Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 110 of 229 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 228 229
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Now ifin this turns into a cowboy boot picture thread I am in. The Mrs. and I have a little boot fettish ourselves. Geedub I remember that movie. I plan to make it to Texas just got to get the daughter married and the grand baby born and all. Spent enough today helping her get a car to have came down and had a good time. But her and my grandchild need a good safe dependable car more than I need to hunt. On a plus note I moved up almost 90 spots on the out of work book last week so I should be back to work in a month or so unless things tighten up again. Gonna be rough having to get outta my chair to go work. Have to find someone to keep my shooting bench company all week also! smile

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

My dad got those boot tops in Mexico sometime shortly after WWII. They are one of my prized possessions. We pass boots down. My grandson has a pair that I wore as a boy. Hopefully he will grow into the pair pictured above.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do remember that''n. Recall the scene where Garner puts his pinky in the muzzle of a pistol being pointed at him. Bad guy got all cranked and said something to the point about what that would do to his gun. Garner said "Well, it won't do my finger much good either."

I been to Australia.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
�Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans�; John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

PG,

I'd miss all the hogs, varmints and small game we have,

but the scenery would prolly more than make up for that.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Montana/DSC03603_zps36a0b674.jpg[/img]
I think my bones could rest easy there.

Best

GWB

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Those boots would come clear up to his armpits.

Laffin'

so he can't wear both of them at the same time...

big deal....

he can wear one with a pogo stick inside, and get around just fine... ( hey is that where "Big Stick" came from? his pogo stick?).. then after he wears the first one's sole out, he can wear the other, while he get the first one resoled....

I don't know if you have heard rumors that Schtick models his life off of Jeff Dunham's puppets... but in actuality, it is Jeff Dunham who models his puppets after the very very Colorful Schtick....

[Linked Image]

( yeah that is a pirated set of pixels... from Schtick's Facebook page)

notice the similar height and the family resemblance?

Jeff Dunham gets all of his material reading Schtick's posts... you guys didn't know he was that famous...did ya?

Jose Jalapeno.. on a "Stick"....is modeled after Schtick wearing his cowboy boot with the POGO STICK inside... didn't know that either, did ya? Not Jose's FooManChoo, and the hat hiding the bald head...and being on "A Stick".... I tell ya, ya can't make this stuff up...

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kaleb,

Must be really "rewarding" for you to spend so much time Dreaming about all the things you'll never do,in places you'll never visit,with wares you'll never have. Laffin'!

Wow that is COOL,that you got to go in an airplane and fly over a field and a tree,at the same time. Must be very "satisfying" for you,to scratch that from your Bucket List?!? Laffin'!

I'm [bleep] cryin',I'm laughing so hard!

Wow +P+!

Archie',

In the interest of Science,I'm trying to see if it is possible to have "too many" 223/223AI's. I believe it to be an impossibility,though I've an open mind.(grin)

Rifle is sound,dotes on the 75A-Max and after some modest bedding(fore end pressure point),trigger tweak,fodder crafted in regards to it's throat(2.455" square kiss),magbox spacer slide,ejector shortenin' and re-profilin',rear of the front receiver ring flarin' and a veddy modest Weatherby-esque cutout of ejection port...it's a leetle more,than just a leetle bit capable.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Swapped scopes,so as to yield my favoritest Killing Reticle(CPC/DOT).

[Linked Image]

Weather was blown up,so never stretched it beyond the 700yd line,but it were doing nice things at 200 during bedding critique,with the lowly 6x42.

[Linked Image]

Keep forgetting about the BLR and actually haven't put eyes on it in a spell. Too much to do,too little time and I'm always grindin' away at sumptin'.

It'sa Rough Life.(grin)

Shefire,

Manage to scrounge up enough pop cans,to partake another "exciting" BWT?!? Didn't think so. Laffin'!

Never not hilarious however,that you've always the time to stick things in your mouth and azz...then concoct excuses as to why you are such an incredibly inept Do Nothing Piece Of Schit.

Lemme fuel your Imagination and give you positive direction both.

[Linked Image]

Keep that [bleep] tethered,as only you can and please continue to Whine eloquently...reflecting poignantly on all your years of ineptitude and the amazingly long list of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you have almost been.

Bless your heart and Happy Imagination to you.

P.S. and by the way.

[img]http://milspecmonkey.com/store/298-thickbox_atch/harden-up.jpg[/img]

Laffin'!...though it weren't my intent to horn you up.

Kudos as per always,to 'Monkey and their crystal vision.

DD,

I learned patience,hiding in any one of the barns,overlooking a grain fueled Bait Station...waiting to sluice unsuspecting victims with a Red Ryder. Always could outlast schit.(grin)

Always carried Bee Bop with me,when murdering Old Growth Doug Fir,as surprising a Bald-Faced Hornet's nest ain't a feel good move. With 'Bop you could easily Pass shoot singles or a herd and they never had a [bleep] chance. Fire is a literal gas,but tough to 'splain when Hoot Owlin'.(grin)

Prolly had me a fair to middlin' time yesterday,doin' things that couldn't be done with a Full Race 10/22 and it's curious,how the greatest passions is the ones formulated oh sooooooooo many moons ago. 'Course,I always could have fun,when everyone else was cryin' the blues.(grin)

Like I tell the boys at work..."if this is bad...I'll take ALL the "bad" they got".

'Cub,

Love the excuses and your "hard charging" ways,as well as your fine photography.

Mebbe in your next "Life"...Imagination and Pretend won't be your focus?!!? Reality ain't for everyone,as you oh sooooooooooo eloquently attest.

Laffin'!

'bird,

They's just Sea Gulls,though they do come in various shapes/sizes.

I know they ain't as "regal" as a Turkey struttin' along the barbed-wire...but I only get to play in the real Outdoors.(grin)

Gee',

Lookin' forward to your book: "Fighting Gates & Hopping Barbed Wire Fences...The Texas Version Of The Outdoors".

Laffin'!

'gwe,

Newest Montucky 223 ("SAMTUCKY" due it being SAAMI chambered,as of this moment),makes 2940fps with 75's.

Always wanted to shoot some of them 50's,to see what the hype was all about. Though I believe if I were gonna do that,in one of them 223AI's,I'd be slingin' about 30grs of '335 in formed R/P hulls and net 3750fps at launch. Read about it in Field & Stream.

Their speed advantage,apparently really slaps hell outta the slower stuff and their grossly superior aerodynamic form.

F&S remains a Treasure Trove of cutting edge info.

Laffin'!

SLM,

Purty sure,they got me on the ropes.

Again.

Laffin'!

WSM,

Funnier than [bleep],that your Imagination grants you the Pretend requisite,to believe that if you moved somewhere else...you still wouldn't be the Day Dreaming Do Nothing Piece Of Schit(DDDNPOS),that you've always been?!?

Holy [bleep] dog schit,no wonder your Pretend HAS to be sooooooooooo "real" to you.

Laffin'!

Brinky,

You are on [bleep] fire...musing a rifle that will NEVER happen,for "pursuits" that will NEVER take place.

As per always,I'll happily mail you a camera,so you can attempt to take pictures of your Pretend. Will throw $20 in the parcel,so you'll have enough gas for a BWT to boot.

Laffin'!

'groove,

I've long had a knack for wearin' boots out and I only mention that,because sandbagging understatements,crack me the [bleep] up.(grin)

Little danger of my slumming pointy toed footware,learnin' Spanish or trading the real Outdoors here along The Milford,for a watered-down Urban Cowboy version of same.Though I embrace whole heartedly,that the oblivious reiteration of same will continue on this...the BEST Thread Evah!

Could it get any [bleep] funnier,than the aspirations of some and their greatest "Adventure",is to lose a bet large enough to have to stomach Texas?!!?

Wow +P++.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
drool drool slobber slobber

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just put a horseback hunt on my bucket list. WOW!

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You're up to $40 now with all your kind offerings, PM and I'll give you an addy and e-mail. $40 ought to get me some 22LR shells.

Last edited by brinky72; 06/09/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol.....wow+p etc......I should get out more. If it wasn't for the World Wide Web I'd have never known I wasn't having fun.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Lol.....wow+p etc......I should get out more. If it wasn't for the World Wide Web I'd have never known I wasn't having fun.

FWIW,
I have found that those that undertake to point out or try to convince me that I am not having fun, enjoying myself, or that my pursuits are trivial, usually have an agenda that is less than selfless and most of the time is not in my best interest.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
I have found that those that undertake to point out or try to convince me that I am not having fun, enjoying myself, or that my pursuits are trivial, usually have an agenda that is less than selfless and most of the time is not in my best interest.

.... or suffer from booze fueled anxiety concerning being short, bald & anti-social.

In short (pun intended), they try to decrease you in order to increase themselves. The internet is perfect for this type of interaction.

Rather pathetic actually. Must be a drag living like that.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Couldn't agree more. I find it funny how folks who have never been where I've been have an expert opinion of it. I've been to your part of the world G.W. and I liked it. It might be private but it is expansive and one could get lost fairly easy if the had never been there or weren't familiar with it. The people were friendly as well. I've been to Alaska as well, went fishing too. Took a military hop to visit a friend while I was enlisted. Beautiful country as well and I recall the fishing to be alright but nothing exceptional. Time spent with an old friend is better than any fishing, any where though. I'm sure I could take some folks for a walk around my neck of the woods, spin them around and they wouldn't know their ass from a hole in a ground much like someone else here suggested to you. I'm quite happy where I'm at and if I get bored with it I'm free to travel elsewhere. We're only second to Alaska for coastline and we have the largest bodies of fresh water in the collective United States. Plenty of State, Federal and CFR land to hunt. But, no pics so it doesn't exist. Never been big on taken pics as I grew up under a "shut your mouth about where you hunt" mantra to keep the foreigners away. Maybe someday I'll steal that Nikon DSLR thingy from my wife and take a pic or two but I'm sure my pedestrian wares that I get by with won't impress. Just working man wares that work. Life's good from where I'm sitting as it seems the same with you. Don't owe a dime except a year or two on the house and the family land has been paid for some time. Pure bliss on the shores of old Gitche Gumee. grin

Last edited by brinky72; 06/09/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I'm more of an expert on things not to do rather than things you should do.

Was out in the woods back in the winter of '62-'63 with my trusty Benjamin. Some buddies were along and it was slim pickin's that day, perhaps because it was about -5*. We finally found some bottles to shoot and I was thankful 'cause my loafers just weren't cutting it for protecting my feet from frostbite. I had set a bottle or can out by itself to shoot and this other jerk-off went to shoot it and we had some verbal fisticuffs about who was gonna shoot what.

Y'all have probably had those days when you can't feel your toes, or even your feet, right? It was one of those days, so I paid no mind when I put the muzzle of Benny on my foot (right) whilst the debate continued. When I went to pick it up off my foot it discharged and I had done shot my right big toe, center of mass on the nail.

Can't feel your toes, hey? Horsefeathers, you can sure and heck feel your toes, I don't care how cold they are.

There was a perfect .22 caliber impression on the top of the loafer, almost as if a paper punch had tried to cut thru it.

I rolled around on the ground screamin' like a little girl for a spell, then finally took my loafer and sock off. I beheld the perfect purple toe nail, but no flowing blood and no ragged hole thru the toe. It felt like there shoulda been.

So, don't believe you can't feel your toes when they are cold. That's BS.

Don't rest your gun muzzle on your foot. Shocking, but I see grownups do that today at the skeet line all the time. Their shoes won't stop a 1-1/8 oz load of shot, I'm pretty sure.

Don't believe the sky will turn blue when you start cussin' on a cold winter day, it won't.

Don't believe your "buddies" will show remorse or try to help. In fact, they will laugh their butts off.

Don't try this with a .243 or .25-06.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Outstanding story and good advice.
Michael Valentine Smith would grok you in fullness.
Best

GWB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If this was the BTE I might say something like GGY, but it's a disturbing visual, all things considered, so I won't and anyway, this isn't the BTE, but I'm giving consideration of breaking the world record for a run on sentence and how am I doing for a start, assuming you wish to render an opinion or reasonable facsimile therein or thereof, I never can remember which is proper, so don't hold it against me..........OK?

I am..........disturbed.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If this was the BTE I might say something like GGY, but it's a disturbing visual, all things considered, so I won't and anyway, this isn't the BTE, but I'm giving consideration of breaking the world record for a run on sentence and how am I doing for a start, assuming you wish to render an opinion or reasonable facsimile therein or thereof, I never can remember which is proper, so don't hold it against me..........OK?

I'd GGM, but then I would be etherial and unable to post, but what the hey, a certian fellow on what he labels the BTE, would have to find someone else to deride, and I can take it, oh, by the way, I was once known as the "comma king", but who is counting, and yes, your statements, whether facile or not, seem reasonable and proper for the most part, considering the hard cases that post on this the Real BTE.
Best,

GWB

PS: Where is a Fosterite when you need one??

Last edited by geedubya; 06/09/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You mean this fosterite?

[Linked Image]

Or this one?

[Linked Image]

Guessing the latter since it was capitalized.

BD, King of Run-on Drivel

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've noticed some can get pizzed when ya shoot "their" bottles.

Years ago while zeroing some rifles at my bud's farm, one of the group had set several 2L soda bottles filled with water, at the base of the target frame.

I didn't require much range time with the 25-06 I'd fetched along, so was laying there in the grass while bottle boy was fussin' with his new custom 264 Win. varminter.

Took him so long to get that sumbitch on paper and anything close to zeroed, that I finally started poppin' his bottles. He'd fire a few shots, piss'n moan while looking through the spotter and go to futzin' with the scope again. I'd chamber another round and explode another bottle from the bipod.

Think he had one bottle left, when he finally went nutzo on me?

Told him it'd be dark by the time he got that POS anywheres close to being able to hit a bottle @ 100 yards and hated to have seen him waste the effort in fetchin' them down there.

The buddy whose range we were on, shot the last bottle with his 6mm Rem and said it was time to pack up and head for the house. ;O)

Bottle boy had that 264 built so's he could show us how to kill woodchucks. Never did see it in the field, sometime later found it on consignment at our favorite gun shop.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Manage to scrounge up enough pop cans,to partake another "exciting" BWT?!? Didn't think so. Laffin'!

Never not hilarious however,that you've always the time to stick things in your mouth and azz...then concoct excuses as to why you are such an incredibly inept Do Nothing Piece Of Schit.

Lemme fuel your Imagination and give you positive direction both.

Keep that [bleep] tethered,as only you can and please continue to Whine eloquently...reflecting poignantly on all your years of ineptitude and the amazingly long list of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you have almost been.

Bless your heart and Happy Imagination to you.

P.S. and by the way.

Laffin'!...though it weren't my intent to horn you up.

Kudos as per always,to 'Monkey and their crystal vision.

Gee,

someone must have gotten his little feelings hurt.....

look who's whining like the little bitch....

deal with it Schmuck.... your manHarem is going to get awfully disappointed in your turn for the worse...

[Linked Image]

Page 110 of 229 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.