Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by UncleJake
Compared to the Apostle Paul, I don't think I am close to being abrasive to my fellow Christians.

The Apostle Paul wasn't particularly focusing on Christians when he penned Romans 1.

I hear he also wrote a couple of other letters to.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If he had the balls to say it, why use a nom de plume to write the Dearborn Chronicles?

He didn't, and you got the name wrong.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"Christian Identity" is a self appointed name to a group of People identifying themselves as Christians.

I don't believe that it was self appointed,...just as I don't believe that Christmas was abbreviated to "X"mas by a Christian.

Things aren't always as they seem.

It pays to be dubious about such matters.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't hold every Jew responsible for the actions of the state of Israel any more than I hold every German responsible for the actions of the Nazi German regime. Lots of nice German folks and lots of nice Jewish folks. Likewise, lots of nice Arabs and Persians, regardless of the religious tradition within which they were raised. I take individuals for who they are and what they do, not what they are, or which religious tradition they happen to trace their ancestry to.

As for the Talmudic Jewish religion (not to be confused with the religion from whence came our Savior), however, I will state on theological grounds that it's positively evil in origin, right up there with Islam. They were both established in opposition to Christ's Kingdom, and Christ specifically referred to the progenitors of Talmudic Judaism as having the faith of their father the devil.

Come on Hawkeye, you are better then this.
Not when it comes to Jews, he's not. That's why I don't want anything to do with nutcase threads like this one. They speak for themselves on the surface, dig deeper and find deeper insanity.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
That's why I don't want anything to do with nutcase threads like this one.

Yet here you are.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And here you are, defending TRH's honor� how touching.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was close enough (it's been @20 years since I read the mimeographs). The point being that he wrote/dictated the articles, than claimed he knew nothing about them beyond the headlines. So no, he didn't use a pen name in the traditional sense, but he sure didn't want his name associated with it when the law suit came about. Hence, my point to his lack of balls in an admittedly oblique reference.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang Bristoe, it ain't often you expose your core beliefs.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Dang Bristoe, it ain't often you expose your core beliefs.

Don't you find that admirable?

Whether I agree with a man, or not, it's refreshing to know that such people still exist.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Come on Hawkeye, you are better then this.
Not when it comes to Jews, he's not.
The implication of your comment is defamatory. It's not anti-Jewish (in the sense of the ethnic group to which that term refers) to identify the origins of the religion of Talmudic Judaism as essentially anti-Christian. Nor is it anti-Jewish (in the same sense as above) to withhold one's support for the criminal actions of the state of Israel. Keep in mind that most states are guilty of similar criminality, as criminality is the nature of the state, regardless of national variety. Thus, given the opportunity, any state will engage in criminality precisely to the extent that it's empowered to do so.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

As for the Talmudic Jewish religion (not to be confused with the religion from whence came our Savior), however, I will state on theological grounds that it's positively evil in origin, right up there with Islam. They were both established in opposition to Christ's Kingdom, and Christ specifically referred to the progenitors of Talmudic Judaism as having the faith of their father the devil.

RH to imply there is any moral equivalency between Judiasm and Islam absurd. Although you cloak your argument in theological terms it only serves to support the anti-semites and those who wish to justify terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians.

Although the Talmudic Jews did not believe Jesus was the Mesiah, this does not make them evil. At least no more so then you choosing not to belive Mohammad was the final of Prophet or that Joseph Smith translated Egyptian hieroglyphs from the golden plates. Not subscribing to either of these philosophies is a choice that does not make you Evil any more then the Talmudic Jews choice not to belive in Jesus makes them evil.

Since you represent yourself as a Christian, the faith of Love and forgiveness, yes I would expect a more charitable attitude toward a sister religion from which your shares such common roots.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Although the Talmudic Jews did not believe Jesus was the Mesiah, this does not make them evil.
Evil is your word, as applied to individuals, not mine. Evil was, however, behind the denial of Christ by those who knew better, and Christ was clear that they did indeed know better. It would be difficult to read the New Testament and miss this obvious fact.

As for the rest of your post, it's inappropriate for a Christian to refrain from speaking the Gospel truth due to concerns over temporal consequences that might result due to the "hardness" of said teachings. In other words, there are no legitimate excuses for watering down the Gospel message. Christ didn't come to bring unity or peace. He came to bring the sword of division between the sheep and the goats, the chaff and the wheat, even between the lukewarm and the hot.

Furthermore, your assessment of who the victims are and who are the victimizers is entirely slanted to one side (and therefore ahistorical) when it comes to the discord that has existed in the Middle East since the founding of the state of Israel.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"however, I will state on theological grounds that it's positively evil in origin, right up there with Islam."

Evil was your word, not mine.

"Christ didn't come to bring unity or peace. He came to bring the sword of division between the sheep and the goats, the chaff and the wheat, even between the lukewarm and the hot. "

Hmmm does this remind anyone of the perceptions of another religion. Perhaps one's who followers plants bombs as US sporting events and kills little boys.

Furthermore, your assessment of who the victims are and who are the victimizers is entirely slanted to one side (and therefore ahistorical) when it comes to the discord that has existed in the Middle East since the founding of the state of Israel.

Oh really?

Can you tell us more about those Evil Jews?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/14/13.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Can you tell us more about those Evil Jews?
By that statement you've disqualified yourself from rational discussion.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
"however, I will state on theological grounds that it's positively evil in origin, right up there with Islam."

You must realize you're making my point, right?? My statement refers to a religion, not to individuals, as demonstrated by the quote you provide.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
"Christ didn't come to bring unity or peace. He came to bring the sword of division between the sheep and the goats, the chaff and the wheat, even between the lukewarm and the hot."

Hmmm does this remind anyone of the perceptions of another religion. Perhaps one's who followers plants bombs as US sporting events and kills little boys.
If you object to Christ's teachings, don't you think it would be more appropriate for you to bring those objections to him rather than me?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You must realize you're making my point, right?? My statements refers to a religion, not to individuals, as demonstrated by the quote you provide.

How can proclaim an religion as "positively evil in origin", but that is in no way a reflection upon the practitioners upon the said religion. If the religion is of an evil origin, then practicing the religion must be evil. Therefore, those who practice the religion are committing an evil act. This makes them people who committed evil acts, or evil people.

Sorry RH, you can't have it one way and not the other.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Most 'Jews' are atheists.

They are tribal in nature.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"Christ didn't come to bring unity or peace. He came to bring the sword of division between the sheep and the goats, the chaff and the wheat, even between the lukewarm and the hot."

If you object to Christ's teachings, don't you think it would be more appropriate for you to bring those objections to him rather than me?

You seem to be acting as his self appoint representative here, and since you are the one who's chosen an interperation that could incite people to violence, I am challenging you to follow the logical thread of your views to their natural end, then ask yourself if you really belive that is the place where Christ is leading you, of if you should re-evaluate your interpertation of this portion of the message, and decide if their is a more Christ like interperation that more consistent with the remainder of the New Testament message before there is any "cleaving and dividing."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've seen the chapter and verses you post. The objection that many have isn't Christ's teachings, but your distortion of them to suit your world view.

If you were consistent in your Scriptural usage, you'd know that that isn't the only place Satan was referred to as a father. Jesus was consistent. You are not. Satan is known as the father of lies. Jesus was showing a group of individuals to be liars and from whence their lies were born. Surely, Peter wasn't Satan when he spoke an untruth and Jesus said, "Get behind me, Satan!" Rather, deception and lies are birthed from the objectives of Satan.

There wasn't even a religion known as Talmudic Judaism in the time of Jesus as the Talmud didn't get it's start until around 200AD and wasn't finalized until 500AD.

Jesus was talking to liars, not Talmudic Jews....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 160user, 10ring1, 204guy, 43 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,857
Posts18,517,699
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.