Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Turnin 50 this year, just got a routine colonoscopy for the first time. Good thing I did. Doc removed 3 polyps. One of which was good sized and doc said may have turned cancerous in 3-5 years. He said, what I thought was minor hemoroid symptoms, probably was coming from the larger polyp.
Just sharing to encourage you older guys not to put off getting a colonoscopy for preventative reasons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ahh. Innuendo.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Laughin...next he's gonna tell us how good it feels...

In serious. Glad things turned out on the good side for ya

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got some framing quality shots of mine when I turned 60. Totally clean. Would you like me to post them? grin

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I got some framing quality shots of mine when I turned 60. Totally clean. Would you like me to post them? grin

"Post your colon."

That's worthy of a new thread. laugh

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't wait too long fellas.

I had to get scoped when I was 37, Dr. found a polyp at the far end that he said was the bad kind, the kind that almost definitely turns into Cancer if given enough time. It was removed and luckily tested negative.

Had a guy here in town that I went to High School with. He was 2 years older than me. He died at 40 because of Colon cancer, left behind a wife and a bunch of little kids.

A relative of his told me he had been ignoring the symptoms for years and by the time he got checked, it was too late...

Don't think it's just something that happens when you get older, get yourself checked out.

My Dr. knocked me out completely. Only thing I remember is telling some Butt jokes with the Dr. right before hand, and being put in my dad's truck after the fact.

Would be silly to die from something that is preventable....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll have my 4th next year at 56. My dad had colon cancer so they started me younger at age 41.

My 1st wasn't a plesant experience. I did not get enough medicine before and was wide awake during the whole procedure. Watched on the monitor and drove myself home. Other than drinking the fluid and emptying my colon the night before the last 2 have been much more pleasant.

They also found a couple os small non-cancerous spots on my 1st, but the last have been clean.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does this mean he is now a perfect @$$hole? kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
oh boys you aint done nuttin yet wait till they stick a camera up the old drain pipe on the other side.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cant wait.... shocked

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rmorgan736
oh boys you aint done nuttin yet wait till they stick a camera up the old drain pipe on the other side.

I've had that done. Make your eyes cross.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm due for a second - found one :pre-cancerous" on the first.

I don't mind the chittin time all that muchb ( I plan a good book), the intake doesn't taste all that good- chug-a-lug it, then breath. - unconcious for the best part... Best sleep I'd had in weeks. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
For one reason or another I've had 17 colonoscopy's. None have been painful as I was sedated and have no recall of the actual exam. Now the "clean out" the evening before was never "fun". Why men and women make such a big deal out of colonoscopy's I'll never know. They are life savers and well worth the time and expense. My Grandfather died from colon cancer and it wasn't pretty. I am 72 and had my first one at 26 and the next one at 50. My last one was four years ago and will have my next in a year. I have had colon surgery, but not because of cancer. I strongly urge all folks over fifty, or whenever your doctor recommends, to have one. please.

John

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
clean out is the worst part...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A friend told me that the drugs they give you loosen your tongue and you spill all kinds of personal details. I wasn't worried until the anesthesiologist turned out to be an attractive blonde lady. The last thing I remember was thinking "just keep yer damn mouth shut".

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regarding the clean out, which I hate and have done several times. Why can't you just fast for a few days?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 13 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,926
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.