Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
What is a good rain suit bib for fishing and hunting. Something that won't get wet when you sit in a wet stand or rip when walking in brush? Thanks, Buckfever1

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good Question I am also looking

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the German mil-surp flecktarn camo gore-tex tops and bottoms that Sportsmansguide and Cheaperthandirt have been selling for several years. I recently bought some British mil-surp desert camo gore-tex from Sportsmansguide that is so good, so far, but the pants needed to have suspender buttons added and the jacket that I got in XL is more like a large than an extra-large, certainly not big enough to fit over cold weather gear unless I lose forty or fifty pounds.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, for many years on the walleye tour, I wore Cabela's Guidewear made with Gore-Tex. Wore them most every day in spring, or while fishing big water tournaments.

Having said that, when I was getting my equipment together for my trip to SE Alaska for a black bear hunt, I was convincingly persuaded to buy something that would really handle wet weather as gore tex would eventually get me soaked.

They, at least the campfire members from AK and those with extensive knowledge, suggested either Helly Hansen, or Grunden rain wear.

I purchased a set of HH Impertech II rain bibs and they are comfortable as well as truly waterproof. Still use them to this day and that's been almost 4 years ago.....

For what it's worth....

Keith

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well, for many years on the walleye tour, I wore Cabela's Guidewear made with Gore-Tex. Wore them most every day in spring, or while fishing big water tournaments.

Having said that, when I was getting my equipment together for my trip to SE Alaska for a black bear hunt, I was convincingly persuaded to buy something that would really handle wet weather as gore tex would eventually get me soaked.

They, at least the campfire members from AK and those with extensive knowledge, suggested either Helly Hansen, or Grunden rain wear.

I purchased a set of HH Impertech II rain bibs and they are comfortable as well as truly waterproof. Still use them to this day and that's been almost 4 years ago.....

For what it's worth....

Keith

Thanks for the info
It rains here in Alabama like a cow pissin on a flat rock
during hunting season.

Molan Labe
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
HH also is good at keeping the wind out.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like my HH Impertech, as it is a good compromise for a boat or hiking. Both HH and Grundens make a heavier set of rain gear, that is truly awesome for commercial fishing and the like, but is too much for hiking around in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Impertech!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We just got back yesterday from a SE Alaska bear hunt on Prince of Wales Island. We (the four of us) all wore various gore-tex rainsuits, which kept us more or less dry for 8 days.

Our guides, who have 18 and 8 years guiding and fishing in SE AK, dislike gore-tex and wear Guy Cotten and Grundens, respectively.

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I farm in Virginia. I use a pair of Calcutta brand rain bibs daily rain or shine all winter to use in my garden. I grow kale greens commercialy. I wear the bibs crawling around on my knees on cold muddy wet ground while cutting kale to sell in farmers markets and resturants. I think they are nylon and are medium thickness. Two years now and they are are still going strong. Knees holding up and 100 % waterproof. They cost me $75. When its raining or snowing, I use the Calcutta rain jacket with the bibs. This suit is tough as nails.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 32 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.