Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q

"I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness".
~ Ted Nugent
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sitka Blacktail

[Linked Image]

Th Salmon and Halibut are waiting...
[Linked Image]

The Skeena River...
[Linked Image]

I think someone shot Buttons anyways
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your save Buttons picture reminded me of a hunt we had back in 1989 or 1990 in Wyoming. We had obtained telephone permission to hunt on a property in the north end of the state. When we arrived the lady who owned the property told us she only had one restriction on what we did. We were not to shoot Bambi.

Who is Bambi we asked? She called out and a young buck trotted around the corner of the house wearing a red ribbon around his neck. This is Bambi.

Apparently she had found him abandoned and had raised him and he became her personal pet. Fortunately we located other animals and didn't bother her pet.

Through phone conversations a couple of years later we learned the deer had been killed by one of her neighbours.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Your save Buttons picture reminded me of a hunt we had back in 1989 or 1990 in Wyoming. We had obtained telephone permission to hunt on a property in the north end of the state. When we arrived the lady who owned the property told us she only had one restriction on what we did. We were not to shoot Bambi.

Who is Bambi we asked? She called out and a young buck trotted around the corner of the house wearing a red ribbon around his neck. This is Bambi.

Apparently she had found him abandoned and had raised him and he became her personal pet. Fortunately we located other animals and didn't bother her pet.

Through phone conversations a couple of years later we learned the deer had been killed by one of her neighbours.

Jim

Similar story with Buttons, except that, given the area, he must have spent most of his time on Crown land (public). In fact that poster was put up on Crown land. I would have certainly passed on him.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
You would have, I would have and any decent, civilized person would, unless actually starving, not too likely.

I have seen SO MUCH in terms of wasteful and cruel slaughter, killing pet dogs, domestic animals and,recently, a bunch of camo-clad, big truck driving, canned beer chuggin', lunchbuckets who were ENCOURAGING their sons, age 10-12ish, to shoot Douglas Squirrels with pellet guns, that I sometimes just feel like quitting hunting.

The scenario above, was up the "Santa Rosa Road", once the only highway from the coast into the Kootenays and it was a few years ago. One of the boys proudly told me, "no, we did not get any, but, WOUNDED one"..........

Local blue-collar workers, who were shocked that I would drive an old Corolla up there and stay alone in my mountain tent and even more shocked that I hiked to hunt and left my vehicle at my campsite. These are the "hunters" who are all too typical of what is happening in BC now and they will destroy us all by their azzholian behaviour.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife used to be a vegan - before we met. Her view of hunters was skewed. She tried venison and grouse after our first fall together and was hooked. She watched how "real" hunters don't shoot signs up, leave piles of empty shells and shot up TVs in the bush. She learned that we are actually environmentalists - that we care about our prey.

Last year she field dressed a deer by herself for the first time. She just passed her CORE and got her Hunter Number Card two months ago. She is ready to go on deer and elk for this Fall. I am really pround of her.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, Kristian, I have been fascinated with all aspects of the "outdoor life" since I was a "pre-schooler" and used to get my azz well whacked for going outside, along, age 5 to go out of the huge yard we had and into the "bush" across the street. I got out of school and into the BCFS as soon as I could and have an extensive life experience in hunting and all the allied activities,as well as having been politically active for decades in the cause of conservation.

Having been concerned with the obvious,growing social distaste for hunting and even angling as well as the slow creep of fascism in Canada, which WILL take ALL of our guns, Harper's charades about the LGR notwithstanding, I can see ONE positive and perhaps sustaining form of doing these sports. That is, exactly, what you have done and seem to be doing, to get others involved on the level of FOOD and this fits with the "organic" and "sustainable" credos of the contemporary "Boomer" political powerbrokers.

Will it increase and succeed? Frankly, I doubt it, the perversion of "nanny statism" have gone too deep and I think, sadly, that hunting is very close to it's demise here in BC and then in the ROC. However, as with the "registry", it is somehow enjoyable to "kick against the pricks" and see the stolid, cold and deadeyed faces of goons like "Reichfuhrer" Rock, grimace in disappointment.....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The experienced showing the rookie how to deal with ditch chickens

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the best type of moose to take imo.Nice and young.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7 STW
That's the best type of moose to take imo.Nice and young.

The meat from a calf is pretty tasty too...although we rarely take one of them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
[Linked Image]

Oh My God! That is my DREAM buck! The one I vision when I'm in the bow stand on a frosty morning!

Someday... smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Great pictures thanks for sharing I have been to BC twice beautiful would like to get back some day!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Momma with last years twins, taken with Iphone on my drive home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,195
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.