Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 98 of 229 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 228 229
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I was just reminiscing of the good old days, nearly four decades ago. Absolutely no slight intended toward the fine young lady in your photo.

The gal I was referring to, about 1976. All I did was dance a couple dances with her and drive her home from a party. It took me over a week to fully escape her gnarly clutches.

I bet you can relate.

I didn't take it that way.

These chicks are lovin' it.

1976? That's a year before I was born! grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'smoker,

There's more than a few splendors along The Milford.

My only complaint is the arid conditions,as the dust plays hell on them nearly foot-long Trout.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

Sister has long had a knack,for knocking schit plum outta da Park.

I just stay outta the way.

Riggin' Rags have been knowed to be highly effective Killin' Attire...or so I hear through the grapevine.

SLM,

Tried for some 1911 CT Laser Blurtitude,but it never panned out.

Mebbe next time.

Eddy,

I hear them 162's rate building a rifle around.

'Native,

It's bigger than that.

Big Momma does her artsy-fartsy Craft Schit when she's not working and I do my best to wear out the Outdoors. The Old Gal can shoot,but could care less about killing schit.

Leaves more for me.(grin)

'flave,

I think Sister prolly more than "gets by" and her sense of humor is wicked enough,that she likes to sandbag nearly as much as I do.

As to the Spotter Adapter,it's at it's best when schlepping a modest videocamera or a P&S,IMHO. I'd not trade my 100-400L for my 65mm Zeiss,aboard a DSLR of any flavor.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shame you boys scared The Window Licking Do Nothing Dumbphucks away,as I was "learning" quite a [bleep] bit. Laffin'!

Re-EVAH!

Idaho',

Hang some Fuji fueled pics,after you've played around with The Adapter some. I'll be curious to know how it pans out for you with vignette,MFD and if you can get away with AF.

Spill your guts,after the fact.

Dakota',

The NU is for real and a great way to fly. Wasn't even thinking,or I'd of got shots of it afloat and loaded for Bear.

'Splain it to poor/dumb brinky and WSM,that pun be intended.(grin)

Laffin'!

'NZ,

You know how it is...everything is "bigger" in Texas,especially the [bleep] Imagination.

Cain't wait to see more Haybale & Crockett pics,as I really dig the gates and fences.

Laffin'!

'WASP,

We had a blast and that poor Bear never even had a chance...which is how I like to roll. I hear through the grapevine,that she can flat drive a Montucky 7 Whizzum,even with a "lowly" 6x42 slummed aboard same.

It's never not sumptin' and then some.

I'll pass the BWT Torch and slide back to work for a bit,then Cast & Blast for another couple weeks straight.

It seems Swifty didn't want her nose rubbed in her own [bleep] stupidity...which is "surprising".(grin) The [bleep] internet couldn't be run dry of pics for her to plagiarize,could it?!? Laffin'!

Where do these Do Nothing Dumbphucks come from?!!? Wow +P.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
It was a killer weekend, and an extended weekend at that. Got away on Wednesday. Thought I�d start the weekend a wee bit early. Killer.

I�ve mentioned before IIRC that I�ve been going to my lease monthly for right at 8 years now. The buzzards have come to recognize my truck. When they see me coming into camp, they tell all their friends and relatives, �Gdub�s here, we�ll be eating high on the hog pretty soon. Ya�ll come�.

[Linked Image]

It turned out to be a �roll your own� weekend.

[Linked Image]

The temps were a balmy 102 in the shade, and a might hotter in the sun.

[Linked Image]

Shot four hogs

[Linked Image]
Just about perfect shot placement. 325 WSM, 200 gr. Accubond, 168 yds. DRT.

and snared two more.

[Linked Image]

Made some meat.

[Linked Image]

Got to work on my bluritude though, guess I�ll have to ask B for some lessons.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0808-1_zps5e0cf548.jpg[/img]

Well boys and girls, as the sun sets in the west,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0944-1_zpsd5d94e56.jpg[/img]

this episode of the �Petting Zoo Chronicles� must come to a conclusion.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/20/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Oh, almost forgot.............

Originally Posted by SLM
Blast a porker in the face for me.

No problem there SLM, just for you.........

[Linked Image]
223 AI, 1 in 8 twist, (and horrors), a 55 gr. Sierra Spitzer.

Also did some night time varmint calling, but the fox and coyote didn't co-operate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
223 AI, and XLR 250 Kill Light.

However, the bunnies were more co-operative.

[Linked Image]

May have found a new passtime. Bunny sniping at night. Just aim for the eyeball glowing in the light.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL GW, what you got in that roll your own pouch. smile

How do you snare the hogs and not get a deer? We are hard on pigs around here, they don't like all the shooting I guess. But I have one that has been traveling up and down my creek lately. I am pretty sure he is nocturnal, or I would have seen him by now. I been meaning to run the trap down there, but a snare might be fun.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those laser lights rock. I have been using a ND3 on a supressed 10/22 for a few years. I ride around on a polaris electric buggy and slaughter the night time coons and such....no I never shoot the bunnies wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo

How do you snare the hogs and not get a deer?

EB,

Just find a "pig highway" where they are coming through the fence.

[Linked Image]

Deer don't go there.

[Linked Image]

Been doing it for years and never caught anything but hogs.

After that, it's just like running a trot-line. My bud and I had 8 snares set out Friday and Saturday nights. Two tripped with nothing, caught two more. An easy and fun way to make meat.

Best,

GWB

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Oh, almost forgot.............

Originally Posted by SLM
Blast a porker in the face for me.

No problem there SLM, just for you.........

[Linked Image]
223 AI, 1 in 8 twist, (and horrors), a 55 gr. Sierra Spitzer.

Also did some night time varmint calling, but the fox and coyote didn't co-operate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
223 AI, and XLR 250 Kill Light.

However, the bunnies were more co-operative.

[Linked Image]

May have found a new passtime. Bunny sniping at night. Just aim for the eyeball glowing in the light.

Best,

GWB

Laffin'... Porkers fear you.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I love that little Randall you've got GW.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
I love that little Randall you've got GW.... grin

Ingwe,
as with most things there is a story.

My dad was a Navy pharmacist's mate in WWII. Spent 36 months in the South Pacific on a troop transport. The USS President Adams. It was a group of troop transports that they took to calling the "unholy 4". My dad was a 5'8" scrapper that was born to an illiterate oil field worker who was gone most of the time. He came up hard. He met a "Coon-ass" that was actually two inches shorter than he was, that would punch you 5 times before you could blink. My dad had a short man's complex, so Griffin, being shorter than my dad, they got along fine. In fact "Griff" was called "shorty" by some. Others who were not so lucky usually "came to" in the infirmary or alley. They became life long friends. My dad passed in October of '09. Griff passed six months later. I had the honor and pleasure of taking them to New Orleans when the "Higgins" museum was opened, but that's another story.
Anyhow, Griff lived way out in the stix outside St. Francisville, West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. Our family would go visit them once a year. While there we would fox and coon hunt with hounds. I have fond memories of freezing my azz off all night long sitting near a fire while the men passed a bottle and smoked and spit, and talked about which hound was doing what.
Well Griff had two kids, my dad had six. His son Charles and I have been life long friends also. Charles is a un-reconstructed southerner. A while back he was telling some of his friends I met for the first time ,yeah, we lived so far back in the woods of Feliciana Parish that I was 12 years old before I realized that there were any �white folk� in the world other than mine and Gdub's family.
Well Charles probably like to hunt as much if not more than I. He�s managed to block up a square mile around his house so nobody else can hunt it. He was coming through town a while back and stopped by. He presented me with that Randall. Course it did cost me a penny!

It is one of my prized possessions.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I figure it was meant to be used.

[Linked Image]

I make sure it gets a proper workout at least once a month.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Got my own Randall with its story too...

My dad had purchased a few Randalls, and I had one...but we hadnt picked any up in a couple years, and had not corresponded with Randall in that time. Meanwhile I had moved three times.. It was 1972, Vietnam was still going and Randall was four years behind. Out of the clear blue, at college, I got a note from Bo himsself...never did figure out how he found me... He had a couple 5" model 7s people had backed out on, he could finish one for me and have it to me in two weeks, for the then princely sum of $52
Done Deal.
If I had the brains God gave a piss ant I would have kept his letters.....

The knife has BTDT with me for 41 years ( ! ), its on its third sheath, and I always make it a point to dress at least one deer a year with it...for old time's sake wink

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Got my own Randall with its story too...

Sir,
That's a good'un and darn sure tops mine. Thanks

Best

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both very good yarns. No Randalls here, but I've had a Puma like this'un since the late 60s and wouldn't part with it. Lots of hunting stories go with the little rascal, none as good as the Randall ones above. It's "dressed" and skint a few deer over the years.

[Linked Image]

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Boxer

Idaho',

Hang some Fuji fueled pics,after you've played around with The Adapter some. I'll be curious to know how it pans out for you with vignette,MFD and if you can get away with AF.

Spill your guts,after the fact.

I got a chance to practice my bluritude this evening. I was bringing a mare home from stud service and saw about a dozen fingerling mallards in the irrigation canal at the bottom of the driveway.

I waited until about thirty minutes before sundown and slipped down with the SH-20. This is what she and I are capable of at 720 mm and auto focus. The little bastards will not hold still long enough for me to attempt a manual focus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Daddy finally poked his head out of the bushes.
[Linked Image]

And just for fun, #8 Grand kid gets a treat at PaPa's house.

[Linked Image]

I really want to try an adapter and a decent spotting scope. I am not so sure the Landmark makes that distinction......though she might capture some video.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like that last pic smile Looks like a future hunter, already wearing orange.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
IMHO,
the older Puma's are much more knife than the new ones. You're fortunate to have one. I've a couple but not of the vintage of yours. Enjoy.

Best

GWB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome back geedub, nice face abuse! Nice hole in the neck too. That shot works well with .22s, even the dreaded CB.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee',

It'd be funnier than [bleep] to take you to the real Outdoors,spin you in a circle and watch the show. You'd be all sorts of [bleep] up,without a Guide,fence row,road,gate or Golf Cart tracks to follow. Laffin'!

Please keep your Texas Version of the "Outdoors" coming...that schit is [bleep] hilarious!

'gwe,

I find it a shame,that after all these years,Randall still don't make a pattern that's worth a [bleep]. Oh the worksmanship is nice enough,as are most of the materials,but they routinely crank out the most horrid of patterns. I'll never get it,if only because I've been around too many blades.

Shame.

dube',

I've some elder Puma,that ain't too horrid...though they's of less belly and length.

Still tough to beat a $5 Vicky Parer,as they'll more than do it all.

Idaho',

I savvy the sentiment and it's appeal.

[Linked Image]

Look to do a leetle R&D here this go 'round,as I schlepped my 1D3/100-400L to work,my wingman is driving his 1DX/100-400L and another his 5D3/100-400L. The light is a bit flat this morning,though I'm thinking it'll pop here in a spell. I need to load LR4 onto my laptop and then will play around with some files. Tossed my G-12 in the bag as contingency and I've seen it do nice things too.

With that many Grandkids,you can easily justify a DSLR and 1D3's are at,or below $1K used now and that is plum amazin',given their IQ,AF and rugged durability. The 1D2N's are roughly half that and to this day,I still think very highly of that body. Never knowed anyone yet,that had "too many" pictures,let alone too many GOOD pictures.

Thank me later.(grin)

DD,

CNS takes alotta fun outta schit.(grin)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
re: Randalls- you know me...theres faster and 'better' cartridges than the 7x57 out there too...butttt...... wink

I do however have a nice little custom with scales from a warthog I shot...but the damn knifemaker put a little choil on it...what a PITA that little 'feature' is....

The one on the bottom, D2 steel, other than the choil...its a good 'un..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ingwe; 05/22/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD,

CNS takes alotta fun outta schit.(grin)

Well, it can and that's a fact. Still, makin' their eyes pop out is worth a giggle in a Looney Tunes sorta way.

Friend of mine once popped a deer, maybe a red deer(?) over in Nam with a -16. Blew the hat right off it and left an empty brain pan. Weighed about 300# and we didn't eat roast beef for near two weeks.

I like'm CNS work. Maybe that makes me a brain surgeon?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 98 of 229 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (alwaysoutdoors, 35, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 6 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.