Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 113 of 229 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 228 229
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's only good if it comes in the big Oil can. It aint bad if it's cold. Hell even PBR and Strohs is good cold. My favorite as of late is Yuengling, probably because I can't get it here and have to make a run for the border to get it. Leinenkugel's and Founders will have to do for now.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Here you go Seafire.
[Linked Image]
laugh grin
[Linked Image]
Will take it out tomorrow morning and shoot it.

Weaver bases and rings with a Leupold straight 6x.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I played with a 6 power Leupold on mine also, in Leupold rings and bases... mine had a target dot on it... however, I got retro and figures it was a Euro Caliber, I decided to toss a 3 x 9 Leupold on it, with a heavy German # 1 reticle..

if you end up loving yours HALF as much as I do mine.. you and it should have a long future ahead of you...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
You mean this fosterite?

[Linked Image]

Guessing the latter since it was capitalized.

BD, King of Run-on Drivel

Eva wonder why we Aussies export that stuff ?

Paul.

That's a good question actually. Given the lengths we went to locating and acquiring by hook or crook, Aussie beer back during the SE Asian war games I can't imagine why you let any of it leave your shores. Good stuff by my standards, but I may be unqualified to judge beer at all since I'm more of a whiskey slut than a pub bitch.

yeah I was always partial to Aussie and Canuck beer over most major American stuff.. however as Brink mentioned also.. Leinie and Strohs, I got to like those quite a bit...

In the VA/WVA/PA/MD area, when there I enjoyed Iron City and Rolling Rocks...Weiderman also..

Anyone from the PA area ever had "Old Frothingslosh"? I use to enjoy that one ever end of the year holiday times...one of the funnest marketing efforts I ever saw also....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Old Frothingslosh" brings back some memories.

Iron City, AKA "Red Dot" unfortunately permanently erased most of them.

Yingling Black and Tan is the best beer made in Pa. Most of the others will rot your urethra on the way out.

Last edited by battue; 06/11/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Another one of the Burghs speciality beers. Gave Red Dot a run for its money for causing nearly incurable hangovers.

Used to hit a mill bar that had a work shift special-before, during or after-made no difference. You had your choice; 7 glasses of Red Dot or Duke and a shot of Calvert or 7 shots of Calvert and a glass of Red Dot or Duke: All for the same price, take your pick. $1.00.

People growing up here today think they are "Pittsburghers". Most couldn't hang with the originals.

Been hanging over the kitchen sink for over 20 years.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 06/11/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by geedubya
Don,
I've got the new model blackhawk in 41 mag and 44 mag. at present. I've often thought of acquiring a blackhawk in the 30 carbine. How do you like yours?
GWB

Just picked it up today. Balance feels good. Hope to get to the range tomorrow. Got 100 rounds of ammo with it so I should get a good feel for it. Will order some dies and bullets this week. Little light for deer but I don't plan to hunt with it. Bought it for the handgun league shoots we have at the club.
Will report back.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
One thing nice about pistols and rifles. Whether you get into them right or not you've no problem turning them into cash in short order, plus it's hard to lose by making a profit.

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 06/11/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
You mean this fosterite?

[Linked Image]

Paul.

That's a good question actually. Given the lengths we went to locating and acquiring by hook or crook, Aussie beer back during the SE Asian war games I can't imagine why you let any of it leave your shores. Good stuff by my standards, but I may be unqualified to judge beer at all since I'm more of a whiskey slut than a pub bitch.

yeah I was always partial to Aussie and Canuck beer over most major American stuff.. however as Brink mentioned also.. Leinie and Strohs, I got to like those quite a bit...

In the VA/WVA/PA/MD area, when there I enjoyed Iron City and Rolling Rocks...Weiderman also..

Anyone from the PA area ever had "Old Frothingslosh"? I use to enjoy that one ever end of the year holiday times...one of the funnest marketing efforts I ever saw also....

Funny thing about Fosters is that few people in Australia even drink it. In all the time I've spent there, I think I've seen it on the shelf in one shop. The Fosters sold in the US isn't even made in Australia, it's contract brewed in Canada. If you want to drink true Aussie beer, you need to find XXXX or VB, though I doubt it's available in the US due to the strong Aussie dollar.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
"Old Frothingslosh" brings back some memories.

Iron City, AKA "Red Dot" unfortunately permanently erased most of them.

Yingling Black and Tan is the best beer made in Pa. Most of the others will rot your urethra on the way out.

Worse beer I ever had, was while in College, I went over into NY State for the weekend with buddies sometimes, and they would offer Rheingold and Knickerbocker in bars and liquor stores... I couldn't make it half way thru a Rheingold without barfing.. and Knickerbocker was worse.. my buddies got a kick out of when a southern boy like me, started calling Knickerbocker, NigerKnocker instead.

We had a Carling Brewery next town over from where my college was...I was co-chair of Student Unions, and the brewery use to offer us kegs of Carling Black Label and Tuborg Gold for dances, parties and other student activities.. we would turn it down, because it was bad enough, even we college students wouldn't take it despite it being totally free...

Yeah the Northeast actually had some real rotgut beers up there....any of you New Yorkers old enough to remember Maximus Super? don't know if it is still around, but had a mega alcohol content for a beer...

and then there was when I use to go up to Ottawa and Montreal for week long school breaks... I got introduced to Molson 22 in Ottawa.... 22 ounce beer with 22 % alcohol... and went down as smooth as silk.. but when you got up to go hit the head,.... you head would spin and your ass immediately hit the seat or floor.... I actually got introduced to that by a couple of young off duty Mounties in a Blue Grass Bar in Ottawa... awwww the good old days...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WSM, I one of those 30 Carbine Blackhawk back in the early 80's. It was accurate enough, but mostly just a fun one to shoot. I am sure you will enjoy it. Still kick myself for getting rid of it.

GDub, been meaning to ask you about the MK2 pistol you posted a pic of awhile back. How do you like the Volquartsen trigger? I was always partial to the Clarks match set. I never could get used to those wide shoes. Got 3 MK- II's and 1 MK-III only one that's ever broke is the POS MK III.

[Linked Image]

Seafire, sorry man got busy so couldn't answer but #2 would have been my choice also, but #3 had a mouthful, and a handful so after that anymore is just wasted Icing smile

Now to pizz Stickey off a little more. And make Eddy a little happier laugh

Not a lot of rack but a dandy

[Linked Image]

Girl next door type, nice backside plus bet she can cook grin

[Linked Image]

Officer or not, this one deserves a long hard salute!

[Linked Image]

This one would be plain fun wink

[Linked Image]

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Woof drool slobber slobber

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Swifty,

I'd have to go with N# 4 on today's menu...

love a redhead, especially one that is not flat chested, which they usually are...

# 2 gets high honorable mention...

and #3, ya just know after a couple of beers, ya know you're gonna end up in trouble with her along for the ride.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You mean this fosterite?

[Linked Image]

Paul.

Fosters is probably Australia's best known beer due to the the ad campaigns that they ran in conjunction with the "shrimp on the barbie" tourist stuff.

I think they had to find a market for it, cause it was last choice among Australia's good beers !

Paul

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ryoushi
[quote=New_2_99s

Paul.

Funny thing about Fosters is that few people in Australia even drink it. In all the time I've spent there, I think I've seen it on the shelf in one shop. The Fosters sold in the US isn't even made in Australia, it's contract brewed in Canada. If you want to drink true Aussie beer, you need to find XXXX or VB, though I doubt it's available in the US due to the strong Aussie dollar. [/quote]

Hey there,

Been buying VB here, in Canada for the last 2 years !! I think it is also brewed under licence here.

None on the shelves at the moment though cry.

Paul

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
A buddy that escaped from that prison colony tried to convince me that Tooheys New was good beer.

It's not.

In fact, it's almost as bad as Canadian beer.

Except Molson. I like a Molson.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Brinky,

I enjoy the sanctity,that Stupidity ain't an Act for you. Congratulations?!!?

You are THE Trifecta...a Lying Piece Of Schit,a Day Dreaming Do Nothing Piece Of Schit and an Amazingly [bleep] Stupid Piece Of Schit.

Looking forward to your next Whine,as you set idle with your Imagination,trying to perfect your Pretend.

Wow +P+.

Shefire,

BWT coming up this weekend?

Didn't think so.

Laffin'!

Eddy,

Been bangin' away right proper,takin' advantage of the current high pressure front,to gun some swirlin' winds. Was on [bleep] fire with the LFB yesterday,doping 6MOA at 1K and still holding offa the CH intersection. Whistled 200+ 162's the day prior and am gonna be 1000 75's through the Samtucky this morning(it's nearly broke-in).

Was waitin' on parts for my 54 Annie and they showed yesterday late afternoon and I slammed it together,if only as R&D. As a double curiousity,I opted to fling sorted(rim thickness) AE Bulkers and despite the wind,it done fair to middlin'. Need to dig deeper through my stash to find the Eley,RWS,Lapooey and FGMM,if only to grant 'er a fair shake.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G-12 Critter Pic from yesterday.

[Linked Image]

I remain jealous,that I cain't get a gate or a fence in a pic...like the "hard charging" Texans.

Laffin'!

'pole,

I personally enjoy the riveting social commentary. 'Tis a fascinating Documentary of sorts,to grant The Do Nothing Gang the opportunity to showcase their Imaginations and Pretend,by living vicariously through plagiarized pics.

Undoubtedly,it's "fulfilling" for 'em,to Pretend soooooooo often.

Laffin'!

Swifty,

Granting you opportunity to wax eloquent about women,is akin to a 2nd Amendment Home Defense "Tutorial" by Joe Biden.

Rest assured that it's ONLY [bleep] hilarious...because of the fact that you really are doing your best. Laffin'!

Keep "hard charging"...as only your Imagination can.

Laffin'!

Kaleb,

I've always been a people person...and have long been at ease in mouthy dumbphuckers trying to "tell" or "show" me sumptin'. I've never not welcomed such hilarity in the flesh and for some reason,Reality ALWAYS [bleep] collides with their Imaginations.

Hell,mebbe you'd be the first to really get me knowed up on this Outdoors Stuff.

Laffin'!

Just a shame,them "odds" cain't be calculated,as there simply ain't enough zero's in the Universe,to set behind that decimal point.

[bleep] Wow +P+!

Gee',

Though the "Taxidermy" is impossible to trump,Golf Cartin' drumtight dead Critters around in the swelterin' heat,really is a glorious attempt to do so.

You and Jeff-O really should oughtta collaborate on that Book.

Laffin'!

'hunternm,

No schit?!!? A [bleep] Cat.

Bless your heart.

'Cub,

Fascinating,that you [bleep] nearly pried your [bleep] from the couch...but Reality unfortunately yet again curtailed such "Adventures". Laffin'!

Keep shootin' for the stars.

Laffin'!

'Mooner,

Bragging up Beer,is akin to "bragging" up a tryst with Janet Reno,Hillary Clinton and Dr. Ruth.

Cain't be done,because it ain't in the cards.(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love that 54. Not that I can deal with any thumbhole, but that looks nice. Been shimming on it yet? My last 54 shot everything good but had to tweak the action screws every trip. Everyone else had barrel tuners while I was tuning action screws.
If you find a good lott of Eley black box buy a few cases. I ran into a really good lot a few years back. Ended up giving that ammo to Don Geraci who shot a bunch of ARG records with it.
I am trying to buy my old swindlehurst back without much success. I sold out all my good rimfire stuff a few years back for no good reason other than I had quit going to matches because of sickness and people wanted the stuff.
I am getting back on track for some heavy shooting. Just got back from following the wife around florida theme parks for two weeks. Having to do some PT to get over that trip. Got a bunch of boxes from dillon laying around that arrived while I was on vacation. Gonna do some uncrating here in a bit.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Unless you can't read you know I've not been mouthy or tried to get you learned up on nothin. Just show and tell of recreation like everyone else.

Like I said I'm sure most of us would get along just fine in person. I ain't been many places I couldn't have a good time or people I couldn't get along with. Maybe I'm just pleased too easy?

Have a good one.

Kaleb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never thought I'd take to a thumbhole either, until a neighbor browbeat me into shooting his metallic silhouette rifle many years ago. Thumbhole stocked M700 in 308.

Became apparent after a few pops @ 100 yards, that them things lend themseves very well to offhand shooting.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 113 of 229 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (160user, 338rcm, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.