Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
An amputee was killed by dogs in Harleyville, S.C., and WCIV shared the details on May 14. Carlton Freeman was attacked by a pack of pit bull dogs and dragged from his wheelchair, and now the coroner's office has released details about the horrifying death.

http://www.examiner.com/article/amp...eman-dies-after-pack-of-pit-bulls-attack

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pit Bulls are the dog version of Islamists and the religion of peace

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Man and family should have carried. Owner of dogs responsible.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh but some here will say they are misunderstood. crazy

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And just in case TRH says it is all a misunderstanding, a fellow was mauled by three of the mongrels in Sydney this last week.

There is a very simple way to end all this, make the owners liable for any and all damage caused by their mutts...including lengthy gaol terms for damage to people.

Dog kills someone...owner does time for murder.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
And just in case TRH says it is all a misunderstanding, a fellow was mauled by three of the mongrels in Sydney this last week.

There is a very simple way to end all this, make the owners liable for any and all damage caused by their mutts...including lengthy gaol terms for damage to people.

Dogs are animals, you cannot control an animal, hell you can't control people. By your logic if your off spring kill someone you should do jail time. Also by your logic, someone hits a deer and dies the state governor should do jail(after all the states 'own' the deer and he is the head of the state) time and pay the family of the deceased. Jail time does not really solve anything accept making the prison corporations more money and in turn makes people harden criminals because no one wants to hire a convict.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mossbergman

Dogs are animals, you cannot control an animal, hell you can't control people. By your logic if your off spring kill someone you should do jail time. Also by your logic, someone hits a deer and dies the state governor should do jail(after all the states 'own' the deer and he is the head of the state) time and pay the family of the deceased. Jail time does not really solve anything accept making the prison corporations more money and in turn makes people harden criminals because no one wants to hire a convict.

My word you can, cage the bastards...and tech-screw the truly vicious bastards to their owners crotch.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Are you another of the c_nts that do not think the owners bear any responsibilty?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Further...if my beast, horse or any other farm stock gets out on the road, then I am legally responsible for any damage that it causes...if someone is killed by that animal I will be spending time in gaol.
And that is with fairly benign farm stock...anyone not controlling an animal that is dangerous is even more culpable, which is why big cats and other nasty biting dangerous things are caged and not taken for walkies up the main street or left to run loose in town.

You own the c_nt of a thing then you damn sure can accept responsility.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the owners should have responsibility for their pet's actions. But it's a civil matter. Not criminal.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Google pit bull attacks and you can read until you are sick about horrific pit bull maulings that take place daily. Most swear the dogs was perfectly gentle until it ripped the throat out of their child. There is more denial about this breed than anything on earth. Reality is they are unpredictable and dangerous.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pira114
I think the owners should have responsibility for their pet's actions. But it's a civil matter. Not criminal.

I would bet that the poor fellow that got chewed to death was not feeling too "civil" in his last moments, and until it changes turkeys will continue to allow their pits and other biters to roam and chew people to pieces.

If a couple of black fellas kicked the fellow to death there would be righteous indignation...but owners of dogs that kill get a free pass...can't have poochy owner held responsible for killing someone, can we.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I disagree.

It should be, and I believe is often considered, criminal.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

+1 on that. If you are going to own a pitbull, you should be held responsible when it gets out and mauls somebody. I'm a dog lover but these are truly worthless animals.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh no! Not another pit Basset misunderstanding.

You endanger anyone with your foolishness and you pay, JAIL, big time!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
An unsupervised pack of any breed of medium to large dog is a problem waiting to happen, but a pack of such dogs belonging to a breed specifically designed not to quit whatever it is they got in their heads to do is a whole world more dangerous still.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pitbulls Yorkies and Parolees. TRH's favorite TV show. Feel better now Hawk?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
An unsupervised pack of any breed of medium to large dog is a problem waiting to happen, but a pack of such dogs belonging to a breed specifically designed not to quit whatever it is they got in their heads to do is a whole world more dangerous still.

Sometimes I wonder if you were specifically designed to be a dumbazz. But it would be rude to ask.........

So I won't. smile

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'll bet the owner said her dogs were "sweet".

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Civil responsibility doesn't mean much of anything when the trash that own these dogs have all of 500 bucks to their name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.