Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hello,

My name is Hamilton Boykin, and I work for Leica. I've been a relatively inactive member for a few years with a personal account, but I spoke with Rick about beginning an official presence and have obtained his "blessing". If you have an optics or Leica related question, I am here to help. I can't promise any outcome other than to help you to the best of my ability, but that, I WILL do. From time to time, I will also post an article (for lack of a better word) about optics and will start with a new post immediately after this one. Have a great day everyone!

Best,

Hamilton

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Welcome back, I look forward to your future posts!

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Welcome, and I enjoyed your RF post, especially on the beam divergence thing. Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Hamilton,

Thanks for joining (or-rejoining) us. I look forward to your "posts"

- Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Nice to have you back.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SpanielDog
Hello,

My name is Hamilton Boykin, and I work for Leica. I've been a relatively inactive member for a few years with a personal account, but I spoke with Rick about beginning an official presence and have obtained his "blessing". If you have an optics or Leica related question, I am here to help. I can't promise any outcome other than to help you to the best of my ability, but that, I WILL do. From time to time, I will also post an article (for lack of a better word) about optics and will start with a new post immediately after this one. Have a great day everyone!

Best,

Hamilton

I have a good connection to a Leica supplier and have been waiting for the new Geovids. They were promised in March, it is now almost June, what is the problem?

I hope it is supply/demand and not a mechanical issue...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
L
HI Shrapnel,

New product intros rarely go as planned. Sometimes parts don't arrive from suppliers, sometimes it's something else. Unfortunately, I think we get more than our fair share of it, but we can only go by what our product managers in Germany tell us. That being said, the new HD-B will begin to ship this month. For anyone with any further questions, please go to this thread.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...post_of_a_reintroduction_In_#Post7806110

I inadvertently posted this thread on my personal account rather than my work one. Doh!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hamilton,

Welcome. Good to have a rep from a fine optic manufacturer.

On to business. The 1600-B LRF. Awesome device. The think tank at Leica blew it or nailed it on various things though.

1. Barometric pressure. Glad/Happy they changed it from PSIA, as in the 1600, to Inches of Mercury, which LR shooters typically use. Easy fix though as one can simply multiply by 2x to get a useable # to input into a ballistic app.

2. They blew it when they moved away from MOA, in the 1600 for come ups, to clicks in the 1600-B. REALLY??? Clicks? When I've got a Montana mulie, sky lined at 500 yds, it's the last day of the hunt and I've got to either sit their and count clicks as I'm coming up or try and divide 105 by 4, in my head. It was quite a pressing matter to me. Needed to stay with MOA!!!!

3. Who chose black as the color for the device? Black absorbs heat. Just yesterday, I'm shooting at 1100 yds. I forgot and left my 1600-B sitting on the bench, in direct sunlight. Once I put it back in the shade of my shooting box, the temperature dropped 15 deg in 5 minutes. A fifteen degree swing moves my impact 4.6" and that's for a bullet with a .618 G1 BC. I'm sure it would be more for a 400 or 500 class BC bullet. May not be a big thing you but it is for me. Make it white or some color that does not absorb heat.

4. Awesome size! Carry it in my shirt pocket with the strap around my neck. Cudos!

5. Need more than 12 ballistic curves. Better yet, make it programable for exact ballistic and weather data input; like the Gunwerks G7 BR2, which I just bought and will now likely sell my 1600-B. Make the 1600-B programable and you'll beat the G7 by nearly 1/2 the price.

What do I know? I've owned the Swaro Laser Guide. Loved it and used it a lot. Sold it when I acid tested Leica's 1600. Rinse and repeat with the 1600-B; and now the G7 BR2. About 4 years of continual and massive use of some of the finest LRF's out there.

Alan

Last edited by GSSP; 06/10/13.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.