Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Some places like Menards have an automatic waiting period on check payments which always makes the payment late. At least that is what the local menards told me a few weeks ago when I went in to pay my bill. Cash would be considered on time, and check would be late payment...

One of the new guys....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
I had an ATM fail to give me money one time, but it did deduct the amount from my account. I went to the bank the next morning first thing but got no money until they counted the machine and they did not do that until regular maintenance time. I got my money but was not pleased with the way it was handled. miles

Understandably so and most wouldn't be pleased either but as far as I know that is standard procedure for most banks when something like that happens. I've had customers approach me while I was servicing a machine saying the ATM kept their card and wanted me to return it to them but I wasn't allowed to. Strict bank policy was that all captured cards must be brought inside first. Only they handled all returns of captured ATM or credit cards in case of canceled, reported lost, fake cards, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nationstar Mortgage, remember that name. They have pulled every scam in the book trying to get late fees. For a few months in a row they tried this-
The bill for the mortgage arrives 3 days before due date. They deliberately send it out late so they can charge late fees. Automated phone system set up to frustrate you and circle you almost indefinately but eventually to a dead end with no solution or human contact. Statements lack proper contact phone numbers.

Crooks of the highest order. Where are the politicians in writing laws to protect us from these predators?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well LOL we've all learned we can trust bankers.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pay all my bills on line I almost never write a check anymore. I been living with out credit cards since 1996! I have a debit/credit card attached to my checking account. Along with the bank app on my iPhone, an app for my insurance and app for my phone carrier, I pay my bills when I want to, I have not seen a paper bill in a good decade. I don't know what to say about the late fee's on your mortgage. Other than to send a payment in a good 15 days before due if using the mail. Maybe getting a few payments ahead might avoid this stuff? In the old days when I traveled a lot for work and such, I would put money on account so that I had that piece of mind.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I pay most of our bills online now. It saves stamps, envelopes, and a lot of time. I have none set up for automatic payment. I want to control exactly when they go out.

Me too. Only one I have on autopay is State Farm auto and they won't have it any other way.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad we have our mortgage with the bank down the street so I just swing in and pay on my way to work. I can't imagine if I had to spend all that time on the phone trying to fix something across the country; if there's a problem I just go in and talk to the lady who used to work with the Sunday school I went to and fix it. smile

Last edited by Mr_Saw; 06/02/13.

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
I pay most of our bills online now. It saves stamps, envelopes, and a lot of time. I have none set up for automatic payment. I want to control exactly when they go out.

Me too. Only one I have on autopay is State Farm auto and they won't have it any other way.
Yes they will. I have 3 cars on State Farm and I manually pay them. If you can't do it, its your bank, not State Farm.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
I went thru this crap 15 years ago, with my wife's Sears Credit Card... after going around and around with them, they had the audacity to tell me, that it was not when the payment was received by them, it was when they processed it...

I have no doubt that is what they told you, but by law IT IS WHEN YOU MAIL THE PAYMENT. Just be able to prove the date you mailed it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by birddog65
We have had 2 late house payments in the past 4 months-(the last 2 months , I sent the payment with cert. mail and a tracking number----not late) The mortgage Co. charged us $69.00 2 times and wifey swears that she sent both payments out 10 plus days in advance. Before this, no late payments at all. So I'm telling my best friend about it and guess what? He had the same thing happen with his credit card payment. He said that he sent it out right away and it came with a late payment the next month. Anyone have this happen?? Mark.

Which mortgage company?

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd

Yes they will. I have 3 cars on State Farm and I manually pay them. If you can't do it, its your bank, not State Farm.

State Farm out of Birmingham, Alabama gives me a discount for them to debit my account each month.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always figure that those "discounts" just mean that you are paying the regular price and those who don't qualify are paying extra.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

382 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.