OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Californians push anything that slows/stops revenue in their state.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
Californians push anything that slows/stops revenue in their state.
Yep.. They keep cutting off their legs and then can't figure out why they can't walk..

Oh well, that state's about 2400 miles west of me - and that's close enough IMHO..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The funny thing is that they have been Fracking in California for decades. I am surprised at the number of people who think that this is some new and unproven technology.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's to counter those evil Judo-Christian white men bent on raping nature for profit. No really, I had a state biologist from the old Fish and Game Department say this during an orientation of the park I managed. She said that clear cutting was due to the white man's ethic of dominating nature without regard for the consequences. No, I told her, it was because of governmental tax policy that taxed logging companies for every standing tree left on a tree farm. If they were all cut, then the taxes were lessened. Selective cutting was only economically possible after a change in the tax code.

Just like Santa Cruz County that proposed taxing every tree over 30" in diameter at a higher rate. The local tree farm manager simply said, "Then they'll never get that large." Environmentalists, gotta love 'em for their stupidity.

Today, its a religion; man bad - nature good. They are all nuts.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 05/29/13.
IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I need to learn more about this technology before forming an opinion. I don't know anything about the technologies of chemicals used, effects on drinking water, etc. But I've heard what Colorado farmers think about fracking.

Agriculture is the #1 industry in Colorado and water is the key to agriculture. The Colorado agriculture lobby is totally opposed to fracking in Colorado because for every gallon of crude you get, it takes five gallons of water and that water will have to come from agriculture. There's no other source of thar rare commodity in the inter-mountain states.

Sure I'm in favor of creating local jobs but I wonder how many of those jobs will be filled by locals and how many will be filled by itinerant oil field workers. Look at what has happened to the small towns in Wyoming around Thunder Basin. They're filled with out-of-towners that are there just for the oil boom. Yes the motels, apartments, restaurants, bars, etc., are booming and that economic activity trickles through the economy. Sounds good. But the crime rates have also soared in those formerly quiet semi-rural towns.

I'm in favor of the U.S. achieving energy independence by developing domestic resources. I like just about anything that might contribute towards making those oil rich rag heads irrelevant. But at what cost?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

But at what cost?

KC

It needs to be done.

Good luck finding none tainted information

It is safe

all things have problems

There is a risk

It is managable

The folks in the Mid east hate you

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is tons of oil CA is sitting on... but it being tree hugger central.. they think they are saving the planet having some of the highest gas prices in the country.....

however I have learned spending time in CA, living 25 miles from the State Line, that most people don't know is for every Fruit Loop in CA, there are 5 to 10 really plain old folks just like you and I that are just as disgusted with the Fruit Loops.

problem is, the Fruit Loops are the mouthy ones that never ever shut up...and they are the ones that get out and vote for all of this stupid crap.

Like the entire country, every state there is, has varying levels of need in 'taking back our country', and ending the tide of liberal stupidity that is ruining the entire nation here and the entire western world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand there are good folks every state

Heck I married a girl from NYC....

But the "Majority of folks in NY and California are lost to us

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is one Californian who supports free enterprise and the end of enviromentalism.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC

I need to learn more about this technology before forming an opinion. I don't know anything about the technologies of chemicals used, effects on drinking water, etc. But I've heard what Colorado farmers think about fracking.

Agriculture is the #1 industry in Colorado and water is the key to agriculture. The Colorado agriculture lobby is totally opposed to fracking in Colorado because for every gallon of crude you get, it takes five gallons of water and that water will have to come from agriculture. There's no other source of thar rare commodity in the inter-mountain states.

Sure I'm in favor of creating local jobs but I wonder how many of those jobs will be filled by locals and how many will be filled by itinerant oil field workers. Look at what has happened to the small towns in Wyoming around Thunder Basin. They're filled with out-of-towners that are there just for the oil boom. Yes the motels, apartments, restaurants, bars, etc., are booming and that economic activity trickles through the economy. Sounds good. But the crime rates have also soared in those formerly quiet semi-rural towns.

I'm in favor of the U.S. achieving energy independence by developing domestic resources. I like just about anything that might contribute towards making those oil rich rag heads irrelevant. But at what cost?

KC

fracking has been done here since the 50's.....how much more data do you need.....its not new technology.....here the oil they are fracking is a quarter mile below the water table atleast....im guessing what they are fracking in Cali is similar....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 257_X_50, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 45 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,807
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.