Campfire Tracker
What he said !!!

J
JustinH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Graduated! Fifth jump was on Wednesday...all went fine. Have to admit I never really executed much of a textbook PLF (Parachute Landing Fall) on any of my five jumps. Just kinda kept feet and knees together and landed like a bag of doo-doo. I've found that it's tough to know during the last fifty feet of the jump whether I'm drifting to left, right, front, or rear. Consequently, I kinda just keep feet & knees together and hope for the best. WHUNK!!!!
<br>
<br>Graduation Day was Friday and, would you believe it, happened to coincide with the first National Airborne Day, decreed by none other than George Bush. For all you paratroopers out there, August 16 is now National Airborne Day. The day was replete with a band, the entire 1/507th PIR formed up at the Airborne Walk, and General Leczinski (Ret.) gave a heck of a great speech. I hate to admit it, but when he started in about the long line of paratroopers that had gone before us, and the places they'd been, and the things they'd done, all of a sudden there was a baseball-sized lump in my throat and I was fighting to keep the eyes dry. It really hit me right here, and for really the first time I was glad I enlisted in the Army and proud of something I'd done here. It was really a terrific event, and I'm not usually much for that type of thing.
<br>
<br>Now I wait around for a week or so at the 1/507th, and then the Ranger training cadre come and pick us up on Thursday, and then the following Monday--barring any delays--I start the 23-day Ranger Indoctrination Program. The last step to the Tan Beret. I'll really need some divine intervention for this one, but I'm sure I'll get it.
<br>
<br>I've said it before, but I'll say it again. It really does feel great to know you guys are out there pulling for me to make it. My family's behind me 100%, friends too. But it has been really motivating to come here and hear your stories and encouragement. And yeah, Waders, I'll eventually make it to somewhere where hopefully a lot of us can meet. I'd really like to meet the good folks here.
<br>
<br>AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!!! Justin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations Justin! There is nothing like the Esprit de Corps felt among the Airborne...Welcome to the club!
<br>
<br>The only bad thing is you'll get your "Cherry Blast" at Ranger school....Maybe the Ranger bats take that into consideration and have there own cherry parties anyway[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I'm sure they told you guys not to expect to ever get to jump as light as you do at jumpschool out in the real world..
<br>
<br>I managed to avoid a cherry party by strap hanging with another unit for a night CE Jump..
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WAY TO GO! Congratulations. Keep looking ahead we will watch you six and be behind you all the way.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear you made it! Hang in there, Justin! You're doing us proud![Linked Image]
<br>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Good luck man, was there in 1967, went onto rigger school.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.