Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Did you finish all 42 lbs? Hows the back? cry

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still got a bunch to go today. Some of it has gotten soft and I am culling those. Should finish today.

Back is doing good. VA gave me a nerv pain killer that is doing the job. Been feeling so good I have started my stretching and workouts again.

Now if the joint pain meds would come I would be almost like new.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
NO!

There is a reason only He knows.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

yes...

then I can figure out retirement

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Would I want to know my expiration date? - NOPE

Typically, I am a "planner" and want to know the what, when, where and how for everything, but in regards to this question . . . I'll pass, thank you very much.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got 48 great years in today. God can call me in his time.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Karnis nailed it a few pages back, right after they tell you that you have cancer, some blabber mouth tells you how long you can expect to live.

After I passed 50 or 60 I realized that I had started to die the day I was born and was good with that, but with the big C some Dr. or nurse keeps reminding me that the end is near.

All we can hope for is to believe in Rodney Dangerfield, you know, "the Dr. gave me six months to live, I said I couldn't pay the bill.....he gave me six more months"

Its better if its a surprise!

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
In June of 03 I was 58 or so and the Doc said I had the lungs of an 80 year old and gave me 2-5 yrs. This June I will have exceeded my expiration date by at least 5 yrs. I told My wife I wasn't leaving until "I" was ready, I didn't care when the Doc thought I was ready. I did get a new Doc too!

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm happy for you Scott!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On Resurrection Day one year, the father of a friend of mine told his family "On Resurrection Day next year, I'm going Home, to be with the Lord."

Throughout the months that followed, he spoke often � always with eager anticipation � of what awaited him, and when.

After dinner on that next Resurrection Day, he bade his family goodbye fondly and told 'em not to follow him for a while �

"I'm going out into the garden to be with the Lord."

They later found him sitting in the garden, dead, with a big smile on his face.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is not particularly news but Psalm 90:10 says that,"seventy years and if by strength, eighty". If anyone pays any attention at all, it becomes painfully apparent that many don't make it into their "60's".

And many of those go in a breath's time. Be prepared.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Born two months early, with malaria and whooping cough and chicken pox in the first week, I've been on borrowed time for 82 years.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My grandmother used to say that the 60's was "like a house with a big front door and a small back door", because many people entered their 60's but fewer exited into their 70's. It seems like the 60's claim many people who have congenital conditions, diabetes, heart problems, smoking and so forth.

I have had 10 friends, aquaintances, relatives and classmates pass away in the past 6 months. All but one were in their 60's and most were younger than me.

At 65, the only thing I am sure about tomorrow is that, if I wake up in the morning, I am going to try to make the most of it.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 05/30/13.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, ect in my family passed between 62-66. Guess I already know my expiration date, give or take a year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
My grandmother used to say that the 60's was "like a house with a big front door and a small back door", because many people entered their 60's but fewer exited into their 70's. It seems like the 60's claim many people who have congenital conditions, diabetes, heart problems, smoking and so forth.

I have had 10 friends, aquaintances, relatives and classmates pass away in the past 6 months. All but one were in their 60's and most were younger than me.

At 65, the only thing I am sure about tomorrow is that, if I wake up in the morning, I am going to try to make the most of it.

Hitting age 50 really sucked for me. That's when I faced my own mortality. Not that I was sick or about to die or anything, that's just when it finally dawned on me that I was not immortal but would grow old and die just like everybody else.

Took a few years to deal with it but now at 60, I don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff. Sometime over the last few years God and I became friends. I don't fear death at all, sure ain't looking for it but it doesn't frighten me. Every day is a new start, but if I die tomorrow (don't plan on it) it's okay.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Read my signature line. You'd do well to take advantage of the offer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't want to know an expiration date but I hope it is quick and extreemly violent,just for a little charge at the end.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
12 years ago I was given 6-9 months to live, in many ways it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It took over 6 months to get my personal affairs in order, then I started semi retirement, 5 years later I completely retired. In my early business career I was a trerrably drive workaholic, now I am laid back & just do what I want when I want.. life is good.

Last month my neurologist reconfirmed that ALS wasn't going to kill me & I would probably live 20 more years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have everybody's signature line and avatars turned off, so I had to turn them back on to read yours.

Thanks for the advice but what in the world makes you think I haven't? I try not to criticize anybody but that is about the most self righteous and judgmental thing anyone's said to me in a long time.

Perhaps I didn't state this part of my post as clearly as I could have:

"Sometime over the last few years God and I became friends. I don't fear death at all, sure ain't looking for it but it doesn't frighten me. Every day is a new start, but if I die tomorrow (don't plan on it) it's okay."

I don't fear death because I know that even though my body might die, I won't.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Read my signature line. You'd do well to take advantage of the offer.

Succinct is as succinct does. Couldn't be put better or more truthfully. grin

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.