F
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by RWE
I don't have any enemies.

I think you do now.

Yep
The thief that wants your dog gone so they can rob you.

There's only one other person that owns gun at my end of the neighborhood. Everyone else, for the most part, is a puzzy liberal dem.

The good thing is I have a dog that barks when there's something to bark at and I can assure you that no one is going to rob me. My home is last place anyone would [bleep] with and besides that I live in an area that has zero crime or as close to it as you can possibly get.

No one has any fears about taking a walk after dinner, kids playing after dark, riding a bike, or leaving their garage door open. Nothing, nada, no concerns whatsoever about anything crime related.

That's the one good part about living in a nicer middle class segment of liberal hell Colorado. smile

Where I live if someone complained about your barking dog. You could be pretty certain that it would be someone scoping you out for the deed.
To many people have dogs that bark all night long and even though you do not get use to it. It is one of the things that you put up with.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fireball,

Here's your next assignment ...

Read the entire thread, again, and put into quotes where I've said that I wouldn't take measures to stop my dog from being a nuisance.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If my dog don't bark at something that needs barked at when its outside I'm firing their asses. If my neighbors need barked at so be it as my dogs are good judges of character....sure am glad I don't live in town....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Barkin' dogs don't bother me.

Chittin' dogs do.

There's this old man down the road who has gone around the bend.

He wears plaid shorts and long white socks with garters,....got one'nem butterfly dogs that he's always walkin' here and there.

Well,....it thinks my front yard is a dog turd museum, or somethin,.....always stops here,...hunkers up and pinches one off right in my damn petunias while the old man stares off into space muttering about a USO tour he attended back in '44, and chit.

Anybody who wants to can call the law on both of 'em as far as I'm concerned.

One of the neighbors cows got out the other day and shat in the driveway. That don't bother me none but if they showed up to drive their cows home wearin' what your ole boy does things could get dicey....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
...but a rolled up newspaper is best when starting from pup age, doesn't hurt and gets the message across very well.

You know, that's how I did it with a golden retriever back in my early days. Pretty much cost me one night's sleep laying by the door and bailing out with that rolled up newspaper, but he figured it out. And that was that.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What part of this don't some of you understand?

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
a good trained dog should not bark but once in a great while and only a couple barks unless hes trained to bark for a reason

never take life too seriously. nobody ever makes it out alive anyway
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Rig up a water hose in the house to a sprinkler by the dog pen. When fido starts barking at the moon, versus a prowler, hit the faucet a few seconds. The dog will learn not bark unless really agitated or fearful.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If you can't tell the difference in a serious bark and a racket from your mut, the dog needs an owner smarter than it is.

I always talk to my dogs and they can learn what they are supposed to do by inflection. A decent dog wants to please. When they prefer their way a swat to the butt is good to let them know you mean business. A good training aid is a length of cane split lengthwise three or four times and almost to the handle. The split prices are thin and rattle loudly together with a swat without being stiff enough to hurt.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/14/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ralphie
I don't think folks should have to put up with a barking dog at any time, day or night. I don't mean a dog barking because a car pulled in the driveway. But a lonely dog barking for a length of time.

Just another reason I'm glad my nearest neighbor is a mile away. I used to live near a guy who had barking dogs and no amount of visiting or phone calls did any good. That is why some folks resort to calling the law.

Amen! I don't let my dog keep on barking, regardless of time.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last Monday an Animal Control Officer showed up at my doorstep with a written warning about my dog barking...

Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Sunday he was outside mowing the lawn so I decided to speak with him and give him a note with my name, address, and phone number along with a request to please call me if he or his wife has any problems with Scout barking.

I applaud the way you handled it.

BS.

I have no respect for a man who lets his dogs bark until his neighbor is forced to either confront him or call the police.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
Last Monday an Animal Control Officer showed up at my doorstep with a written warning about my dog barking...

Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Sunday he was outside mowing the lawn so I decided to speak with him and give him a note with my name, address, and phone number along with a request to please call me if he or his wife has any problems with Scout barking.

I applaud the way you handled it.

BS.

I have no respect for a man who lets his dogs bark until his neighbor is forced to either confront him or call the police.

If the neighbors aren't bothered by dogs barking some on a Saturday afternoon (and it appears there are a number of dogs in the neighborhood), then who cares if the dog is barking? The OP hadn't had any complaints about his dog barking in the five years he has lived in the neighborhood. After five years of no complaints, why should the OP have thought the level of barking on that Saturday was unacceptable?

Dogs bark - that's a fact of life. The level of barking that's acceptable - that's what neighbors communicating establishes.

I know of a family that would NEVER complain about a neighborhood beagle barking under any circumstances, but if they heard a couple barks from another type of dog, they were immediately on the phone. That family had owned beagles and obviously had a soft spot for beagles. Just one example of how people can be a little strange when it comes to dogs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Now I know why I don't have neighbors. I'd hate to have a few of you [bleep] living next door to me.

^^This ^^

Welcome to frickin' Sandymanginaville...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
A barking dog led David Berkowitz to start murdering people.

goldang, I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on my dog mushing friends! whistle

Elf, step away from the gun! eek

David B. murdered folks cause he was a mentally disturbed freak job, he just blamed it on barking dogs.

You'd think if that was the case he'd have murdered dogs, not folks trying to get a lil action in their cars.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to help you out if you haven't been able to read and comprehend what I've written ...

The first thing I did was find out who was having a problem with my dog.

I wrote a note with my name, address, and phone number and a request to please call me if my dog was bothering them. I wanted to resolve the problem by speaking to my neighbor.

He contacted Animal Control to inform them that someone had falsely used his name in filing a complaint.

Some folks are very inconsiderate of others re the actions of their pets, but equally on the opposite side of the coin some folks are A-holes who complain at the drop of the hat.

Sounds like you are a responsible dog owner and a person who wants to be a good neighbor.

I have "inherited" a young Cocker Spaniel with more than a few problems I am trying to get straightened out..I am slowly getting there, but I have to be mindful that he can be a PITA to the neighbors with his barking and crying. He has settled to the point of spending nights in a large dog crate without barking, and now I am working on getting him used to being outside in a run without him kicking up a racket..

I have explained this to my neighbors and they are being very patient about the whole thing, but I realize I can only impinge on their good will for so long..

Last edited by Pete E; 05/15/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E

I have explained this to my neighbors and they are being very patient about the whole thing, but I realize I can only impinge on their good will for so long..

There's a responsible dog owner. Good attitude. We're all in the fishbowl together, gotta work together.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wanna come visit?

Colorado? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Besides, I don't think I'd like your dog or suburbia! grin grin grin I like livin' in the sticks.

LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Now I know why I don't have neighbors. I'd hate to have a few of you [bleep] living next door to me.

+1 I have 13 acres myself just so I don't have to listen to my neighbors [bleep] or fight. My dog barks when all is not right, I've learned to pay att'n to it ,kind like a alarm system that runs real cheap. Magnum Man

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
More liberal logic, it isn't the barking dog's fault, it isn't the owner's fault, is the rest of the world's fault for living in a neighborhood and not on a ranchette.

Here is a newsflash...nobody finds your pet as endearing as you do.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Never said it was anyone's fault, I just don't want to live next to a bunch of folks that sit to piss.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 53 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,260
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.