-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7812902 06/12/13
OP Offline
The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. Marine General.

As they talked, the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America ."

The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help?"

The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is black, and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians, or Pakistanis on Star Trek."

The General leaned toward the Iranian Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very funny

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love it!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So what about the klingons ? grin

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I believe there was a minor character in The Changeling who was of Persian or Middle Eastern descent.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I believe there was a minor character in The Changeling who was of Persian or Middle Eastern descent.

I knew TRH would be all over this one...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Without doubt

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Travis
grin You know me all too well.

PS Do you know why Star Trek was cancelled? Because people would turn down the volume during the commercials to discuss the significance and implications of the topics touched upon in the episodes instead of actually watching the commercials. The show enjoyed enormous ratings, but advertisers didn't care if the viewers weren't watching the commercials.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
PS Do you know why Star Trek was cancelled? Because people would turn down the volume during the commercials to discuss the significance and implications of the topics touched upon in the episodes instead of actually watching the commercials. The show enjoyed enormous ratings, but advertisers didn't care if the viewers weren't watching the commercials.

Do they teach that at Nerds Anonymous?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Travis
No, because at Nerds Anonymous, they help folks overcome nerdiness, and details like that would serve the opposite objective.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Travis
No, because at Nerds Anonymous, they help folks overcome nerdiness, and details like that would serve the opposite objective.

He's got ya there Travis

+1-TRH

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DeadBird
Scotty who is Scottish

Side note on Scotty ....

He was born in BC Canada to parents emigrated from Ireland. Also, he landed on Normandy during the Allied invasion, killing two snipers and being wounded himself by friendly fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Doohan

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by DeadBird
Scotty who is Scottish

Side note on Scotty ....

He was born in BC Canada to parents emigrated from Ireland. Also, he landed on Normandy during the Allied invasion, killing two snipers and being wounded himself by friendly fire.
As a result of which he lost a finger (or was it two?). If you watch him in Star Trek you will notice that one hand is always held in such a way as not to be able to clearly see all of his fingers.

Only one finger was lost, it would seem, based on the picture below.

[Linked Image]

Here's a rare exception:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
if you told me this was a true story, and that GEN James Mattis was the general in question, I could believe this.

he has made some awesome comments like this in the past. on national forums.

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Travis

He's got ya there Travis

+1-TRH

Buuuuurrrn.... grin

Travis

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Travis
grin You know me all too well.

probably apropos of nothing, but one minor question for TRH: exactly at what volume should the tv be on during the commercials which are still running whilst these discussions are taking place, in order for advertisers to avoid cancelling my shows?

who cares what the volume was set on?

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have to wonder though, how he has time to watch/ remember all these little trivia tidbits...

What, with all that nunchuck practice

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Recon_Jim

who cares what the volume was set on?
Paying advertisers. They wanted the viewers to hear their pitch about how heavenly Chock Full of Nuts was rather than discussing the ideas raised in the Star Trek episodes. Research indicated that folks were doing the latter and not the former, so they pulled their sponsorship and the show was cancelled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
stop for a moment, and think about the words you are typing. they make no sense. unless you believe that now the NSA is secretly spying on the volume of the tv in your house when advertisers are not there, and reporting it to said advertisers, I really do not understand how they would know your volume habits.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.