Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Watching "The Five" right now, and the discussion is truly pathetic. Basically, to sum up, "Let the government do what it takes to protect us from terrorism". See the politicians saying the same thing, too. Thought this might be an opportunity to distinguish a party of "freedom" (GOP) from the party of the "nanny state" (Democrats).

Don't know about you guys, but if we have to turn this place into a police state to protect us from occasional terrorist attacks (not a full scale takeover, but random terrorist attacks), then I'm not sure I even know what we're protecting any more.

There's property, lives, and principle to be defended. Are we throwing out "principle" to simply defend lives and property??

I don't want to see people killed in a terrorist attack any more than anyone else. However, are we going to let our own government enslave/spy on all 300 million of us in order to "protect" us?? Is the American Dream these days simply a TV/nice house/car and "security" (not freedom)??

I'm trying to understand where "freedom" fits into the equation these days??

Not to get all "Gus" on everyone, but what say you???

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started watching the five but had to walk away from it.
I don't understand those people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't own any property. You rent it from .gov.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Give me freedom and I will make myself secure.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Like Obama says the Gooberment gave all to u

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Your presupposition that the Republicans are the party of freedom is where you went wrong.

Nothing less than exactly what I'd expect as I tell my kids all the time; the only difference between the 2 parties is which sweet nothings you'd like whispered in your ear as they butt-slam you:

"If you give us your money and freedom we'll protect you from those evil people across the sea who want to kill you"

Or

"If you give us your money and freedom we'll protect you from having to work the rest of your life"

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gary Johnston 2016!!

TFF!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Makes perfect sense -- impose tyranny to prevent tyranny.

Back when I was a kid the Soviets did not have to worry about going communist.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savage62

Not true when was the last time government gave you anythng they didn't tax you out of?

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Makes perfect sense -- impose tyranny to prevent tyranny.

Back when I was a kid the Soviets did not have to worry about going communist.

But, but, but ...

We gots the good kind of tyranny. grin

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by isaac
*** You are ignoring this user ***

You still nubbin that elephant dong dude?

That's ok... I know the answer w/o even reading!

Glub, glub, glub...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You don't have the intestinal fortitude, son. Tell us more about how you think current scandals means you were right as to voting for a 3rd party candidate who got less votes than a HS homecoming queen competetion.

Your attempts at validation crack me up. Thanks for the comedic break.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by isaac
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Glub, glub, glub...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The reality is Fox News is the Neocon News Network. Americans have no clue that Al Qaeda was created in America as a method of controlling Americans.

What is as scarey as dupes supporting the Democratic Party are dupes supporting the Republican Party. Many of the 'fire's posters threw in with Obama shills posting here; e.g., Steve_No & his lackey, PISJR as they orchestrated Obama's victory while duping the easily duped that Romnut was going to win. And they obdurately refused to consider the provable fact that Romnut was every bit as bad as Obamanation.

Posters here will come to rue the day they were duped in to turning against Ron Paul, THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE RUNNING IN 2012.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Laguna
The reality is Fox News is the Neocon News Network. Americans have no clue that Al Qaeda was created in America as a method of controlling Americans.

What is as scarey as dupes supporting the Democratic Party are dupes supporting the Republican Party. Many of the 'fire's posters threw in with Obama shills posting here; e.g., Steve_No & his lackey, PISJR as they orchestrated Obama's victory while duping the easily duped that Romnut was going to win. And they obdurately refused to consider the provable fact that Romnut was every bit as bad as Obamanation.

Posters here will come to rue the day they were duped in to turning against Ron Paul, THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE RUNNING IN 2012.

This ties up in a neat package the stupidity of the paulie mentality.

That type of thinking gave us four more of Big O.

Of course their absurdity in not seeing any difference between Obama and Romney was as bad then as their claim now that they have no responsibility for the Obamanation we are all enjoying.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
BOWSINGER,

If Romnut had a chance he would have won regardless of liberty-protecting American's support of the only true conservative in the race: Ron Paul. Romnut was landslided by Obama because he was the White Obama. You lack muzzle energy to figure it out.

It's bad enough to have made a stupid mistake. It's worse to repeat it. You're fixin' to throw in with another loser neocon. You are part of the problem plaguing America: dumbing down.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Unless the government develops a case against me with respect to terorist activities, there is no legal reason for them to record, store or retrieve anything I do or say.
This is just old fashioned investigative police work that uses the Bill of Rights as its benchmark.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's interesting from a detached observer sort of view, is that the classic means of enslaving populations have been known for thousands of years, they are highly publicized and available to anybody who wants to read, and yet even when they are as transparent as thin air they work on every society as positively as the sun rising. That's why they are the classic techniques for enslaving people.

Divide and conquer. Democrats and liberals are the enemy!!! Republicans and conservatives are the enemy!!! Look at how bad they are!! ("But, look at us, aren't we doing what we say they're doing?", cries the voice in the wilderness. "Yeah, well, they did it first, so it's okay for us to do to them what they do to us. Shut up, you f*cking traitor!!!")

Make a foreign threat to justify your actions. (We're doing this for your safety, those heathen foreigners who consider life cheap want to destroy us. But don't forget that Democrats are still the real enemy within/But don't forget that Republicans are still the real enemy within!!!)

Control the media propaganda outlets. Harass and drive out those you can't control.

Give the people bread and circuses (welfare and the latest sex scandal) to keep them distracted while you rob them blind and take away their freedom.

Works like a charm, every time...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,798
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.