Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I am looking at a Colorado 4th Rifle Season hunt for Deer in GMU 60. I have a few questions for those who've hunted it before. Anyone have suggestions as to canyons/areas to check out or focus on? Also road conditions in the fourth rifle season or roads that are closed due to crossing private lands (the maps I have never show that). I plan on doing some scouting this fall while I am doing a cow elk hunt nearby.
Thanks
Elk

"I won�t be wronged, I won�t be insulted, and I won�t be laid a hand on. I don�t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." �John Wayne (John Bernard Books, The Shootist)
GB1

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Laughing Elk:

I've hunted there some but in September. At that time of the year the roads on the south rim above Roc Creek are fine though very primitive and I drove most of them with my pickup. An ATV would have been a lot easier. I saw lots of deer when still hunting between the upper and lower rim roads. I camped beside the upper rim road (FS road 352) and did most of my hunting up high.

I also camped some down by Buckeye Reservoir before all the improvements. It might be different now. I saw lots of deer down by the reservoir and while driving between there and the upper rim.

The north rim and Sinbad Ridge are not accessable because all the roads cross private property. You might want to contact the ranch people in Sinbad Valley to inquire about access across their property.

Paradox is a small village with no services. There's an historical general store in Bedrock but it's inventory is very small. You will have to go to Naturita or Nucla to get any services or supplies that you need. Also you should take a couple of extra gas cans and fill up in Naturita.

You might want to contact Macman on this forum. He might have some recent recon. I don't know anything about snow conditions during the late season and he might.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Thank you KC. I've sent Mackman a PM and hope he responds. I appreciate it.

Take care and good luck this year,
Elk

"I won�t be wronged, I won�t be insulted, and I won�t be laid a hand on. I don�t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." �John Wayne (John Bernard Books, The Shootist)
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I haven't heard from Mackman so still looking for some information if anyone is willing to share.
Thanks
Elk

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.