Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
It "would" for sure, but we all know you're not stopping at 1200..... grin

FWIW, I went through an internal debate about having my 5.5" Bisley leave the stable. It's going to get some "extras" instead.

George

laugh on the 'FPS' stoppage laugh, cant wait to see the finished project, would make a fine Tennessee sausage drill. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by NH K9

FWIW, I went through an internal debate about having my 5.5" Bisley leave the stable. It's going to get some "extras" instead.

George

It's good to see you repented your evil ways before it was too late.

I got the can't helpits for a lanyard ring for mine.

Those lanyards leave a very purty linear tattoo on the rising green/purple egg knot, I mean, should ya have to warp a crackhead er sumptin laugh grinLOL.

Gunner

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not like that anymore, Gunner. I'm one of the civilized tribes..... wink

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
"Civilized" is relative......certainly more than Jim and I, but less than, say, Bob. That isn't a bad place to be! grin

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
SURE you are shocked eek grin, correct George, ole CT's in da right spot. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Wiffle ball bat wrapped in a towel leaves no marks whistle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Ricky where did you find the bisley?

I got it on Gunbroker from this guy, who I see has another for sale:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344061467

I had never done business with him before or since but it was a good transaction.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Wiffle ball bat filled with lead shot wrapped in a towel leaves no marks whistle

FIXT. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Ricky. Im bidding on one now. And in the lead so my fingers are crossed

Gunner. Im going to remember that during updates next weekend be a great conversation topic during "professional development".

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
icky. Im bidding on one now. And in the lead so my fingers are crossed
Good luck. I saw you mentioned you were bidding on one after I answered your question.

Be aware, most sales on the auction sites are won in the last minute or less. Gunbroker doesn't let bidders do that and adds 15 minutes to the end of auction time each time a new bid is placed in the last 15 minutes. Even so, auctions for popular items often get into bidding wars once that 15 minute threshold is crossed and can go on for hours sometime.

Keep your eye on it when the auction comes to a close if you want it and are willing to bid more.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Im willing to go up a bit on it. But not much. If i loae this one im going to try and find a dealer who deals through williams and just order one

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Jerry,

At the time I sold the Bisley, I already owned a Ruger SP101 in 357 Magnum so I carried it while hunting the next season. I love big-bore sixguns, but they never stay long. I get tired of the bulk of the 6-shot cylinder, and the weight. I like range-toys, but I can't justify them right now. I just need firearms that go into the field with me day after day. If money were no object, I would have kept the Bisley just for fun!

Maybe I'm a wimp, but after a few miles in rough country, a 40+ ounce sixgun gets old! At the end of the day, it feels like a boat anchor. If I hunted flat terrain, it probably would not matter as much.

Over the past few years I've carried these as back-ups while bow and rifle hunting, or just out scouting/hiking, etc:

1. 4-5/8" 44 Super Blackhawk (factory 240gr JSP)
2. 4" S&W 625 Scandium 45acp (255gr hardcast, ~900fps)
3. Kahr 9mm (147gr FMJ)
4. Glock 30(230gr)
5. Taurus Ti 5-shot 44 Spl (200gr GDHP or 240gr JSP handloads)
6. SP101 357 magnum (158gr GDHP)
7. 4" S&W 629 (300gr XTP, 1200 fps).
8. I know I'm forgetting a few others!

Out of those, none have taken a big game animal. I did use the SP101 to finish an elk last year with a 158gr GDHP to the skull (no exit). Dropped the elk on the spot with a high shoulder shot from my rifle, then finished it with the .357. I may load some 158gr hardcast for that revolver.

Out of those handguns listed, the one thing that I realized for "ME", is that my limit is ~25 ounces carried on the hipbelt of my pack, or a fanny pack that rests over the hipbelt of my pack. The Scandium 625 (on hipbelt only), Glock 30, SP101, and Taurus Ti 44 could be carried all day and I wouldn't notice them.

The 625 was light enough, but still bulky. The Glock was ok, but one time the mag release got bumped some how and the mag could have fallen out. The mag release was protected so I have no idea how it got hit. The 5-shot Taurus was awesome. Light, narrow with the 5-shot cylinder, but it failed to fire one day. This was the only Taurus that I've ever owned, I avoided them like the plague. Thought this one was perfect until it shat the bed. No more Tauri for me.

"IF" I used a chest holster like the Diamond D Guides Choice, I bet I could handle the extra weight. But, I don't like the idea of my bowstring getting hung-up on the gun or holster.

Here in Oregon, we only have black bear and mountain lions... and wolves, tweakers, etc. I think people are probably the biggest threat. We have had bear and lion attacks here, but not too many. I feel ok with a .357, especially with hardcast. If I lived where there were grizzlies or coastal browns, then maybe I'd change my opinion although Shoemaker claims that a 357 is fine if you can shoot it well. I think I'd make sure my rifle is handy!

Jason

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Forgot to add...

If I did get another big-bore to carry, I'd really like to handle the FA 97 in 45 Colt with the barrel chopped and rounded grip. Cost is high and COAL is limited, but I'd bite the bullet and pay the cost for it or something similar.

Jason

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Ricky. Im bidding on one now. And in the lead so my fingers are crossed

Gunner. Im going to remember that during updates next weekend be a great conversation topic during "professional development".

Show nuff neighba, glad to be of some resistance. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Well the bisley auction got to expensive, however I won an auction for a standard new model blackhawk in 45 colt. 405.00. Dealer is in my state and about 2 hours away

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well the bisley auction got to expensive, however I won an auction for a standard new model blackhawk in 45 colt. 405.00. Dealer is in my state and about 2 hours away

You'll be a happy fella. Now if you decide to stoke 'er up you can get some nice replacement base pins from Belt Mountain that resist backing out under stiff recoil. I've got one coming this week. My loads aren't that hot but I've heard such good things about Kelye's stuff that I couldn't resist.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I really wanted the bisley but this one is a deep blue finish with white micarta grips. I will probably start pimpin it out a bit. Once i get it

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Used to, Ruger sold the Bisley frame, trigger and hammer so a guy could convert one to that setup if he so desired. I don't think they do that anymore.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am in love with my 45 Colt's.

My preferred hunting sidearm is either my Ruger 4" Redhawk or 1911 45 Super.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The frames are still listed at Brownells, though out of stock at the moment.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...-frame-steel-in-the-white-prod12141.aspx

The conversion kits, however, are now shown as no longer available.

Power custom does sell Bisley hammer & trigger kits, for a drop-in trigger job, though they are not cheap.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1badf350, 2ndwind, 308xray, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 55 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,024
Posts18,520,825
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.