-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We use to get up early on Saturday mornings and watch Western Jamboree,the first show on after the test pattern

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by NH Hunter
don't forget Creature Double Feature, Saturday's at 1:00 on channel 38 out of Boston.

Cheer's was good, MASH, Bonanza

MY MAN! Nailed the station and time too. Most impressive! 'I Was a Teenage Werewolf' with Michael Landon type stuff to the Japanese cheeseball monster and horror flicks (the Mushroom Island one was great wink ) and all the traditional Bela Lugosi/Lon Chaney/Vincent Price flicks. One of the very best random ones was 'Attack of the Killer Shrews'. wink

How about Night Gallery on either 68 or 56? Then of course the Alfred Hitchcock Hour and Twilight Zone...

Thanks for the grin. These days, no one but my brother and I have any idea when CDF is mentioned. smile

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
When we first got TV (me a teenager) we received two channels. Bismarck was clear, Minot was snowy. Fortunately, Star Trek came thru on Bismark.

Now in Kotzebue, Alaska, I have a hundred plus channels, and the Weather Channel is the best of 'em...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Watching Bonanza right now and just finished Gunsmoke. Later it will be MASH then turned off. They are on daily and have become a bit of a routine down here for me.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beverly Hillbillies, Lost in Space, Daniel Boone & Davy Crockett. I think Fess Parker played both of them.
And I couldn't wait to see Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom every week.

Most episodes went some thing like this....

Marlin .... "let's stand back & see if Jim can ride that rhino"

Jim .... "somebody get this big fugger off of me!" laugh

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/06/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

F
F
I'm old enough to remember those days, and I don't miss them one bit!
Here in Florida, we have a TV station (WMOR-32) which plays some old sitcoms like The Patty Duke Show and Mister Ed.
My God! Those 1960's sitcoms were so lame!
TV sitcoms have been steadily improving over the years, starting with Mary Tyler Moore, Taxi, and Cheers.
Somewhere along the line, sitcom producers discovered they didn't need laughtracks to have a funny show (somehow The Big Bang Theory didn't get the memo).
When I was a kid back in the 1960's, I noticed several things about Bonanza which struck me as strange.
First, these supposedly rich ranchers always wore the same clothes, year in and year out.
Also, any woman who fell in love with any of the Cartwrights was doomed. She'd be killed off by the end of the show. That's just sick!
Lastly, any time a Cartwright traveled to a distant town on business, he'd always be arrested and falsely accused of murder or something.
It would seem the writers on that show were stuck in a rut!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Anyone elses TV station end the days broadcast with this?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Doggone. I must be hangin' out with a bunch of kids. shocked I not only remember almost all those shows, try these. How about Kukla, Fran and Ollie? CHannel 5, KPIX in San Francisco, the only game in town for whatever crap they broadcast, that's what you got. Came on the air about 2PM as I recal and that blasted puppet show ran until 6PM when we got some kind of news program. There was the Kraft Playhouse IIRC on Thursadys which was pretty good. The one I remember was 1984 where the pictures of Big Brother looked a lot like Ronald Reagan. After about a year we got another TV station, KGO channe 7. Programming started to improve and when KROC, channel started up we really had choices. cool I've picked up a few DVD's of old TV shows, one had Dragnet and Peter Gunn and I have a small set of Hopalong cassidy episodes as well.
We no longer watch TV per se, but run movies from our collection. We cancelled the cable (Comcast) and the commie newspaper just about a year ago and it's done wonders for the better half and me as well. Probably the best move we've ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukla,_Fran_and_Ollie
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Encore has a dedicated Western channel. During the late afternoon they show The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Maverick and a couple of others.

I'm a big Maverick fan.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I liked to laugh after a hard day and The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo made me do just that.....

One of my favorites from the past.

Jayco

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ultraman

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by amr7333

Anyone elses TV station end the days broadcast with this?

Isn't that aircraft the F-104, which the USAF never used?

Locally they showed an aircraft flying overhead with the message"Sleep well tonight, your Air Force is watching"

Last edited by websterparish47; 05/06/13.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Bonanza SUCKED. Just go back and watch it NOW. Liberal horsecrap even then was rampant on that show.

It was PC before there was PC.

Then it got worse. I can't even watch it now, it's so bad.

I can't watch MASH, either, liberal crap dressed in OD, is all it is.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I remember all those late night trips to the 24hour drugstore to run the tubes check.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 05/06/13.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 11 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 844 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,664
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.