Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Couldn't get in the field so went bowfishing instead. Caught them chasing pretty hard.It's the one time of year the bigger fish aren't near as spooky. Got 2 lined up doing the water tango and got them both on one stick.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry about the angle of the sun, wind was blowing me around and wanted to get back to the killin..

Found a trail that they were using to get through a patch of cattail, parked right there and got a lot of head shots.
[Linked Image]

34" arrow next to some of the Buffs.
[Linked Image]

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok. We need to meet up soon. My shootin buddy is out for a little while and the boat needs to be registered still (long story). Nice work. Now the better question is when will the weather cooperate for more than 15 minutes so I can get out and shoot.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
nice double. The one in the bottom photo next to the fish arrow is a pig.

water temps need to rise another 5 to 7 degrees before they start moving in here. Can't wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love the double!

Made that happen about twice, in a life time out of thousands of shots!

That is just cool!

How was the fight with those, they look nice sized.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the comments guys.

Glad I went that day, snowed 4" last night. Doubles are not real uncommon during the spawn, the males run side by side with the big females, I've actually got 3 on a stick at once before. Arrow placement sure was nice on these !! Have only done it early in the year though....after the spawn it's pure luck for me if I get a double,lol

They all fought like crazy, nothing like sticking a big fish!

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great post. I've shot a lot of fish, but don't ever recall a double.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive shot alot of fish too, but only ever got one double, and they werent nearly as big as the ones in the pic! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Absolutely awesome and impressive!!!

I don't know if the rule monitors will allow it, but I lay claim to one triple on buffalo in my life.
It is my understanding that the females swim along and the smaller fish that surround her are males that are rubbing up against her side to stimulate her in to laying some eggs... works for me, I guess.

I caught a trio swimming along like that in shallow flood waters and aimed to center punch the large fish in the middle. What I wound up doing was breaking the spine of the small guy closest to me, center punching the big gal, and ripping the bottom out of the gut of the small guy on the far side.
I recovered the small guy with the severed spine because he was dead in the water, the big gal because she was center-punched with a good fish arrow, and had to probe around to eventually retrieve the third guy.

That was almost 40 years ago and I still brag about my triple on buffalo, though they were nowhere near as solidly anchored as the pair you show above.

Another comment that I'd make is that people really under rate the quality of buffalo fillets - good white meat absolutely nothing like the darker and stronger flavored carp that many confuse them with.

Flood waters make for some great bow fishing, but my favorite is to catch the buffalo out of some of our Missouri lakes when they are up against the banks feeding on overhanging mulberries here in just a bit over a month from now.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Still just a bit early here in Ca Delta. We have been finding a few scholls here and there [and did shoot a couple 18# and a 25#er last Thurs].

The water is 1-2 deg colder here than a week ago even with all of the hot weather- must be the windy days or snowmelt cooling things down a bit.

Should be wide open in a week or so.

Last edited by B_Lance; 05/05/13.

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bow fishing....one of the things on my bucket list. My buddies have done it, but i havent had the chance to. Yet......

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Bow fishing....one of the things on my bucket list. My buddies have done it, but i havent had the chance to. Yet......

Same here, can't wait to try it! great fish!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,292
Posts18,525,751
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.