Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 102 of 229 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 228 229
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This dooode took one in the noggin and good.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
That boy took a shot alright.

Seen a pair of titties do same.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Pretend to Imagine,that you won't. Re-laffin'!

blah blah slobber slobber

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Film at 11:00,from The Milford.

Don't need your bluritude pics of the fox knucklephucker. Don't need your film either. Saw crystal clear on the 2nd episode of North America.
But do have a question, What is the fox catch ratio when facing due north compared to any other direction.

Cocodori, you know what you are doing and fantastic pics

Swifty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Gee',
Please keep flingin' your version of the Outdoors,along with them killer pics of same and don't forget the fences,feeders,gates,ear tags,Golf Carts and other "essentials".

No problem there B

Try these on

for [bleep] n' giggles

we've been snaring hogs here for several years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can tell where the hogs come through holes in the fence. Usually the holes are something that don't attract deer. Only thing we've caught in these snares so far is hogs. Coyote and fox don't seem to frequent the same paths as the hogs.

[Linked Image]

traps work pretty good also.

[Linked Image] unstuff/IMG_9871.jpg.html][Linked Image] [/URL]

[Linked Image]

Between trapping, snaring and shooting, I keep us in pork.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0401_zpsafb8d11d.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0407-1_zps98caf6f7.jpg[/img]

don'tcha just luv it. LOL
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0809_zps5e5893f8.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gee', do you have your camcorder mounted on the ATV?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SLM

It's actually a GoPro Hero3 black edition mounted in a spring loaded case. I figured it would add another dimension to the fun and games.

Best

GWB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They make golfcart mounts for those, huh?grin

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by SLM

It's actually a GoPro Hero3 black edition mounted in a spring loaded case. I figured it would add another dimension to the fun and games.

Best

GWB

Thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They all good to eat or just the smaller ones?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GWB is doing an awful lot with what amazingly leetle he has to work with. When I get to be 57.5 years old, I'm gonna get me a golf cart or a caddy, one or the other. My caddy will be sort of like a Sherpa.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Hogs are vermin in Texas. I am on a trespass lease on private land. Most landowners want every hog that you see. Some landowners will show you to the gate if they find out you saw a hog and did not try to kill it.
Having said that, I do not clean every one I shoot. The larger boars, if I can smell them 15 yards away, I don't even bother.
In the summer, many times I just take the backstraps (loins) and the hindquarters. In the fall and winter, I'll usually take the whole thing, quarter it up and have it on ice within say two hours of the time I kill it. Ususally wet age for six days. I'll have ground pork, loins, roasts, sausage, ribs. I put fatty portions in the crock pot for carnitas. Hinds make great pulled pork. I'll trade a hind to one of my Mex friends grandmas for spicy pork tamales. Last time I was up we took six hogs from about 30 lbs. up to say 120 lbs. I took the hinds and loins off two. My bud did the same with one other.

Best,

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
GWB is doing an awful lot with what amazingly leetle he has to work with. When I get to be 57.5 years old, I'm gonna get me a golf cart or a caddy, one or the other. My caddy will be sort of like a Sherpa.

[Linked Image]

I'll be 62 this year. Opening weekend of bow season 2009 (57 and 3/4) I got caught holding up the back end of a Polaris 500 we were unloading, about chest high. At 5'8", 190 lbs. and almost 58 years, I could not press 350 lbs. But, my bud's head was under one of the back wheels. I manged to hold up long enough for him to exticate himself, but in the mean time, I popped a double hernia. Was almost a year before I had surgery. Got tired of having to lay down and push my guts back in. They said it would be no big deal and I would be fine in 8 to 10 weeks. They lied. Took about a year before I felt like myself again.
What's the song about being as good once as I ever was. Not hardly. But what the hey. It all good. I enjoy what I do, and the opportunity to do it, and do try to make the most of it.

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hogs are vermin in Texas. I am on a trespass lease on private land. Most landowners want every hog that you see. Some landowners will show you to the gate if they find out you saw a hog and did not try to kill it.
Having said that, I do not clean every one I shoot. The larger boars, if I can smell them 15 yards away, I don't even bother.
In the summer, many times I just take the backstraps (loins) and the hindquarters. In the fall and winter, I'll usually take the whole thing, quarter it up and have it on ice within say two hours of the time I kill it. Ususally wet age for six days. I'll have ground pork, loins, roasts, sausage, ribs. I put fatty portions in the crock pot for carnitas. Hinds make great pulled pork. I'll trade a hind to one of my Mex friends grandmas for spicy pork tamales. Last time I was up we took six hogs from about 30 lbs. up to say 120 lbs. I took the hinds and loins off two. My bud did the same with one other.

Best,

GWB

A friend lives up at Center Tx and shoots them as well. He wants me to come down hunting and I think piggies were on the list with deer. I think I will take him up on that invite. He mentions eating the smaller ones and are generally good eating. I'm thinkin he covers them with Tony Chachere's magic powder. Old boy got me hooked on that stuff. Every time I cross the line, I bring some home.

No pigs here in Canada. Good thing from the damage I see from them.

What's this "six day wet age" you speak of? I cut meat for over 20yrs and am not familiar with that term.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

A friend lives up at Center Tx and shoots them as well. He wants me to come down hunting and I think piggies were on the list with deer. I think I will take him up on that invite. He mentions eating the smaller ones and are generally good eating. I'm thinkin he covers them with Tony Chachere's magic powder. Old boy got me hooked on that stuff. Every time I cross the line, I bring some home.

What's this "six day wet age" you speak of? I cut meat for over 20yrs and am not familiar with that term.

One of the first deer I shot was on December 19th. I remember it because it was two days before my birthday, and it was 91 degrees F. Two weeks ago when I was at my lease, it was 102 in the shade and 113 in the direct sunlight according to my digital thermometer. At those temps, it don't take long for meat to "go green" or spoil if you would. I go in heavy to where I hunt. I always pack two 200 quart ice chests with 140 lbs. of ice in each specifically for meat. I keep an extra chest for temporary holding of ice. When I kill an animal, I to have it skinned and on ice within an hour or so from the time it is killed. Sometimes it my be two hours, but not much longer. I'll prepare a bed of ice, say 4 to six inches. Depending on the size of the critter I either put in the chest whole, quarter it, or bone it out. In any case it goes directly on ice. I will keep it on ice with chest tilted so as the ice melts the meat will bleed out and drain. I continually add ice for six days or so to "wet age". Sometimes in the winter it is cold enough to let meat hang for a while. Most times not. It is a way I can let my meat "age" before wrapping it in freezer paper and putting up in the freezer.

Now when you are talking Tony's, you are preaching to the choir.

Ya' can't go wrong with
Tony's, garlic powder, black pepper, cilantro and peppers."

Here's a pix of stuff I use in the preparation of pork "carnitas". I'll take and cut up pork and put in the crock pot, season and cook for about 8 hours. Wrap it in corn tortillas or put it on an onion roll. Good enough to make you want to slap yo' daddy down.

[Linked Image]

make a bed of onions

[Linked Image]

add the pork,

[Linked Image]

cilantro, peppers and seasonings

[Linked Image]

and slow cook for 8 to 10 hours.

We put Tonys' on or in just about everything.
Hell, if you want PM me an address and I'll send ya some.

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/30/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GWB, got any fishin' pictures?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
GWB, got any fishin' pictures?

I caught my first fish at 3 yrs. old. I stayed with my grandma a lot growing up. We fished almost every day.

Between '61 and 2007 we had a place that had a 4 acre lake and a mile of creek front. I grew up running that creek and fishing that lake, as did my kids.

[Linked Image]

Did quite a bit of bay fishing back then also. Offshore, not so much. I figure, if I can see land, I can make it. Eighty miles off shore, don't think I'm that good a swimmer.

I took pix back then, but we went through two floods in the mid to late 80's and I lost most of the photos I took between the late sixties and then. Course back then it was all film and negatives. Nothing digital. I think I got my first digital camera around 2000.

For the last 20 years or so my emphasis has been on collecting rifles, reloading, shooting and hunting. I live 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. However, for some reason, fishing has not been a priority. As I've mentioned here before, I operate within a narrow band of mediocrity.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear that Texas Gulf drum put up one heck of a fight. And you can fish close to shore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gee, offshore is good. Phouc swimmin' home, walking is preferred.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Gee, offshore is good. Phouc swimmin' home, walking is preferred.

BD,

easy for you to say.............

and even thought I'm saved, shaved and well behaved,

sinner that I am, I sink like a stone.

Best

GWB

Page 102 of 229 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 160user, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 30 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,452
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.