms skills, TV and the movies.

We had to make the recruits get on their knees to box because if we let them stand up they would never engage and hit each other. Then, once the academy was over, they were quick on the trigger when a confrontation was taking place because they didn't trust their own abilities to handle themselves.

It is evident from the video that the pretty boy with the sunglasses was that type. Did you hear him, in the video, AFTER the girl was in the back seat but not secured, telling the other Trooper that they needed to call for back up? shocked confused. BTW, the sunglasses propped up on his head would have NEVER happened when I was there.

You want someone to treat you like a professional, then act and dress like a professional.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I alweays said that if I were to make the hiring standards, I would NOT give much consideration to college degrees.

When everybody in America has a college degree, then half the college graduates in America will be dumber than the average American.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You want someone to treat you like a professional, then act and dress like a professional."

Contrary to popular mythology,THIS was the key to the old time Texas Sheriff's ability to successfully enforce the law in his county with less than a tenth of the personnel that are required in some cases nowadays.

Having a reputation as being a fair-minded man meant that he had ALL like minded citizens supporting him. It's really hard to get away with crimes if the whole county believes in Law Enforcement.

I think it's a "chicken-egg" argument as to whether the War on Drugs changed the citizenry, or the cops, first.

But it sure as hell changed their relationship.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I told you, Ed or Allen would have to kill you. grin

[you will have PM shortly]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"You want someone to treat you like a professional, then act and dress like a professional."

Contrary to popular mythology,THIS was the key to the old time Texas Sheriff's ability to successfully enforce the law in his county with less than a tenth of the personnel that are required in some cases nowadays.

Having a reputation as being a fair-minded man meant that he had ALL like minded citizens supporting him. It's really hard to get away with crimes if the whole county believes in Law Enforcement.

I think it's a "chicken-egg" argument as to whether the War on Drugs changed the citizenry, or the cops, first.

But it sure as hell changed their relationship.

Public perception of LE changed when the public agreed more LE was the answer to any problem relating to crime.

Quotas were raised. Standards were lowered. Dickheads were hired.

That video is a good example.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jim, when we hire a new officer usually a couple of the senior guys get to sit in on the oral interview. I'm not allowed anymore. Because I made one candidate cry

I bluntly asked her whether she looked at the toilet paper after she wiped or not.
She clammed up and began sobbing and said she wasn't answering such an embarrassing question. I then asked her how then did she ever intend on honestly answering an integrity question on the witness stand she had a meltdown right there. I was chastized for being cruel and told that she was a very well educated young woman and did not deserve Neanderthal treatment. She wasnt hired and I haven't been asked back

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I was ... told that she was a very well educated young woman. She wasnt hired ...

For the rest of her life, every time she looks at the toilet paper, she'll get a little tear in her eye.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by eyeball
There are some really great posts on this thread by some really great LEOs I'm thinking.

Several of these posts ought to be read by that Trooper.

BIG +1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Jim, when we hire a new officer usually a couple of the senior guys get to sit in on the oral interview. I'm not allowed anymore. Because I made one candidate cry

I bluntly asked her whether she looked at the toilet paper after she wiped or not.
She clammed up and began sobbing and said she wasn't answering such an embarrassing question. I then asked her how then did she ever intend on honestly answering an integrity question on the witness stand she had a meltdown right there. I was chastized for being cruel and told that she was a very well educated young woman and did not deserve Neanderthal treatment. She wasnt hired and I haven't been asked back

That settles it.

You're awesome.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
EW I just didnt like her disposition. Everything was about her accomplishments. I just got a sense that the world revolved around her And her whole demeanor just made the hair in my neck stand up. She may very well have made a good cop but when she got that bothered by a question that I thought should rank on the low end of the self conscious scale. What would she do in a real stressful situation. She is a children and youth worker now and apparently does well at that job.

We hired a 19 year old right outbid the academy whose only previous work experience was as a pizza delivery guy. He was scared of his own shadow and wouldn't take charge of a scene unless there were other guys there to cover him. He didnt last either

I've always felt that my best weapon is my ability to talk. Most of the time if I make the people I interact with see in just a good ole boy from the sticks. I normally don't have many escalated confrontations like the video. But there are exceptions, and i feel it's just as important of a weapon to know the difference

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I hire and fire in a similar environment to yours; where college degrees amount to more than over-priced TP.

We as a society have fed this idea that a degree is the path to a good life. A good life is one where you don't have to work (so much for putting in your time!) and everything can be about ME.

We've created monsters. I have college grads working for me who are less mature and have less work ethic than my 10 yo! They think the degree allowed them to arrive rather than just to enter the race!

Seriously though. That was a great way to illustrate that candidate's limitations!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would look for the guy/gal who has been a clerk in a Stop-n-Rob on the overnight shift. They know how to deal with people. I would also want for my hires to have spent a weekend in the lock-up for disorderly conduct.

....and make 'em teach for a year in a big city public school... grin

Constantly amazed here how similar these taped LEO altercations are to what can happen in the classroom.

He coulda defused that whole altercation with a simple "yes ma'am you're right" or some such, heck, ANYTHING positive other than lecturing her about her probable drug use.

Doesn't matter if she's yelling or screaming; if she's within her rights, she's within her rights, period. OF COURSE she was PO'd, as she repeatedly explains, who want Cops in their house?

Handle that situation correctly and always be pleasant and polite in the future and that whole family coulda ended up waving as they passed. Maybe even helped keep the general peace with timely information on other events in that community.

Or so it seems to me, but then EVERY verbal confrontation I have has about twenty witnesses.

Really? Alaska State Patrol is looking for hires? Damn, our lives are simply not long enough to do all the things we could, else I'd be filling out an app right now.....

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm thinking he's a trooper because he didn't want to deal with the schitt that teachers have to put up with.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't knock all college degrees. I have one. But my instructors all spent full careers as cops. One of them retired as chief of a local city dept another retired as the former commander of NYPD bomb squad. He was more than eccentric but a good prof. Another was a retired SP Lt. A judge and a lawyer. And was one of the best professors I had. Those teachers were the direct result of the college hiring a CJ program director who had walked the walk and talked the talk. Sadly I don't know if there is much of that being done anymore

Last edited by gitem_12; 05/04/13.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just a few words on this video.

Show Me THE MONEY!

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Except for getting a little cash out of this deal, the best thing she could have done was to say, get out of the house!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 260madman, 47 invisible), 3,209 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,600
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.