Hop To
Page 103 of 229 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
I hear that Texas Gulf drum put up one heck of a fight. And you can fish close to shore.

They do and you can. We used to go down to a place southeast of Galveston past Bolivar called Rollover Pass when I was a kid. My grandpa was a non-union barber and closed his shop on Wednesdays. We'd go down Tuesday night and fish till dawn. We'd free shrimp and catch gaff-top, trout, croaker, whiting and reds.

In my late teens I had a boat and we would fish Galveston and Trinity bay.
During my surfing days we would fish Port O Connor, Corpus and the jetties at Port Isabel. IIRC during the spring we'd hit the run of Spanish mackerel or sheephead when they were spawning. Couple times I even put shark bait on the front of my board and paddled way out. Sharkfishermen would pay you a couple dollars to do that. I lived for part one summer on Galveston island painting beach houses in order to make enough to take a surf trip to Mexico. My bud and I would go behind his house and gig flounder in the bay using lanterns at night. We kept crab traps set, or robbed them if necessary for crabs for boiling and stuffing for flounder.
Now days I do most of my fishing at HEB, Kroger or Walmart. I can get Salmon fillets and fresh shrimp for $6.50 a lb. Scallops are about $15 per pound. Marinate them a combination of rotel tomatoes,chilis and lime juice, put that in a blender with serrano peppers, fresh cilantro, onions, garlic and a little italian dresssing, some Tony Chacheies for three or four hours, then cook over a hot mesquite fire. Yum.

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/30/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

Biscuit,
Outstanding. Details?

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
They do and you can. We used to go down to a place southeast of Galveston past Bolivar called Rollover Pass when I was a kid.

We fished in the surf on Padre Island when we lived down there, my best redfish was 44".

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
They do and you can. We used to go down to a place southeast of Galveston past Bolivar called Rollover Pass when I was a kid.

We fished in the surf on Padre Island when we lived down there, my best redfish was 44".

Sir,

Better than anything I ever caught. Water and beaches are much nicer off PI than Galveston or Freeport.

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

Here's to the sanctity of your incredible [bleep] Stupidity and Applebee's being the Holy Grail of your cuisine critique. Laffin'!

Eagerly awaiting your next BWT and the "report" on all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had,from all the places you've almost been.

You're doing "great"!

As an aside,didja know that starting this past Tuesday,Applebee's delivered? Now ALL your Dreams have come true.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

'Cub,

Cat got your tongue,or couch got your [bleep]?!? I know...I know,it's a rare blend of both. Laffin'!

Oh my,a BWT to Texas?!? I'm [bleep] cryin' I'm laughing so hard! Looking forward to them excuses.

Bless your heart.

Swifty,

I'll feign my "surprise" that TV "works" so "well" for you. Laffin'!

Few things more compelling,than a Do Nothing Dumbphuck with her dander up and you really steal the show. Lemme fuel your Imagination,with a pic from day before yesterday,so you can practice your War Face. Laffin'!

Curiously enough,it's 12 is due North,should that help your Pretend. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

'Nother,as a map on mebbe how to remove your head from your ass..so you can contort just so. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

No wonder you stupid [bleep] sooooooooooooooo rely on your [bleep] Imaginations,as you set on your [bleep] and practice your Pretend.

I'd sure like to see a pic of you,brinky,'Cub,Shefire and the rest of The Do Nothing Gang side by each,as it'd shame a [bleep] Jerry Lewis Telethon in it's cross-eyed "splendor".

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

WyoWhimper,

Do tell about the Bees and Cellphones,as that schit is still [bleep] hilarious after these years. Cheer up...I'm certain more than a few saved that Thread for "posterity".

Go ahead and poke your toe in that water.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

Gee',

Are all your Carts automatics?

Laffin'!

SLM,

I'd like to see GoPro footage of Shefire's BWT to Appelbee's.

Laffin'!

Bull Sprig Burnout,afterburner Blurtitude from yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Arctic Leech feedin' frenzy...which ain't a bad show,here along The Milford. Them Arctic Leeches migrate underground and you can literally feel the ground shake,as the mass comes South.

Thinkin' you could PM NotSoSwifty and she could give you connect percentages,as per her tethered [bleep] and TV ratings.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Hell...mebbe she could even quantify which they do better on,the Black 'Un's or the White 'Un's,though such Scientific nomenclature will make Shefire think of Cadillacs. Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/2R8G7445.jpg[/img]

BEST Thread EVAH!

'slave,

That pic is genuine Pirated Pixels...though it do soothe her Pretend,according to her Imagination.

The Do Nothing Gang holds plagiarism in high regard and it'd be tough to argue,that it ain't their one and only move.

Laffin'!

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good morning Sunshine!

and yes, automatics (in Polaris ATV's) are my preference.

So keep on the sunny side there B.

Best

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning Sunshine!

Tell him he's awesome, he'll believe you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the first deer I shot was on December 19th. I remember it because it was two days before my birthday, and it was 91 degrees F. Two weeks ago when I was at my lease, it was 102 in the shade and 113 in the direct sunlight according to my digital thermometer. At those temps, it don't take long for meat to "go green" or spoil if you would. I go in heavy to where I hunt. I always pack two 200 quart ice chests with 140 lbs. of ice in each specifically for meat. I keep an extra chest for temporary holding of ice. When I kill an animal, I to have it skinned and on ice within an hour or so from the time it is killed. Sometimes it my be two hours, but not much longer. I'll prepare a bed of ice, say 4 to six inches. Depending on the size of the critter I either put in the chest whole, quarter it, or bone it out. In any case it goes directly on ice. I will keep it on ice with chest tilted so as the ice melts the meat will bleed out and drain. I continually add ice for six days or so to "wet age". Sometimes in the winter it is cold enough to let meat hang for a while. Most times not. It is a way I can let my meat "age" before wrapping it in freezer paper and putting up in the freezer.

Thanks for that. Interesting way to age meat. It's not something I've ever heard of up here. Is there any advantage over dry hanging other than you don't need a walk-in? All our moose go into a cooler as the weather in Sept can be warm and by the time deer season starts 1/2 through Oct, it's cold enough to hang in the garage.

We put Tonys' on or in just about everything.

That's what I was told when I was initiated to Tony's .... "We put that stuff on everything". Had some on my mashed potatoes last night and again on my eggs this morn. Esp good on moose chili.

if you want PM me an address and I'll send ya some.

Thank-you much for the kind offer, but the last time I was in Houston, I came home WELL stocked up. The guy at CDN customs thought I was nuts cuz I didn't have any booze or smokes to declare, just a huge pile of spice. : )

Paul

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer

'slave,

That pic is genuine Pirated Pixels...though it do soothe her Pretend,according to her Imagination.

The Do Nothing Gang holds plagiarism in high regard and it'd be tough to argue,that it ain't their one and only move.

Laffin'!

WHAT? You gotta be [bleep] kidding me.
After all that pledging to God, Country, Scout Leadership, Truth, Justice and the American Way??????????? Shocking.

I hear Red Lobster is considering GP. BWT II coming up.

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Good morning Sunshine!

Tell him he's awesome, he'll believe you.

Well, don't know about that, I usually don't tell guys I'm not well acquainted with all that well, they're AWESOME

What if I just say he reminds me of the kind of fellow that RW Service (one of my fav's) may have had in mind when he penned the "Men who don't fit in"

The Men Who Don't Fit In*

Robert W. Service

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.

or would that be giving too much credit?

Best

GWB

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
geedubya, thanks for a show..Texas is a wonderful country if you have the set up to enjoy it..and you do..congradulations..have hunted there many times in years past for whitetails, turkey, hogs and exotics..great fun..My gal has never been to Texas so next spring..You enjoy your wonderful country and thanks for sharing it ...

Molon Labe
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by SuperCub

A friend lives up at Center Tx and shoots them as well. He wants me to come down hunting and I think piggies were on the list with deer. I think I will take him up on that invite. He mentions eating the smaller ones and are generally good eating. I'm thinkin he covers them with Tony Chachere's magic powder. Old boy got me hooked on that stuff. Every time I cross the line, I bring some home.

What's this "six day wet age" you speak of? I cut meat for over 20yrs and am not familiar with that term.

One of the first deer I shot was on December 19th. I remember it because it was two days before my birthday, and it was 91 degrees F. Two weeks ago when I was at my lease, it was 102 in the shade and 113 in the direct sunlight according to my digital thermometer. At those temps, it don't take long for meat to "go green" or spoil if you would. I go in heavy to where I hunt. I always pack two 200 quart ice chests with 140 lbs. of ice in each specifically for meat. I keep an extra chest for temporary holding of ice. When I kill an animal, I to have it skinned and on ice within an hour or so from the time it is killed. Sometimes it my be two hours, but not much longer. I'll prepare a bed of ice, say 4 to six inches. Depending on the size of the critter I either put in the chest whole, quarter it, or bone it out. In any case it goes directly on ice. I will keep it on ice with chest tilted so as the ice melts the meat will bleed out and drain. I continually add ice for six days or so to "wet age". Sometimes in the winter it is cold enough to let meat hang for a while. Most times not. It is a way I can let my meat "age" before wrapping it in freezer paper and putting up in the freezer.

Now when you are talking Tony's, you are preaching to the choir.

Ya' can't go wrong with
Tony's, garlic powder, black pepper, cilantro and peppers."

Here's a pix of stuff I use in the preparation of pork "carnitas". I'll take and cut up pork and put in the crock pot, season and cook for about 8 hours. Wrap it in corn tortillas or put it on an onion roll. Good enough to make you want to slap yo' daddy down.

[Linked Image]

make a bed of onions

[Linked Image]

add the pork,

[Linked Image]

cilantro, peppers and seasonings

[Linked Image]

and slow cook for 8 to 10 hours.

We put Tonys' on or in just about everything.
Hell, if you want PM me an address and I'll send ya some.

Best

GWB

This looks good

Tater
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good morning Glen!!!

yeah, that would be giving him WAAAAAYYYYY to much credit!!

I mean, when a guy spends as much time as he does, jerking off, kissing his own ass, and filling his bottomless ego up with " ain't I wonderful!!!" BS, what ya got is the biggest septic tank known to man.. all in some guy 3 feet 22 inches high. How mind boggling is that? All wrapped around an IQ of 2 1/2?

Speaking of Jerry Lewis Telethons, isn't it funny that Jerry Lewis was doing charity work like that to make life better for retards like him? Ironic ain't it?

I'm going to consult with my son, and let him know that Schmuck and some guy over in Lewiston didn't approve of what he wanted to do on his birthday with his folks, nor his choice of where he wanted to eat at.....I am sure he will be highly concerned....at least once he stops laughing.....

Schmuck and His VP didn't criticize going to pay respects to the decease veterans at the local National Cemetery over in Central Point... must have not got around to it... tough to work when Schmuck has ADD.... ( Always a Dumbasss Disorder).. along with having an attention span of a nat's asss.. but what the hey, as the legendary Forrest Gump said after meeting Schmuck... "Stupid is as Stupid does..."

Did finally figure 0ut why Slavely loves Schtick so much... seems he likes to spend a lot of time in pursuit of Turkeys, so that would explain his fascination with Schmuck...

Well have a Great Day down there in Texas, and remember no matter how hot it may get down Houston way, it can never get as 'hot' as Schmuck thinks he is....and for Cub, no matter how 'cool' it gets in Canada, it never is as "cool" as Slavely thinks he and Schmuck are...

We " Do Nothing Gang" guys are so lucky to be able to sit on the couch and let Schmuck "do it all for us", and then donate his one post a day limit, telling us all about it.. complete with pictures, he claims to have taken in the last 24 hours, even tho we've seen half of them, 10 times before.....along with me being amazed where he can take pics of forest and then tundra, all in the last 24 hours... must be Superman, just flying all over the great white north...

As Cub Says, he truly is AWESUM, and we are so lucky to have his attentions trying so hard to impress us daily.... I know like ME you stand in Total AWE!!!! Whatta Guy!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm beginning to doubt the Applebee's BWT now.....
Got any pics of an Applebee's?
Are they your pics?

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

Biscuit,
Outstanding. Details?

Morning Slavely!

I'm going to defer that to your buddy Schmuck....

he 'knows everything'.... so I'll let him explain it to ya...

Lord know I occupy enough of his attention he feels free to comment on everything else I do in life, so he's on a roll, so its best not to get in his way....

I do love how much time he spends trying to impress everyone he calls the "Do Nothing Gang" on a daily basis....

So hope all is well over at the Truck Stop.. and look forward to some more "you and Turkey pics",, birds of a feather thing I gather.....of course I also think of you when I hear the old adage " its hard to soar with Eagles, when ya work with Turkeys"....

I'll let ya go, I have some serious couch sittin' and 'do nothin' to accomplish today... plus I have to remember to go over to Applebee's ( which Schmuck can't spell right.. big surprise) and try to sneak up on a menu, and take a few 'in the wild' pics for him, so he can slobber over, while he gets plastered again tonight, while crafting his one a day quota'ed post for tomorrow....

have a great day there Slavey...

your pal,

Seabiscuit...

PS< Some told me once upon a time you were a Jarhead? If so, thanks for your service....one day you'll have to tell us how you went from there, to becoming Schtick's Number One Groupie..... That must have been an interesting transition...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm beginning to doubt the Applebee's BWT now.....
Got any pics of an Applebee's?
Are they your pics?

Well Gee there Slavey....

here, I'll direct that question to my son for your verification....

Seafire Jr here... yeah Slave, or whatever your handle is... my dad took me to Applebee's at my request for my birthday, after taking the family to the movies to see "Fast & Furious 6" ..... and yes, we took pictures... with my camera on my I Phone... do I plan to post them on the internet for a bunch of people I don't know to look at? NO, I don't think so...

Well there ya go Slavely..... anything else burning a hole in that 2 cylinder engine between your ears this morning? If not, have a good day at the Lewiston Truck Stop & Extravaganza..... whistle

best regards
your buddy
'Biscuit....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[Linked Image]

yeah, we know... you've showed everyone before... you're the one in the back ballin' like a baby....

nice fairy godmother slippers by the way...

my oldest daughter had a pair like that when she was 2 or 3...

ya still got yours also? my daughter hung onto hers for memento's sake...

( PS, I thought 'how your roll' was like downhill, when you get schitfaced on a Saturday night, right before they bend you over the toilet at the Lewiston Truck Stop & Extravaganza...)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
[Linked Image]

Aww that's a fake.. everyone here knows Schtick never had any hair on his head, and Schmuck ain't that tall either...

although we can verify that is Slavely in the background...the one with the Pink Fairy Godmother Slippers on... the stylish trend setter that he is... whistle

Page 103 of 229 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (12344mag, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 66 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.