Hop To
Page 99 of 229 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
Gee',

It'd be funnier than [bleep] to take you to the real Outdoors,spin you in a circle and watch the show. You'd be all sorts of [bleep] up,without a Guide,fence row,road,gate or Golf Cart tracks to follow. Laffin'!

Please keep your Texas Version of the "Outdoors" coming...that schit is [bleep] hilarious!

Like I�ve mentioned on previous occasions,

I�m here����

Where I may kill 50 + hogs a year
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Varmints
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Turkey
[Linked Image]

Whitetail, Axis, Sika deer,
[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN3937.jpg[/img]

And practice my bluritude

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5072.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0196-1.jpg[/img]

So, I can virtually guarantee continuing sagas of the �Petting Zoo� Chronicles.

And you�re there.

So life is good.

Should I ever get spun up and pointed north, I might be obliged to stop in and make your acquaintance. Might be fun, bein� that you have some definite opinions about life, times and stuff (But don�t hold your breath).
Quien Sabe as the Mexicans say.

Best,

GWB

PS: Almost forgot, have I mentioned before that I like........

Nosler Accubonds

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_9809.jpg[/img]

Last edited by geedubya; 05/22/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
re: Randalls- you know me...theres faster and 'better' cartridges than the 7x57 out there too...butttt...... wink

I do however have a nice little custom with scales from a warthog I shot...but the damn knifemaker put a little choil on it...what a PITA that little 'feature' is....

The one on the bottom, D2 steel, other than the choil...its a good 'un..

[Linked Image]

Dayumitall, I had to polish my Google-Foo to figure out what a choil is. I never heard of such chitt.

I'm not a knife guru. They are either sharp or dull, have good steel or bad, fit the hand properly and have the proper blade profile........or not.

I let other people buy the "or nots."

Why is the choil on that blade a PITA?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I have a box of those! They fit the 7x57.

Still trying to use up the stuff hoarded before A-Bonds were invented before I go buy any more. frown

I may not live that long. Maybe the Partitions will suffice until then? Or the cast/swagged Hindenburgs?

Admittedly, the Nosler plastic tips shoot better than a lot of stuff I've tried. Hornady stuff too. After deciding to become a brain surgeon I'm not sure how important it all is.

In 20 years I'll probably know.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

What no RUMs ?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo

What no RUMs ?

EB

guess I'm getting old and lazy. Also my taste in rifles is changing. Whereas I once was afflicted with �magnumitis�, I�m kinda backing off. At first everything was heavy barreled beanfield rifles. Now it more medium velocity rounds and lighter rifles. Even some synthetics.

I've owned two 300 RUM's. For my money they have more recoil than the 338 RUMS'. Decided I did not need the speed. I'm between 308 win and 300 H&H now. Do have a Merkel K1 in 300 Win mag coming in soon.

The 338 RUM is a different story. I will probably always have that one. I purchased two Senderos when the RUMs first came out. One in 300 Rum, the other in 338 RUM. I kept the 338. Later sent it to Hill Country rifle to be Accurized and Braked. It's a shooter. I load the 225 gr. Nosler Partitions and the 210 gr. Barnes TSX for elk country.

Most of the stuff in Texas is 300 lbs and under. I started out with 180 Gr. Ballistic tips around 3,400 fps. My longest shot to date with that is a whitetail doe at a laser ranged 590 yds. It has been my experience however that MV's above 2,800 fps do considerable meat damage at 100 yds. and under. Being a meat hunter more so than a trophy hunter, most of the game I kill is 200 yds. and under.

I realize that Nosler makes a .338 cal, 200 gr. Accubond, but I was able to purchase a good supply of the 200 Gr. CT Ballistic Silvertips a while back and will most likely exhaust those before I switch to the Accubonds.

[Linked Image]

My go to load for the 338 RUM is the 200 Gr.CTBST's over 95 gr. IMR 7828, Fed 215M primers, 3.650 COAL. Gives +/- 3,180 fps. according to my chrono. I've a Leupold VX-III, 4.5 X 14 X 40 with the B&C reticule. The subtensions on that reticle line up perfectly with a 200 yd. zero. It is 1" high at 100 yds. Dead on at 200, and first subtension, dead on at 300.

The 338 RUM Sendero is not seeing as much action these days, but I did break it out last fall.
A couple targets of opportunity.

The Auodad ewe at +/- 265 yds.

[Linked Image]

The whitetail doe at +/- 310 yds.
[Linked Image]

Even at those ranges there was blood shot meat.

FWIW, the 200 gr. CTBST does not appear to be a frangible bullet. I�ve shot quite a few animals with those and have always had pass throughs. No recoveries.

Oh,

Need at least one dead hog. Wouldn�t be right not to include that.
[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Boxer

Idaho',

I savvy the sentiment and it's appeal.

[Linked Image]

Look to do a leetle R&D here this go 'round,as I schlepped my 1D3/100-400L to work,my wingman is driving his 1DX/100-400L and another his 5D3/100-400L. The light is a bit flat this morning,though I'm thinking it'll pop here in a spell. I need to load LR4 onto my laptop and then will play around with some files. Tossed my G-12 in the bag as contingency and I've seen it do nice things too.

With that many Grandkids,you can easily justify a DSLR and 1D3's are at,or below $1K used now and that is plum amazin',given their IQ,AF and rugged durability. The 1D2N's are roughly half that and to this day,I still think very highly of that body. Never knowed anyone yet,that had "too many" pictures,let alone too many GOOD pictures.

Thank me later.(grin)

Yep. that right there is what I am talking about.

I would swear that little turd was sitting stone still and posing for your pic, 'cept he is throwing about a 10 knot wake!

I definitely need a faster focus speed and a much better lens. I would have liked to purchase something akin to the 1D2N instead of the SH-20. Probably could have for about the same cash, but then I would have needed lens bodies. Damned dollars, can only spend em once. grins

I am stuck with the Fuji for a couple more years, but on a positive note, it does take a decent snap shot of things close and not moving too fast. It'll catch the grins on the bairns' faces when they haul in a trophy 12 inch trout or crappie. And that is all that I REALLY care about.

Thanks for the advice Re DSLR bodies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
...choil...

Why is the choil on that blade a PITA? [/quote]

The choil seems to catch and/or pick up every fibrous thing or everything that didnt get cut inside an animal.Feels like when you are swishing around in there that there is always something getting caught and pulling back...cause there is...

Last edited by ingwe; 05/24/13.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grind it off on an open bevel. Put a soft radius at the apex (if it doesn't already have one) to eliminate the stress multiplier that is the notch. Then it's a genuine one of a kind. Tell people an ancient Viking marauder put you onto that. laugh

Thank me later.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee',

Please feel free to use which ever excuse(s),seems to work best for you.

You're doing "great".

Laffin'!

Idaho',

The 1D2N would simply blow your mind and the 100-400 is exceptionally tough to whoop for portability,versatility and durability.

Haven't had time to do a grandiose side by each expose,with the 1D3,5D3 and 1DX...let alone juxtapose the (3) 100-400L's amongst same. Did bang a few frames today however,with my lowly 1D3 mainstay.

Movers is fun...here along The Milford.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hell...I hear that the 1D2N will even do Hero Pics too.(grin)

Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who's a good boy? ..... Sic em! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who knew dogs could fly? And crazy ones at that! laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gotta love Boxers!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Who knew dogs could fly? And crazy ones at that! laugh

Pigs too?

[Linked Image]

GWB

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Speaking of flying... for us AR Vets, DRG use to love when I posted pics like this with the caption.. "And Snottie Queen gets caught in another lie by his dreaded 'NeoCons'..."

[Linked Image]

Just a little walk down Memory lane... Duhman was always complaining, but Don would tell him to pound sand.... Good times!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Bullets fly.......

[Linked Image]

Hoglets die!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/26/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I saw a moose fly once after being hit behind the ear with a 35Whelen at very close range.

I just used my golf cart to pull him up to the road and away we went. Easy shmeasy.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I gotta get one of these golf carts you guyz are always talking about...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lens' are much like rifle barrels...typically without a good one your results suffer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Coca, you need to brush up on bluritude for sure. Send me $19.95 + $5.00 Shipping & Handling and my VHS video-tape will show up on your doorstep within three business days!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Cocadori
Lens' are much like rifle barrels...typically without a good one your results suffer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If those are yours they are very impressive

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 99 of 229 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (7x57Hunter, 35, alwaysoutdoors, Algotguns, Akhutr, 6 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.