Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
EWY Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
I was at Wal Mart early yesterday morning and decided to stop by sporting goods. There was one fellow waiting there and when I looked at the ammo shelves behind the counter I saw some 525 round packs of Remington 22 Rimfire. When the person working the counter came over the fellow in front of me said I want all the 22s you will sell me. 3 box limit. I bought 1 box. I was told I could buy 3. I only wanted one. I said I would leave the other boxes for someone else. The clerk looked shocked and said it would be nice if others did the same.
I think that if people didn't buy all they could this shortage would end sooner. I have no problem with stocking up. I have a fair amount of 22 but just picked up another pack. I split that pack with a friend that wanted a little plinking ammo.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Or you could say that if the folks that have a fair stash quit adding to it.....

Never ending deal here, at least for the short term.

Although I think it bodes well in the thougth that folks are scared of their corrupt government and no longer trust it much. And it speaks to the fact that even though many gun owners for some ignorant or stupid reason refuse to join NRA, there are more gun owners out there than one might think

I have a stash of 22 too. I won't buy any in the near future other than some primer powered super colibri as I'm under 1000 of them, but shoot the quite a bit at home in the yard on cowbirds and the like. Wait it out till its back to normal and then add to the stash a bit more.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We all have a minimum threshold of what we run down to. I used to re stock at 1000 rounds, now I keep 5000 on hand. I will continue to keep that number from now on as my personal "zero". I can't imagine the extra ten bricks I bought tipped over the world of 22 shells.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will buy it when I find it from now on.....I wont ever be short again

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I will buy it when I find it from now on.....I wont ever be short again
My thoughts exactly. Working towards 3,000 rounds now, with 5,000 being the goal. I won't go to Gander Mountain at 6:00 in the morning to wait 3 hours because they got a shipment in, but any time I find it on a shelf, it's going home with me.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wouldn't have bought Remingtons

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I wish somebody'd leave some for me. I'm down to 1800 rds. and haven't been doing any shooting this summer for fear of running out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I wish somebody'd leave some for me. I'm down to 1800 rds. and haven't been doing any shooting this summer for fear of running out.

Actually BH you are using your damned head saving your ammos when there is none readily available.

Plink hell...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zero .22's in Walmart at Harrisburg, Il. yesterday..not much of anything else either. Hasn't been any .22 for quiet a while that I've seen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spies report latest sweep of retail emporiums have no decent .22 for sale, not even the "cheap" stuff. Zip, zippo, nada.
Ridiculous. There have to be people with 20,000 rounds all over. Who paid a 60,000 round price.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They had a few boxes of 325 Federal Match at Walmart in AR last week. It's the first I've seen since before Christmas, and I check whenever I go. I bought three and they were gone an hour later, my daughter bought the last one.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by blairvt
I wouldn't have bought Remingtons

I bought bricks of Remington Golden 22's ONLY as an investment before the recent shortage. Sold it for 2X my investment. Both seller and buyer were happy. My guns don't like the Rem stuff.

Originally Posted by GeoW
Actually BH you are using your damned head saving your ammos when there is none readily available.

I agree.

Originally Posted by GeoW
Plink hell...

What?? [Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have yet to find any .22LR, other than VERY expensive Ely match stuff.
Mom and Pop, big box, no matter, just none available. I have given away several thousand rounds. I sent a lot up to Virginia to help my Cousin keep the Boy Scouts shooting in his town.
I gave a lot away to other friends and relatives, when they could not find any at any price.
Yeah, I'll rebuild my own stock when I can, but I can honestly say I did not profit from helping others in this time of shortage.

Sam......

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I haven't shot any .22 for a while. I leave everything I have for my boy. I buy when I see it to keep him shooting, but I have stock on hand as well.

Blackheart.......depending on your AO, if you're still running low when I head to Ohio, Ill drop you some.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Was in Pennsylvania last week visiting family and stopped at a Wal mart, and of course, cruised sporting goods.
They had 4 boxes (375 rd) of CCI ar tactical 22 ammo, Never saw it before, it's 40 gr solid.
It was 1 box per customer, so I bought one and wife bought one.
The first 22 I've seen in months.
I will by 22 whenever I find it.

JAP Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by EWY
I was at Wal Mart early yesterday morning and decided to stop by sporting goods. There was one fellow waiting there and when I looked at the ammo shelves behind the counter I saw some 525 round packs of Remington 22 Rimfire. When the person working the counter came over the fellow in front of me said I want all the 22s you will sell me. 3 box limit. I bought 1 box. I was told I could buy 3. I only wanted one. I said I would leave the other boxes for someone else. The clerk looked shocked and said it would be nice if others did the same.
I think that if people didn't buy all they could this shortage would end sooner. I have no problem with stocking up. I have a fair amount of 22 but just picked up another pack. I split that pack with a friend that wanted a little plinking ammo.

Ernie

What did you have to pay for them? Cabelas had them this morning in the Rogers AR. store for $23 and change. I passed on them.

Jim

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm well stocked but if I was t I'd be in trouble, havnt seen any bulk 22 around here since this craze started. Zero zip nada...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I got homeless people standing in line for me. Small 'arrangement' is worked out, they get extra lasagna at the Loaves-n-Fishes, all is handled thru a pre-paid Visa card.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have yet to find any .22LR, other than VERY expensive Ely match stuff.
Mom and Pop, big box, no matter, just none available. I have given away several thousand rounds. I sent a lot up to Virginia to help my Cousin keep the Boy Scouts shooting in his town.
I gave a lot away to other friends and relatives, when they could not find any at any price.
Yeah, I'll rebuild my own stock when I can, but I can honestly say I did not profit from helping others in this time of shortage.

Very honorable - sincerely meant.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I been getting some real good black market 22 lr so far so good can't beat $20 per 1000

I got hooked on phonics
Guess my IP now fistphuckology!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 28 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.