Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I loved this series and it seems that FOX is bringing it back!

24 Returns to FOX

Jack Bauer is coming back.

Fox executives said Monday that its drama "24" is returning next May for a limited run that will stretch into the summer. The adventure series with Kiefer Sutherland starring as Jack Bauer ended its original run in 2010.

Fox programming chief Kevin Reilly said creators had been thinking about doing a movie with the original cast. But when Fox announced it was interested in doing a big event miniseries, they realized it was the perfect format.

�They always had this idea of maybe someday doing a feature film,� he said. �I think they all agreed 24 being compressed into two hours is not 24.�

Sutherland said he was excited to see his character return to TV.

�The response to �24� is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,� Sutherland said in a statement. �To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from [producer] Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint...Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off.�

The network also announced a crop of 11 new series along with the miniseries from filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan for the 2013-14 season.

After changing the TV landscape with "American Idol," Fox is jumping on the miniseries bandwagon that started rolling with the History channel's hits "Hatfields & McCoys" and "The Bible."

"Wayward Pines," from Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense") and based on the best-selling novel "Pines," stars Matt Dillon in what Fox called a "mind-bending thriller" about the search for missing federal agents in an Idaho town. It will air in midseason.

"American Idol" is staying put on Wednesday and Thursday nights when it returns for its 13th season next January.

And in the upcoming season, Seth MacFarlane, creator of "Family Guy," ''American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show," will be trying his hand at a live-action sitcom. "Dads" stars Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi as best friends whose fathers (Martin Mull, Peter Riegert) become their new roommates.

J.J. Abrams ("Lost," ''Fringe" and the "Star Trek" movie franchise) is among the producers of "Almost Human," described by Fox as a high-tech action series set 35 years in the future. The drama debuting this fall stars Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Lili Taylor.

The second new fall drama is "Sleepy Hollow," a retelling of Washington Irving's classic 19th-century tale "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Timid schoolmaster Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) is resurrected 250 years in the future and discovers he must save the world from destruction.

"The Following," the Kevin Bacon drama about an alliance of serial killers that proved a hit in its freshman year, will be back on the schedule in midseason.

Fox's Tuesday-night comedy block, introduced last year, will get two new occupants this fall, "Dads" and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," which pairs Andy Samberg ("Saturday Night Live") and Andre Braugher ("Men of a Certain Age," ''Homicide: Life on the Street") as a hotshot detective and veteran captain.

"The Mindy Project" and "New Girl" will return to Tuesday, and the latter sitcom has earned the prized post-Super Bowl spot next February, Fox said.

Their block mate, "Raising Hope," is moving to Friday for its fourth season, where it will be paired with "Enlisted," about a man who returns home to reconnect with his two brothers and take charge of a group of misfits on a small Florida Army base.

Its cast includes Geoff Stults, who starred in the now-canceled "Ben and Kate." Other series canceled by Fox include "Touch," ''Goodwin Games," ''Mob Doctor" and the long-running "Cops," which has been picked up by the Spike network.

One new reality show, a cooking competition for youngsters ages 8 to 13 and with the working title, "Junior Masterchef," will debut in the fall with Gordon Ramsey among its coaches.

In midseason, Greg Kinnear will take on his first continuing broadcast series role in "Rake," a legal drama based on a hit Australian series of the same name.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...announces/?intcmp=features#ixzz2TC7HK36N

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Should be good. I always liked that series.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
saw that this morning, looking forward to it.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I hope Chloe is back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I hope Chloe is back.

I hope Kim Bauer is back...

[Linked Image]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes! I really like the 24 series

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really? I couldn't sit through one..... Seemed like the writers must have been on meth..... One manic action scene strung together with the next..... I'm all for well done action adventure stuff..... The few episodes I tried to watch were not....YMMV

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I hope Chloe is back.

That character was awesome!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Saw that today! Great show! One hundred thirty seven pages of Jack Bauer goodness.. cool

http://www.jackbauerfacts.com/facts/top/1

Just a taste.

Fact ID Rating << Previous Page 1 of 137 Next >>
#3638 3.68 There has not been a terrorist attack in the United States since Jack Bauer first appeared on television. OOPS..
#3426 3.64 Ordinary people have panic attacks. Chuck Norris has Jack Bauer's attacks!
#3629 3.64 Jack Bauer doesn't need to search the internet, he just stares a computer down until it gives him the information he needs.
#920 3.63 Terrorists dread the day in October that Daylight Savings Time ends. Jack Bauer gets 25 hours in which to kill them.
#3591 3.60 if Jack Bauer was Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.
#3297 3.60 jack bauer once shot himself ten times, just to prove that 50 cent is a bitch
#896 3.60 If everyone listened to Jack Bauer, the show would be called 12.
#915 3.59 Kiefer Sutherland drinks to forget all the terrible things Jack Bauer has done.
#3634 3.56 Jack Bauer once lost reception on his cell phone. 24 hours later AT&T announced that it would have more bars in more places.
#942 3.54 Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.
#3577 3.50 When Chuck Norris and Superman have sleep overs, they argue over who has the cooler Jack Bauer Pajamas...
#879 3.48 God had to give Jack Bauer immunity on the sixth commandment "Thou shalt not kill". If he hadn't, Jack would've considered God to be a terrorist and God knows what happens to terrorists.
#2727 3.46 Jack Bauer sleeps with a night light because the dark is afraid of Jack Bauer
#941 3.46 Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
#3340 3.45 Vin Diesel can be rearranged to say "I end lives." Jack Bauer can be rearranged to say "Jack Bauer," which means the same thing.
#2115 3.44 Jack Bauer is the only reason why Waldo is hiding
#1151 3.43 Jack Bauer refused a syringe at a blood bank. Instead, he asked for a gun and a bucket
#1062 3.43 Jack Bauer doesn't need a translator, torture sounds the same in every language.
#1271 3.42 Jack Bauer does not run out of ammunition. He simply lets everyone else have their moment to shine.
#3341 3.41 Harry Houdini is the world's second greatest escape artist. The First is Jack Bauer. I never saw Houdini bite a guy's neck in order to escape.
#905 3.41 Jack Bauer made a brief cameo in the film "Stand By Me" as the local bully. His character got so pissed off when the boys didn't let him take the dead body that seven years later, he killed River Phoenix. Jack Bauer never forgets.
#1321 3.38 Jack Bauer is what Willis was talking about.
#1310 3.38 Kryptonite is not really from Krypton. It is made from Jack Bauer's crap, that is why it can kill Superman.
#927 3.37 The war in Iraq will end when Jack Bauer vacations there.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I heard the Director of Homeland Security say on a radio talk show he had guys who made Jack Baur look like a girl scout. I'd like to believe that but, personally, I think he's fulla [bleep].

Too old to suffer fools
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

I hope Chloe is back.

I hope Kim Bauer is back...

[Linked Image]

This!!!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
GREAT SERIES,I hope they bring the whole cast back with him.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I luv that show..It doesn't get any better than Jack Baur and his man bag....It rates up there with Sons of Anarchy in my opinion,probably better...

Jayco

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by logcutter
Jack Baur and his man bag....I..

Jayco

That is large bag of "Whip Azz" wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Originally Posted by logcutter
Jack Baur and his man bag....I..

Jayco

That is large bag of "Whip Azz" wink

Jack Baur drives Chuck Norris to the studio.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe he goes to save obummer and gets stuck in traffic . . .

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a cousin who is "High Up" in the Homeland Security Dept.
I've already told him, next family reunion we have, I am gonna Kick your azz. Just for all the crap they have put me thru at the airports. Trust me, it won't be hard. Most are a bunch of wimps. I can't wait, but there seems to be some problem with his family finding time.....

I just have to laugh everytime I talk to my mom and she say's " that date doesn't work for Johnny's family".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The story ideas from [producer] Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint.

You mean they're not just more rehashes of a cop finding more ways to torture and kill people who haven't been convicted, charged, or even formally arrested for anything?

Hard to believe.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
24 is a soap opera for men�

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Really? I couldn't sit through one..... Seemed like the writers must have been on meth..... One manic action scene strung together with the next..... I'm all for well done action adventure stuff..... The few episodes I tried to watch were not....YMMV

I thought the same at first. And then I started watching at the beginning of a new season. Once you can follow the story line its much easier to see why it is a good, well written series.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.